Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

View Poll Results: Would you buy eQuibs carbon fiber parts for your AU?
Yes, Very interested 75 84.27%
No, Just not for me. 14 15.73%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 07:01 PM   #61
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon_Ford
Right now, I will consider:

- Dash spear (upper glovebox trim), although we don't really like the ones with heaps of holes... that makes it more costly as damage rate is very high while getting those holes cut out... you can see how thin the CF piece gotta be around the buttons... normally we will try to avoid making this part though...

- Headlight switch trim (to complete the line of the glovebox dash spear), we will need to know if we can make the CF goes under that "flicking switch" beside the main headlight switch...

- Shift surround trim (auto)

- Door spear trims (photos please)

- Airbox Cover - might be expensive due to its size (ballpark figure: 250~300 a piece)

- Fusebox Cover - might be expensive due to its size and shape

cheers,

richie
champion.
Old 12-09-2006, 07:34 PM   #62
mattp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here's a pic of the door spears.... (thanks to amiers, I used your lovely new TL!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg door spear.JPG (27.8 KB, 136 views)
Old 12-09-2006, 08:16 PM   #63
Carbon_Ford
Carbon Fibre Nut

that door spear looks nice... so there are 4 I presume?!

cheers,

richie
Old 12-09-2006, 08:20 PM   #64
Carbon_Ford
Carbon Fibre Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVL40L
I'd love to do something about these bits
I will personally prefer to make this shorter glovebox trim than the other longer and more complicated one though... and it looks really good too

May I have the measurements of both longer and shorter front dash trims please... Thanks in advance

Thanks for the pics!

cheers,

richie
Old 12-09-2006, 08:34 PM   #65
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon_Ford
that door spear looks nice... so there are 4 I presume?!

cheers,

richie
yeah 4 door spears. the ones on drivers side are opposite to the passenger side... duh :P

the dash spears. the shorter one is on the 'low' series dash found in falcons. the long woodgrain one comes from fairmonts/fairlanes/LTDs. and it is in 2 parts. surrounding the trip computer piece (with the screen) and the other part is just a long spear.

will try and get measurements later.

even if you could do a carbon coat, and not a full carbon piece that would be tops. and cheaper i would think- for the same effect. carbon fibre is carbon fibre in my eyes, regardless if there is a fibreglass backing :P
Old 12-09-2006, 09:33 PM   #66
GTWHOA
Just cruisin

The bit above the glovebox in my pic is 500mm long and about 40mm thick in the fattest part.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:47 PM   #67
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Like the idae of the dash spear and the headlight switch as well as auto surround as well.

If I can get my hands on door spears for the ute I might consider that as well.

I love CF ... my last car had the entire dashboard fascia and cluster done from factory (Proton Satria).
Old 11-11-2006, 04:12 PM   #68
Firefox7
T3 Terrorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimt3te50
More interested in high series non-bulge bonnet, boot panel and door skins though to be honest.......
Me too. If they were available, i'd buy them in heart beat.

Cheers
Fastest Lap time At wakefield park on Dunlop Sp9000's : 1:14:30, Came 2nd in outright driver, in the overall V8 result, 2006 N.S.W dutton rally :1syellow1

:king: T3 :king: The Mightiest & Deadliest Tickford Ever To Hit The Road........
Old 12-11-2006, 01:56 PM   #69
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd be interested in a high series non-bulge bonnet as well. Buy it straight up!
Old 30-11-2006, 09:35 AM   #70
xr8 007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Carbon is a great overall look. Will be great to see some pics of some finished products!! Keep the good work up. Thumbs up from me!
Old 21-01-2007, 08:50 AM   #71
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

although cf is not for me (ive never really liked the look of it) i still support the idea of having quality au cf parts avaliable for those who like it. perhaps when i see some finished products fitted to an au interior i may consider it. heres a thought, if they did wagon taillights id definitly be in the market. ive seen a set on an old effy, thought it didnt look to bad (cf surrounding lights with clear cover)
Old 21-01-2007, 10:25 PM   #72
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Casper or mods how about deleting this thread ?
Why ? There have been over 1600 ppl looking into this thread and a large number of posts positive (infact 84%) and excited about some products for AU's....
Yes I know they will say BA and later have been the priority but that's old now and I'm sure moulds are done.
Now the last post by these guys was the 9th month last year you'd think being a sponser and annoucing some products will be looked into for AU's some concrete news would be coming by now ? or at least some facts about what is going on or not.
Is it too hard fellas ? not enough volume to justify ?
Well tell us which parts you think is worthwhile doing and we in turn should confirm numbers if there is enough interest.
I understand being in business myself, just say so please.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
Old 22-01-2007, 02:07 AM   #73
T2TL50
Proud Owner of a T 2TL50.

i would be interested in chaging all the TL ones to this stuff

Door Spears , Dash , Climate , Windows, Gear Knob section u name it.. i would be in on it and even the rear cup holders like the LTDS

Have we and $$$$

Cheers

The T2 TL50!! Maybe You Will Own One, One Day!!
Old 22-01-2007, 05:32 AM   #74
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedriver
Casper or mods how about deleting this thread ?
Why ? There have been over 1600 ppl looking into this thread and a large number of posts positive (infact 84%) and excited about some products for AU's....
Yes I know they will say BA and later have been the priority but that's old now and I'm sure moulds are done.
Now the last post by these guys was the 9th month last year you'd think being a sponser and annoucing some products will be looked into for AU's some concrete news would be coming by now ? or at least some facts about what is going on or not.
Is it too hard fellas ? not enough volume to justify ?
Well tell us which parts you think is worthwhile doing and we in turn should confirm numbers if there is enough interest.
I understand being in business myself, just say so please.
Yup, I think you are right. Until someone from eQuibs actually gets online and lets us know whats going on this thread is pointless.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Closed Thread