Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-01-2007, 12:43 AM   #1
mustang xr6
Starter Motor

Default Help!

Hello. I am new member with a special project in mind and I am trying to gather as much information as possible. Hence joining this forum. I am also trying to join the fordxr6turbo.com forum but I am not getting the activation email (I have tried a couple of different sign on names with different email addresses) and I am also not getting any responses from the admins when I am emailing them. Does any body know if the admins are still on holidays or something. Very frustrating.

Looking forward to joining the discussions and thanks in advance for any help. Cheers.

mustang xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2007, 12:45 AM   #2
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i take it you have an xr6 or you're trying to put an xr6t engine in a mustang? either way if you post in the xr6/f6 section you will probably get better results. welcome to the forum by the way
Old 11-01-2007, 12:51 AM   #3
mustang xr6
Starter Motor

cheers, if the mods are watching is it possible to move this thread. Otherwise i will do a cut paste and redo the thread. Thanks.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:19 AM   #4
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

so what is it? are you trying to put an xr6 motor into a mustang?
Old 11-01-2007, 10:01 AM   #5
mustang xr6
Starter Motor

Basically.......... yes. A few other things as well. I am going to create a blog to track the project so I will post a link when it is up and ready.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:20 AM   #6
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sounds interesting. you're the third person i have read about wanting to do this but i havent seen any progress from the other people who have said thats what they want to do. good luck with the project
Old 11-01-2007, 12:01 PM   #7
mustang xr6
Starter Motor

Thanks. I have a mustang sourced and can get an XR6T donar easy enough. I am just going through all the requirements required by the authorities and engineers etc. to affect the modifications. There is also a fair bit of other mods planned so I am really going to have to do my homework to make it happen properly. I am a bit anal when it comes to doing it properly so it is going to take some time.

Back to the original question though. Does any one have any ideas on getting the fordxr6turbo.com admins to answer my emails? Cheers.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:35 PM   #8
nobbystang

Looking forward to hearing how your project goes, just curious what model Mustang you have sourced. Not sure if you've seen this thread but it might be up your alley.

http://forum.justmustangs.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=3827

Previous:
2011 SZ Territory Titanium
2008 Ford Edge AWD Limited
Silhouette BF XR6, ZF Auto
White EF GLi, XR look alike
VH Commodore
nobbystang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2007, 11:35 PM   #9
mustang xr6
Starter Motor

I am getting a plain jane non descipt coupe and converting it to fastback. Mainly because the real fastbacks are just to damned expensive. i then plan to use an XR6T drive line plus a few other mods. i am in the process of detailing all the plans to submit and make sure i can register it when i am finished. it will offend the traditionalist but i am not modifying any thing that was a special model.

i had seen marshall's convertible in the mag and i reckon he has done a pretty good job. i am not sure if i like the addition of the interior but i do appreciated the work put in to make it look like it was from the factory. just not sure it suits the style. but then people are going to say that about my project in the end so it is all about personal tastes.
Old 13-01-2007, 03:17 PM   #10
nobbystang

Damn tootin, there is enough 'tradionalists' out there. Mod to suit what you want I say, theres nothing like those sexy lines of an old stang, and if you can incorporate a modern driveline and interior into it, then go for it.

Previous:
2011 SZ Territory Titanium
2008 Ford Edge AWD Limited
Silhouette BF XR6, ZF Auto
White EF GLi, XR look alike
VH Commodore
nobbystang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post