Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 15-01-2007, 10:58 PM   #31
620hp_gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaRtZ
summarised : should not be hunting cars that may have been there as it is not the hoons that caused the trouble. it was the people watching.
Am I wrong?
Sure if there was no hoons there would have been no ppl therefore no trouble but the hoons didnt cause this appauling, disgrace of an event.
sounds like you were there..

These sort of meetings cause trouble for car enthuists all around Australia..Labels everyone with a stand-out car, as a hoon..

Lucky for people like BJ, that also enjoy their cars and understand that we aren't all idiots...

AND correct, if you and your mates weren't there,, it wouldn't have of happened.
Old 15-01-2007, 10:58 PM   #32
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

meh...the tools that hang around that joint deserve everything they get. And those who show up to watch are just encouraging the retards.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 15-01-2007, 11:00 PM   #33
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

OK here's my take if you were involved in that stupidity..

1. You lose your car.
2. You do 12mths jail time..minimum.
3. BJ if you are a cop and your warning idiots of impending arrests etc...you should'nt be a bloody cop. Your a disgrace to your profession ..if you are a cop!

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 15-01-2007, 11:01 PM   #34
big_pete
Sublime

its sucks that us 'car enthusiasts' get chucked into the same category as these 'hoons'

i bet 99% of the people at these riots have never even been to the drags. let alone participating in their own cars
Old 15-01-2007, 11:02 PM   #35
XW_GS
Paulie

Default hmmm there must be another way

What if...... say a car club or an organised cruise passed that particular store at the time this was all happening, try explaining you where innocent....

There must be a way of distancing ourselves from these idiots.... physically do we need special permits licences????

stay 30kms away from Noble park, well its ok for me but what about the decent folk who want to go for an inocent cruise that live in these areas....

After all these years....lets open up Sandown..... all sounds too familiar.. didnt we all have our say years ago to give us a strip down this end of the woods???

the most distubing part for me is that i DID see an XY in there, this is recorded in mytube just have another look

http://youtube.com/watch?v=v7wRjtMALGo

:

My Website
www.freewebs.com/xwgs

:disco:

302 XWGS FAIRMONT C10 9" :
302 XW FAIRMONT 4 SP 9" :

Fact: an XW had a shaker before any XY did...... :Up_to_som

Should a 302 Cleveland really be called a 302 Geelong?? No 302's with a Cleveland block where built in Cleveland
Old 15-01-2007, 11:03 PM   #36
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaRtZ
p plater doin the whole "cruise" bit driving around the area showin off the car he loves. no speeding. no burnouts. just there. Illegal?
Common sense should prevail. To hang around pending trouble is pathetic, unless you have a macabre nature.
Old 15-01-2007, 11:05 PM   #37
pauly85
commodore bogan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ
We have been told to pull all late model Holdens and Falcons, known to have been in the vicinity of the uproar of this and last week.
just curious here, and before anyone starts judging me no i was not in the area at the time (or ever for that matter) and i dont drive at night anyway, always at home or suckin back cans at a mates place, much better than hangin out in a car park,

but back on track what happens if i had have been there the night before for example, and i drive through there again this week? thats my car in my avatar so its going to be targeted because its a late model comon whore with a body kit and after market rims, im going to be treated like a criminal because i want my comon whore to look a bit more classy than the average ones on the road, i do not do burn outs in it, i dont speed in it (lets face is its an ecotech auto, it aint anything special)

now i agree that actions need to be taken against "hoons" but "hoons" need to be clearly identifyed, not as a person who want their vehicle to look/sound/perform/whatever better than the stock version, but as someone who no matter what they drive, or what modifications have been done to their vehicle, that is willing to drive in a dangerous mannor, with no respect for the laws that are in place and quite simply put other peoples lives in danger

i mean dont get me wrong, at a younger age i ( and probably most of us here) thought i was invincible, and done some stupid stuff behind the wheel, but there comes a time when you dont want to spend your hard earned money on new tyres every month, new diffs or gear boxes or what ever because of stupid and dangerous driving

basically what i am saying is i dont want to be labeled as a hoon just because my car has rims and a body kit
Old 15-01-2007, 11:08 PM   #38
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw
Anyone identified at the venue with a club identification on their car that is related to this forum and associated clubs will have their access removed immediately without redress.
Just an open thought in that anyone can for $x.yz get these stickers, perhaps if these were given out after earning the right to put them on your car it may help eliminate some of the tozzers that drive around with them on dragging others down with them.
Old 15-01-2007, 11:10 PM   #39
XW_GS
Paulie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSM T
Common sense should prevail. To hang around pending trouble is pathetic, unless you have a macabre nature.

Absolutely, even in the early 80's when i had my XY, i had never ever driven down Lygon or Chapel, id like to keep my cars on the road thanks.....

My Website
www.freewebs.com/xwgs

:disco:

302 XWGS FAIRMONT C10 9" :
302 XW FAIRMONT 4 SP 9" :

Fact: an XW had a shaker before any XY did...... :Up_to_som

Should a 302 Cleveland really be called a 302 Geelong?? No 302's with a Cleveland block where built in Cleveland
Old 15-01-2007, 11:11 PM   #40
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauly85
just curious here, and before anyone starts judging me no i was not in the area at the time (or ever for that matter) and i dont drive at night anyway, always at home or suckin back cans at a mates place, much better than hangin out in a car park,

but back on track what happens if i had have been there the night before for example, and i drive through there again this week? thats my car in my avatar so its going to be targeted because its a late model comon whore with a body kit and after market rims, im going to be treated like a criminal because i want my comon whore to look a bit more classy than the average ones on the road, i do not do burn outs in it, i dont speed in it (lets face is its an ecotech auto, it aint anything special)

now i agree that actions need to be taken against "hoons" but "hoons" need to be clearly identifyed, not as a person who want their vehicle to look/sound/perform/whatever better than the stock version, but as someone who no matter what they drive, or what modifications have been done to their vehicle, that is willing to drive in a dangerous mannor, with no respect for the laws that are in place and quite simply put other peoples lives in danger

i mean dont get me wrong, at a younger age i ( and probably most of us here) thought i was invincible, and done some stupid stuff behind the wheel, but there comes a time when you dont want to spend your hard earned money on new tyres every month, new diffs or gear boxes or what ever because of stupid and dangerous driving

basically what i am saying is i dont want to be labeled as a hoon just because my car has rims and a body kit
Totally Agree ,

Old 15-01-2007, 11:16 PM   #41
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 620hp_gt
sounds like you were there..

These sort of meetings cause trouble for car enthuists all around Australia..Labels everyone with a stand-out car, as a hoon..

Lucky for people like BJ, that also enjoy their cars and understand that we aren't all idiots...

AND correct, if you and your mates weren't there,, it wouldn't have of happened.
no i wasnt there i live 3 hrs away.

as far as i know it was the average friday night for the area. no pending trouble....

as if u would be on ur p's with a nice car u love and not head straight to the cruise spot with the most people...

might i add i am 100% in agreeance with pauly85

Standard = 99.6rwkw <!> 2.5" SuperCat cat back exhaust, Wade 1636 cam, K&N boxed pod (new dyno required
Sony headunit, splits, 6.5"s and 2 x 12" with response precision amp = 135.5 dB

Daily = Ae82 '85 corolla Fwd :togo: , 5 speed, 12" sub, 6x9's, green LED's

the course i am studying: http://www.wodonga.tafe.edu.au/01_courses/course.jsp?id=AUR30905NANA
Closed Thread