Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 23-12-2006, 08:22 PM   #1
ardei
WP Fiesta LX

Default Now I've got a Fiesta

Hey Everyone,

After much deliberation about what car to buy as my first (I must've changed my mind 15 times in 5 days) I finally found one and bought it. And lucky for this forum, it's a 2005 WP Fiesta LX .

Silver in colour, manual transmission, Air Conditioning (of course), 20,000km on the clock, Rego till Dec 2007 and all for $11,500.

Quite happy with how it drives, very solid and I have yet to test out it's true handling ability! (First I gotta become fluent in driving stick : ).

Anyway it may not be my preffered colour or style but I'm over the ricer stage of my life so I'm not phased. Unfortunately, the sound system looks like a dog to mess with so I won't even bother. Maybe I could put some lightweight wheels on once I get bored of the handling.

Otherwise, it has great mid-range torque and seems potent enough for my liking. Didn't come with any service/hand books or a second key which sucks. But I just hope that it lasts me a lifetime...well let's say 10-15years! (That's not too big of an ask, is it?)

Will post up pics when the weather clears up.

Cheers,
Andrei.

ardei is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2006, 08:46 PM   #2
falcXF 2 Fiesta
Starter Motor

Welcome,

yea Pics is something I have to do aswell... I think I will charge the camera tonight and take some tomorrow morning - so pics tomorrow guys (obviously it's stock so you'll already know what it looks like... but oh well
falcXF 2 Fiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2006, 09:22 PM   #3
RS027
Perth XR5'er

Good price for a great little car mate.
Ford Rallye Sport Club of WA; Member#64:

Barbagallo Short: 1:01.1779
Barbagallo Long: 1:12.4649
Collie: 55.90

K&N Gen2 57i CAI / 2XS RIP / Airtec Gen3 IC / Mongoose Dump Pipe / Outlaw 200cpsi Cat / Milltek Ultimate Race Catback / Whiteline 24mm RARB / Whiteline FALK / BC Racing BR-Spec Coilovers / RSR Rear Camber Arms / Ferodo DS2500 Pads F&R / Goodridge Braided Brake Lines / Elevate Torque Mount / DS MOD C / MkII RS Clutch & DMF / Quaife LSD
RS027 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2006, 09:36 PM   #4
Danny
GT4.

Good mate, I'd be worried about the absence of books though! The instrument cluster may have been to the surgeon!

Highly unlikely but nay always a possibility! Sounds like a good pickup. Fkkkn hell when are we gonna get some members in Melbourne! I think that Sydneysiders are more in touch with their feminie Hatch side than we are.... Bloody Hell!
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2006, 11:56 PM   #5
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Good mate, I'd be worried about the absence of books though! The instrument cluster may have been to the surgeon!

Highly unlikely but nay always a possibility! Sounds like a good pickup. Fkkkn hell when are we gonna get some members in Melbourne! I think that Sydneysiders are more in touch with their feminie Hatch side than we are.... Bloody Hell!
Gonna see more and more P-Platers and such owning cars like the Fiesta up here now, since we got the new P-Plate law crap. I myself am a product of the P-Plate BS. If I was in Vic on P's I'd have an AUII XR8 200kW. Comes in at 124kW/tonne and something like 3.3L/tonne, just under the maximums.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2006, 12:10 AM   #6
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Probally why there is not many SA members with a Fez if any as P Platers can drive what they want here (the same when I got my P's 16 short or long years ago now pending on how I slept the night b4 lol.) (I got my first car a week b4 my 18th bday and it was a V8 I looked at nothing else) Enjoy your Fez. :eclipsee_

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2006, 09:30 PM   #7
ardei
WP Fiesta LX

As promised, here are pictures of a stock 3dr WP LX in Moondust Silver! *quivers with excitement* :

Click Me

I absolutely love this car and can't wait to personalise it just that little bit so it feels even moreso like my special car. And I've been driving stick for two days now and am quite confident already. :eclipsee_ Hopefully I can resit (and pass!) my Driving Test on 3rd January. Should be good.

Oh and a little Off Topic but I DEMAND a EuroFord Cruise in NSW sometime soon! Looking through the old photos, there seemed to be some VERY nice previous cruises with a good turnout and a good route + destination. Bring it back :
Old 26-12-2006, 09:43 PM   #8
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nice, ardei. All the best with the driving test!

Yes, Eurofordclub cruises are always good. I'll let you know when one is on. Did you see some of the photos on www.eurofordclub.com/gallery

-sigh-

Damn double demerit points, feels like walking around with a toy-car stuck up your anus. Not that I know how that'd feel.

Last edited by HyperKid; 26-12-2006 at 10:18 PM.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2006, 11:46 PM   #9
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

I think there was talk of another cruise in Janurary. I won't be able to attend until march but that gives me time to get some mods.

Cars looks very nice and you managed to accuratly recreate the original Fiesta ad Good luck with your driving test and hope to see you at a cruise.
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2006, 12:36 AM   #10
Sonia

I didn't realise the plans included some under chin fluff :P

I'm sure you'll love it.... we all do!
Sonia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2006, 11:39 AM   #11
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Hey Dude,

Congrats on the purchase, car is looking mint, so does the mods list.

Yeah we definitley need to organise a cruise for January. I think Wisemans ferry was on the cards tho. But any where will be great to open her up a bit.
Old 27-12-2006, 12:04 PM   #12
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Welcome Andrei,.......... hope ya enjoy your new Fez, have to agree with "RS07", good price, well done.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2006, 01:07 PM   #13
Danny
GT4.

Looks Nice Ardei,

What happened to the tow hook cover though!? Looks like its missing. Anyways, Theres Plenty of How-To's on how to put foggies in the Fez, so you should be fine there. As for the Ticler on your chin, I'm 21, still look 18, and have been trying to grow it forever, and It just won't grow..... Good luck anyways...
Old 27-12-2006, 01:17 PM   #14
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

It took me a month to get any facial hair looking somewhat consistent and beard looking. that month was the best month of my life. Then i shaved it. its been down hill from then.

Anyways, someone make a thread about next Jan cruise.
Old 27-12-2006, 02:10 PM   #15
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

I'm 34 & still look 21.
Old 27-12-2006, 03:39 PM   #16
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardei
I DEMAND a EuroFord Cruise in NSW sometime soon!:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotr
I think there was talk of another cruise in Janurary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
Yeah we definitley need to organise a cruise for January. I think Wisemans ferry was on the cards tho. But any where will be great to open her up a bit. Anyways, someone make a thread about next Jan cruise.

Thread made. http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=79468
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2006, 12:23 AM   #17
Danny
GT4.

Andrei. What nationality is that name? Greek?
Old 28-12-2006, 01:08 AM   #18
ardei
WP Fiesta LX

Romanian.
Old 28-12-2006, 03:24 PM   #19
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Congrats on the Fez, Andrei. Good luck on the mods.

BTW, I'm 32 and look 20-ish.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post