Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 29-12-2006, 01:36 PM   #1
FRA
Mr Focus

Default auto transmission

If you own a 2.0L auto and your starting to have poor km out of a full tank of fuel. You need to change the auto transmission fluid and what a ***** that is,there's no sump plug and you gotta buy the auto transmission fluid at Ford.
I think every 15,000km it needs to get done.

Cosworth: 2.5" high flow exhaust system, piston & rod 8.5.1 Ford Racing: Tail lights, engine cover, racing wing, cnc'd head, manifold, 70mm tb. Lentech: Torque Convertors with 23 spline input shaft, valvebody
Oz racing: WRC OBX: 4-2-1 race header
SCT: xcal3, dash scan.
FRA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2006, 02:34 PM   #2
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

I have a '03 LR LX and the Service Schedule recommends that when a 'B' Service is due you need only to change the fluid in "severe duty conditions only" or replace the fluid every 60k if only used for continous heavy towing (unlikely), police (haven't seen a Focus used as a Police Car yet), or door to door delivery (haven't seen a Pizza Delivery Focus yet). But thanks for this info, FRA.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 12:35 AM   #3
kenny21
This is really me :)

i do deliveries in ma focus haha. I just had ma 'B' service done and couldnt be ****** gettin it done until the new year cause the bloody rotors are ****** so i gotta get new harder rotors that are harder then the pads. Thats the problem with euro cars any of em ie bmw merc focus astra etc is that cause they built for colder climates the rotors are softer then the pads so u always wear rotors out and so i thought screw it ill put some propper 1ns in haha.

Alex
kenny21 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 03:30 PM   #4
eXtremist
2007 Ford Focus Zetec

Rotors are cheap, they're only ~$150 for a set of 2.
eXtremist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2007, 10:23 PM   #5
Lagom

What sort of mileage were you getting and what did it change to after you changed the fluid?

Is yours an LS or LR Focus?
Lagom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2007, 12:45 PM   #6
FRA
Mr Focus

anywhere from 360 to 400km to a full tank and it was like this for a good 6 months +
After 20,000km I had put on a new oil and filter and fuel filter and no change
After 27,00km I did the auto transmission fluid
Now I was getting anywhere from 450km+
Before I did the transmission I was getting like 80km and it was 3/4 of a tank
I have a LR
I don't let anyone work on my baby but me
Cosworth: 2.5" high flow exhaust system, piston & rod 8.5.1 Ford Racing: Tail lights, engine cover, racing wing, cnc'd head, manifold, 70mm tb. Lentech: Torque Convertors with 23 spline input shaft, valvebody
Oz racing: WRC OBX: 4-2-1 race header
SCT: xcal3, dash scan.
FRA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post