Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Closed Thread

Old 15-11-2006, 05:56 PM   #1
Imolator
Quad Cam

Default WQ Vs WP

Hi Guys, Was reading through a workshop manual that I bought which covers 2002-2005 Fiestas. Now in the Wp the waterpump is driven of the main belt and the smaller belt drives the power steering alone, but on the WQ the waterpump is driven by a smaller belt and the big belt drives everything else. I wonder why Ford changed the design, maybe to combat premature waterpump failure that some Fiestas had. Any Idea anyone.

Old 15-11-2006, 06:00 PM   #2
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imolator
I wonder why Ford changed the design, maybe to combat premature waterpump failure that some Fiestas had. Any Idea anyone.
More then likely!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 15-11-2006, 11:20 PM   #3
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Could be because of the Water pump failures buy only the very first WP fiesta had that issue (2002 and 2003 models). Ford fixed the issue so unless later WP's also had the alternate waterpump setup I doubt it would be only for that.
Old 15-11-2006, 11:33 PM   #4
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotr
Could be because of the Water pump failures buy only the very first WP fiesta had that issue (2002 and 2003 models). Ford fixed the issue so unless later WP's also had the alternate waterpump setup I doubt it would be only for that.
I had a mid-2004 build and the water pump failed.

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 15-11-2006, 11:39 PM   #5
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
I had a mid-2004 build and the water pump failed.
I have a Dec 03 and many people have early 04 and the water pumps are fine. It down to the way you drive
Old 15-11-2006, 11:39 PM   #6
Al...

I have an '05 and had the water pump and power steering pump replaced
Old 15-11-2006, 11:45 PM   #7
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
I have a Dec 03 and many people have early 04 and the water pumps are fine. It down to the way you drive
Well obviously not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al...
I have an '05 and had the water pump and power steering pump replaced
There you go.

I know Danny had his replaced too.

Old 16-11-2006, 02:11 AM   #8
Steffo
LPG > You

The way you drive mate, its a surprise the only problem you had was the water pump....
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Old 16-11-2006, 03:10 AM   #9
0xyg3n

Mine wet its panties as well. :P
Old 16-11-2006, 10:36 AM   #10
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
The way you drive mate, its a surprise the only problem you had was the water pump....
Because driving on a highway at 100km/h for 1 hour should cause the water pump to fail?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0xyg3n
Mine wet its panties as well. :P
SO, thats about 4 of us that have had it happen.

Old 16-11-2006, 10:56 AM   #11
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

4 out of how many? Thats a pretty small fraction mate.
Old 16-11-2006, 10:58 AM   #12
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Because driving on a highway at 100km/h for 1 hour should cause the water pump to fail?

SO, thats about 4 of us that have had it happen.
why do you care in defending the Fiesta.....you have a CLio and its OHHH SO MUCH BEETER THAN THE FEZ........

just asked out of curiosity.....

Btw just because a water pump fails doesnt mean that ford have to rediesign the way they work. ever heard ofbad manufacture.....though the way you drive will and can create it to fail weather you where driving like a maniac at the time or not....

Old 16-11-2006, 11:10 AM   #13
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
4 out of how many? Thats a pretty small fraction mate.
4 out of the active members. That's quite a lot. You yourself know that in the UK it was a common problem. So stop giving others shit. It's a common problem and Ford know about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
why do you care in defending the Fiesta.....you have a CLio and its OHHH SO MUCH BEETER THAN THE FEZ........

just asked out of curiosity.....

Btw just because a water pump fails doesnt mean that ford have to rediesign the way they work. ever heard ofbad manufacture.....though the way you drive will and can create it to fail weather you where driving like a maniac at the time or not....
The lack of knowledge here is hilarious. If you knew me and the Fiesta... I loved that car, and still do. Ask anyone looking for a car around the $20k mark and I'll jump up and down till they get the Fiesta.

Um, yes, the Clio is 'OHHH SO MUCH BEETER THAN THE FEZ'. But sorry, did I mention any of that in this thread? Have I spoken about the Clio recently? No. Yet you go and cry when I do. Get real.

And the way I drive aye? Sorry, but I wasn't the one promoting the fact I hoon through traffic and move from lane to lane all the time - was I? OH, and when the water pump did fail, I was driving on the Freeway home. So, nothing putting strain on the engine.

Also, I never mentioned that Ford changed the design. That was Imolator.

:

Old 16-11-2006, 11:16 AM   #14
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
4 out of the active members. That's quite a lot. You yourself know that in the UK it was a common problem. So stop giving others shit. It's a common problem and Ford know about it.

The lack of knowledge here is hilarious. If you knew me and the Fiesta... I loved that car, and still do. Ask anyone looking for a car around the $20k mark and I'll jump up and down till they get the Fiesta.

Um, yes, the Clio is 'OHHH SO MUCH BEETER THAN THE FEZ'. But sorry, did I mention any of that in this thread? Have I spoken about the Clio recently? No. Yet you go and cry when I do. Get real.

