Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 26-11-2006, 07:08 PM   #1
AUIIForte

Default Spitting Cd's

Ive been driving my car for ages, and just one day my CD player starts spitting out CD's that I put in. I keep pushing them back in, and after about 10 goes it sometimes starts working... Its ****ing me off so ******* much because I love music, especially when I drive! But when my CD player starts working as I drive into my drive way after 20 mins of pushing it back in, it really makes me angry.

Does anybody have similar problems, or know of how to go about solving it?

Any help would be appreciated!

AUIIForte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2006, 07:27 PM   #2
The Monty
Just slidin'

My clarion one, 15 months old has just started doing this. Damn its anoying, cant help you with a fix though.
Old 26-11-2006, 10:05 PM   #3
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

bit of blue tak at the end of the cd opening LOL

get it checked out, i had a similar problem, not with a car cd player but a hifi system and a computer cdrom drive i cant remember what the fix was..... if i remember i will let you know

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2006, 10:46 PM   #4
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mine had this problem when i used CDR's, never with original cd's.
They are a bastard of a unit, mines packed it in and im not going to replace it as they want $270 for a change over unit which will do the same sh1t...
philstoj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2006, 10:20 AM   #5
Midnite
Starter Motor

I was an on-site tech for Eurovox in Melbourne for some years. We also repaired Philips and other brands. When the first Philips Premium Sound System came out in the XD,XE etc Fairmont Ghias and Fairlane, LTD it was an absolute pain. Could not be repaired and replacement with an aftermarket unit was difficult as the Premium Sound consisted of a seperate tuner, graphic equaliser and cassette deck, quite a hole to fill. Out of frustration and complaints ( my interpretation ) Philips offered and then extended a change-over warranty service on these units ( one of the first audio OEMs to do so ). I see by the problems on my AU2 Fairmont Ghia 6 stacker Premium Sound System, Philips' quality still leaves a lot to be desired in car audio systems. A pity seeing Ford putting known s**t in their luxury top-of-the-line models.
Midnite is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2006, 12:16 PM   #6
Abacus
Life's a Gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnite
I see by the problems on my AU2 Fairmont Ghia 6 stacker Premium Sound System, Philips' quality still leaves a lot to be desired in car audio systems. A pity seeing Ford putting known s**t in their luxury top-of-the-line models.
Yep. I ditched mine because I couldn't see any point in getting it fixed.
Abacus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2006, 12:33 PM   #7
Au2falcons
Winter all year round

You'll find that it's not reading the CD becuase the lense is dirty/dusty that's why it spits it out. If it's a single disc player you should be able to use a cd lense cleaner (check on the packaging, they may advise against using it in car audio, mostly you can use them in stackers). Otherwise open the top cover and gently clean the lense.

Recommend trading with Mechan1k, Offyaguts, EDMONTY, PhantomXR8, HOTC2R, Partie & JC
Au2falcons is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2006, 02:22 PM   #8
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

The one in my AUII started doing it. Got it fixed by Ford under warranty. Did it again a while after, again got it fixed. Third time I gave up and got a new system.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post