Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 26-01-2007, 02:23 PM   #1
XR Rob
2003 BA XR8

Default I Found My Dream AUII XR6

I am so happy... just back from a caryard where I have plumped down a deposit on a 2000 AUII XR6 VCT... silver in colour and 90,000 on the clock :eclipsee_

Getting the NRMA to inspect it and, if it's OK - or the guys at the yard fix any problems - she'll be mine in the very near future. I am wrapped.

After the trade in of my old banger for $5000, she's only going to make a $10,000 hole in my pocket, too... gotta be happy with that. A whole lot of car for not a lot of money. Just freakin' awesome :

XR Rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2007, 02:39 PM   #2
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

More details. Auto/manual etc
Old 26-01-2007, 02:42 PM   #3
XR Rob
2003 BA XR8

It's an auto... yeah, yeah, I know what you're saying... but for too many reasons to list, it made more sense to go auto. The car I traded in was a manual, so it's not like I'm anti-manual, or anything

What else is there to add? The velour seats look like the car's just come out of a showroom... everything seemed to work well... engine bay was spotless... she sounds GREAT... all in all, it looks like a car that was owned by a 50-60 year old. It's VERY untouched. Just awesome.
Old 26-01-2007, 02:58 PM   #4
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Thumbs up

Congratulations and welcome!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2007, 03:01 PM   #5
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

an original interior sure suggests she hasnt be doof doof boy attacked!!! lol. spotless engine bays can be decieving, if not a little disconcerting....why is the engine bay spotless, what is the dealer trying to hide? would be interesting to get your hands on the owners books and see who owned it, could give an idication as to who owned it (company, private, coastal driven or inland - rust indicatons - etc etc), how regular the servicing was etc etc.sorry if i sound sceptical about such a good find, i am a little concerned when it comes to dealers and 2nd hand cars, too many probs and they tell you its nothing to do with them. hope all goes well for you man...good luck
col
au2sw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2007, 03:26 PM   #6
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Make sure you post some pics up for all of us to see. Sounds like a great find.

What colour?
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2007, 03:30 PM   #7
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nice... It's silver bucky.
Old 26-01-2007, 04:52 PM   #8
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

First post, silver in colour!

I wonder if wearing no undies has affected his memory? LOL!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2007, 07:02 PM   #9
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Geeze Louise. At any point in time did i say I knew how to read. Sheesh.

Yeah ok, sorry, i have trouble reading 2 words in a row. So silver. :

Gk, I thought if I put the undies on my head, it would help with reception. But all it's done is made it look like I've been wearing a Dunlop tyre
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2007, 10:24 PM   #10
XR Rob
2003 BA XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by au2sw
an original interior sure suggests she hasnt be doof doof boy attacked!!! lol. spotless engine bays can be decieving, if not a little disconcerting....why is the engine bay spotless, what is the dealer trying to hide? would be interesting to get your hands on the owners books and see who owned it, could give an idication as to who owned it (company, private, coastal driven or inland - rust indicatons - etc etc), how regular the servicing was etc etc.sorry if i sound sceptical about such a good find, i am a little concerned when it comes to dealers and 2nd hand cars, too many probs and they tell you its nothing to do with them. hope all goes well for you man...good luck
col
Col, you're quite right about all of this, and I'm hoping it goes well, too. Getting the NRMA guy in to really put it through its paces will be the first litmus test. During my own test drive today (the guy just photocopied my license, then threw me the keys and told me to go for it on my own), I gave it a bit of stick and the car seemed very tight and capable and felt good in general. I hope that continues into the NRMA testing.

The price IS really good for a car yard, yes, but they did have this for $17,000 not too long ago and have dropped it down for quick sale in more recent times. I guess fanatics like us are the exception to the rule and people just aren't buying big sixes like they used to, these days. For $15,000, I can point to a number of private sales of comparable cars, so I'm not too put off by the price seeming a lot lower than it should be, ie: the car yard tried getting a bit extra (17K) but have now dropped it back to a private sale kind of price tag (15K). Anyway... let's see how it goes. I'm very hopeful, myself!
Old 26-01-2007, 10:36 PM   #11
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

If it is immaculate as you say it may have been an ex company car, and so has a bit of fruit in it as well. What factory options does it come with?
Old 26-01-2007, 10:42 PM   #12
XR Rob
2003 BA XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Horse
If it is immaculate as you say it may have been an ex company car, and so has a bit of fruit in it as well. What factory options does it come with?
I'm not sure, what would have been on offer? Like, it has things like cruise control, ABS, velour interior, power windows front and back and stuff... but I thought they might have already been standard on this model?
Old 26-01-2007, 10:50 PM   #13
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR Rob
I'm not sure, what would have been on offer? Like, it has things like cruise control, ABS, velour interior, power windows front and back and stuff... but I thought they might have already been standard on this model?
No, things like Premium Sound, MOMO Wheel/shifter, Body Kit.

If it has factory options there's a Tickford plaque in the engine bay on the left hand side which lists the options fitted to the car.
Old 26-01-2007, 10:56 PM   #14
XR Rob
2003 BA XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Horse
No, things like Premium Sound, MOMO Wheel/shifter, Body Kit.

If it has factory options there's a Tickford plaque in the engine bay on the left hand side which lists the options fitted to the car.
Ahhh, gotcha. Definitely doesn't have a bodykit... steering wheel didn't have any coloured bits on it, so am assuming it wasn't the MOMO... and the stereo sounded great for the brief moment I played it as I hooned along, but I really couldn't say if it was premium or not.

I will look in the engine bay for that plaque when I see the car next - if it has one at all. I wouldn't have known to look out for that, so cheers