Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 06-11-2006, 10:58 AM   #1
james22
With da Warlords

Default Broke Spoiler Lip Wagga AFD

Hi all. Attended the Wagga AFD on the weekend and on the last cruise b4 dinner on saturday I crunched the gutter preety bad when leaving bolton park. Split the lower lip of the spoiler on the left hand side. Does anyone know if these can be replaced? Or is it a whole new front bar?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg spoiler lip.jpg (4.6 KB, 141 views)

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

XR50T Ute - 300rwkw (give or take depending on the day)
james22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 11:57 AM   #2
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You can buy just new pods. They should be sikaflex'd on.

You can try replace them with Plastic parts, otherwise from AWC they are $110 for the Fibreglass, for the pair.

LG
Old 06-11-2006, 12:37 PM   #3
CAMS290
trying to get a leg over
Donating Member2

You will have to drill the rivets out, then prise them off as they are held on with sikaflex too.
Old 06-11-2006, 12:54 PM   #4
b2tf
not here much anymore

Hi James,

mate really sorry that this has happened. The driveway is a bit tricky but if you get it on the right angle it's usually ok.

FTG sell genuine pods for around $120 a set, I would go these over fibreglass any day, Im told the fibreglass ones just fall apart after a few nicks on gutters etc which is bound to happen!
Old 06-11-2006, 01:28 PM   #5
Orbit
Resident Nyctophobic!!

lol you weren't alone.... crazy AU crunched his front bar so did blueprint XR8 do his newly painted bar in along with his new carbra!! there are quite a few fatalities at that carpark....my monstertruck bottoms out if you don't take it slow enough and on a big enough angle...you know when you se gouges out of the road that it's not going to be a happy experience fora lowered car. Next year i'll supply some ramps lol.

Last edited by Orbit; 06-11-2006 at 01:31 PM. Reason: damn filter....i didn't even use profanity!
Orbit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 01:55 PM   #6
james22
With da Warlords

cheers guys, yeah a few ppl done that on the day, oh well in any case it was a great day, something had to throw a spanner in the works lol, thanks for the replys. BTW who is FTG? and what is Sika'flex? I gather thats some kind of silicone or glue

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

Old 06-11-2006, 02:02 PM   #7
Gambit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by james22
cheers guys, yeah a few ppl done that on the day, oh well in any case it was a great day, something had to throw a spanner in the works lol, thanks for the replys. BTW who is FTG? and what is Sika'flex? I gather thats some kind of silicone or glue
FTG is a site sponsor - ferntree gully autosalvage & you are right with sikaflex. It is like a glue.

http://www.sika.com.au/cmi/marine_products.htm
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 07:10 PM   #8
ten[A]cio[U]s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bad luck mate. My front bar looked like a drew a line with chalk it scraped that bad.. But i spose you get that..

B.T.W your exhaust it bloody awesome, thanks for starting it up for me, its insane how great it sounds!

Future fun: 1968 Ford Galaxie 500

ten[A]cio[U]s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2006, 08:53 AM   #9
james22
With da Warlords

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy-au
Bad luck mate. My front bar looked like a drew a line with chalk it scraped that bad.. But i spose you get that..

B.T.W your exhaust it bloody awesome, thanks for starting it up for me, its insane how great it sounds!
yeah s**t happens, I wont go so bloody quick next time. Had a hwy patrol officer interrogate me about the volume on my way home lol. He let me off no prob. :

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

Old 07-11-2006, 11:27 AM   #10
jones_aus

sikaflex is good stuff, just dont get it on your hands, it'll be there all week
jones_aus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post