And the way I drive aye? Sorry, but I wasn't the one promoting the fact I hoon through traffic and move from lane to lane all the time - was I? OH, and when the water pump did fail, I was driving on the Freeway home. So, nothing putting strain on the engine.

Also, I never mentioned that Ford changed the design. That was Imolator.

:
The bottom end of my quote was meant for every1 else not just you!

what i was getting at was that a manufacture Fault is hardly something ford would Redisign in a car with it still being the current model.....

Quote:
did I mention any of that in this thread
well its a first....lets hope it keeps up.....

Yer so i used to drive my dads au it was the best family size car and most probably still is cost wise. but you dont see me in th AU section posting all the time.....its called

MOVING ON!

i drive differently and like a MANIAC so ill admit it. Care Factor = 0

ohh my water pump hasnt failed yet....but i drive like a maniac so what does that mean......

Old 16-11-2006, 11:20 AM   #15
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
The bottom end of my quote was meant for every1 else not just you!

what i was getting at was that a manufacture Fault is hardly something ford would Redisign in a car with it still being the current model.....

well its a first....lets hope it keeps up.....

Yer so i used to drive my dads au it was the best family size car and most probably still is cost wise. but you dont see me in th AU section posting all the time.....its called

MOVING ON!
Well, I think what Imolator was getting at is that it has been acknowledged as a manufacturing fault, and for that reason was redesigned (redisign for you) for the WQ so the problem wouldn't occur anymore.

I haven't spoken about it for a while, have I? Want to go congratulate me in every other thread I haven't mentioned the Clio? Go ahead.

Um, did you OWN the car? No. The Fiesta was my first. And I seem to think you need me here as some people need educating.

OH, and that last comment WASN'T refering to you...

Old 16-11-2006, 11:32 AM   #16
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Well, I think what Imolator was getting at is that it has been acknowledged as a manufacturing fault, and for that reason was redesigned (redisign for you) for the WQ so the problem wouldn't occur anymore.
true that could be a possibility though it could of also been changed cause they wanted to give it better effiency and as you said reliability.

Quote:

I haven't spoken about it for a while, have I?
yet notice that your posts have reduced significantly??!!!

Quote:

Want to go congratulate me in every other thread I haven't mentioned the Clio? Go ahead.
well id be hard pressed to find any to tell you the truth. apart from this one.

Quote:

Um, did you OWN the car? No. The Fiesta was my first.
my name was on insurance, i paid for petrol, i paid for rego and insurance, i thnk that qualifies me as basically owning the car!

Quote:
And I seem to think you need me here as some people need educating.

OH, and that last comment WASN'T refering to you...
theres your problem.....You seem to THINK to much. The world does not revolve around you, you know. the Forums will Function without you! we are all grown up enough to survive without being babied by you.....and since when do you have a teaching degree....
and i dont think that any1 has asked you to "EDUCATE" them.....

Old 16-11-2006, 11:37 AM   #17
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Think about this was. Ford would not have waited until the WQ to fix the waterpump problem. They fixed it back in 2003 before the fiesta was imported into Australia (Although a few DEC 03 did come in the initial shipment).

All cars are gonna have a few issues and just because yours had water pump issues doesn't make it a common problem. You don't have to get so dam defensive Teki its only a water pump and don't try and say you didn't give the car a thrashing. Does it really matter that much to you?

Teki there is a thing called Stress fractures, just because your pump blew on the highway doesn't mean the damage was caused on the freeway it was likly caused before hand and slowly got worse.

Also, you seem to think you know more and are smarter than everyone else. Why is this?
Old 16-11-2006, 11:54 AM   #18
Imolator
Quad Cam

Wow you guys love to argue . But seriously for Ford to go to the trouble of changing the belt setup really does show that it must of played a part in the warter pump failures. I mean if it aint broken don't fix it. They changed it for a reason, and I'll hazard a guess that it was probably because the new setup puts less stress on the bearing .

And Teki04 keep on posting, just because you have moved on from your Fez doesn't mean that you should move on from this forum. I think that by your continuing to post here shows just how much you still like the Fez.

My 2 cents.
Old 16-11-2006, 11:57 AM   #19
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Imolator does the Workbook state that it was changed because of water pump failures? I find it very hard to beleive it would take Ford 4years to do anything especially as the rate of failure is much lower than in 02/03.
Old 16-11-2006, 11:59 AM   #20
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Imolator does the Workbook state that it was changed because of water pump failures? I find it very hard to beleive it would take Ford 4years to do anything especially as the rate of failure is much lower than in 02/03.
yer i agree with Pie....as technology progresses people find an EASIER way to do things. and ford has been known to do things the EASY way from time to time.....not saying that they do it all the time. but from time to time. and yes i know that other manufacturers do it as well..

Closed Thread