Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-02-2007, 03:11 PM   #1
Cooper69S

Default best value exhaust shop in Perth?

Gday all
I've been needing a new exhaust system for a while - crane 2030 and stock exhaust don't seem to be a good combination - only getting 150rwkw.
I went to Genie on saturday to get an idea of what might fit my car (AU2V8). was hoping for a twin 2.5" since its dedicated gas and with no petrol tank i thought an outlet each side would look good... but turns out theres no way it will fit over the live axle (at least not without major work) so it looks like 2.5" off my existing pacemaker extractors, new 2.5" cats and single 3" mandrel bent system is what i need.

genie's price is $850 - 1000 plus the cats at $350 ea for a mild steel system.

I'm sure i can get a better deal than that so where's the best place to go in Perth for a good sounding, good quality system at a good price? my other idea is buy a couple of magnaflow cats off ebay for $135ea and get genie to fit them with the rest of their system.

Geoff

Cooper69S is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2007, 03:42 PM   #2
xwgasaxe
under new management

Exhaust Torque port kembla drive in Bibra Lake
Top quality work at a reasonable price
Old 19-02-2007, 03:48 PM   #3
perthxr6t
PERTHXR6T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper69S
Gday all
I've been needing a new exhaust system for a while - crane 2030 and stock exhaust don't seem to be a good combination - only getting 150rwkw.
I went to Genie on saturday to get an idea of what might fit my car (AU2V8). was hoping for a twin 2.5" since its dedicated gas and with no petrol tank i thought an outlet each side would look good... but turns out theres no way it will fit over the live axle (at least not without major work) so it looks like 2.5" off my existing pacemaker extractors, new 2.5" cats and single 3" mandrel bent system is what i need.

genie's price is $850 - 1000 plus the cats at $350 ea for a mild steel system.

I'm sure i can get a better deal than that so where's the best place to go in Perth for a good sounding, good quality system at a good price? my other idea is buy a couple of magnaflow cats off ebay for $135ea and get genie to fit them with the rest of their system.

Geoff
Geoff

Try Black Mac Performance in Morley it's apart of the Ford Dealership McInerney Ford and they are the dealer for Herrod Motorsport.

Don't know if they do a Gas version of there exhaust but you can ask mate i'm sure they have a website www.blackmacperformance.com.au
or ring McInerney ford for the number of the performance w/shop.

APC in Myaree should also be able too help you out but can't help you with prices no doubt your looking at over $1500 for just a cats back zorst up to $3000 for a complete system.

No doubt you've tried the yellow pages? and rang around. Also look in this forum under exhaust maybe there is something in there that can help you out.

Panther Black XR5T Mondeo
Sunroof
BlueTooth
Mods So Far

Air Box Mod
Lowered Eibach Springs 25mm
Alloy foot Pedals
Waiting for the Edit to come
Custom Cat Back Zorst
perthxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2007, 04:28 PM   #4
ThoR_
Holdens Fall Apart!

Bridgestone Tyre and Exhaust Centre in Wanneroo is very good and cheap. thats were heaps of people go. Great guy to
Old 19-02-2007, 08:37 PM   #5
xt3valve
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

MCE in wangara or mindarie do a great system. Speek to Terry. He knows what hes talking about.
Gearbox: Fully rebuilt BTR 4sp, Chryogenicaly treated, high stall
490rwhp E85
xt3valve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2007, 09:53 PM   #6
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

APC Enhancements do some nice looking and sounding systems too.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2007, 10:01 PM   #7
NARCEA
5/00 AUII Forte

another vote for exhaust torque. very happy with their work! cheers