Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 10-03-2007, 07:02 PM   #1
howesy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Adj roller rockers

Anyone with 5.0L engine as in EL to AU fitted the adjustable version of the roller rocker (YT2028) on to the engine?
Was wondering if the adjustables still clear the rocker cover or if you need to get new covers. No one as yet can give me a definate answer so thought one of you guys might have actually done it already.
cheers.
howesy

howesy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2007, 08:38 PM   #2
FRDTUF
FORD TOUGH

Quote:
Originally Posted by howesy
Anyone with 5.0L engine as in EL to AU fitted the adjustable version of the roller rocker (YT2028) on to the engine?
Was wondering if the adjustables still clear the rocker cover or if you need to get new covers. No one as yet can give me a definate answer so thought one of you guys might have actually done it already.
cheers.
howesy
Yeah, i was worried about that too mate... but they fitted ok to mine :
FRDTUF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2007, 09:06 PM   #3
howesy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRDTUF
Yeah, i was worried about that too mate... but they fitted ok to mine :
what lift are you running, with the adj. under the covers and are they the 1.61 or the 1.72 's
Old 10-03-2007, 09:38 PM   #4
NeishaXR8_347
SS Grunt

I have them on mine, i use 2 rubber/steel shim gaskets together, 1 was fine i checked it with playdoh but 2 helps me sleep at night.

Im running 1.72's in mine. With the biggest crow cam.

I will also enter any part of the Forum I wish to enter. :
NeishaXR8_347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2007, 10:16 PM   #5
howesy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeishaXR8_347
I have them on mine, i use 2 rubber/steel shim gaskets together, 1 was fine i checked it with playdoh but 2 helps me sleep at night.

Im running 1.72's in mine. With the biggest crow cam.
Cheers thanx heaps.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:12 AM   #6
FRDTUF
FORD TOUGH

Quote:
Originally Posted by howesy
what lift are you running, with the adj. under the covers and are they the 1.61 or the 1.72 's
running 1.72's made a big difference.... :Up_to_som
FRDTUF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2007, 01:16 AM   #7
NeishaXR8_347
SS Grunt

The best way to check it is put the cover on with no gasket and turn it by hand, if it doesnt bind up take it off and put the gasket and you will be fine, the 220 used the same rollers although not adj and was fine. I like the playdoh trick as you can cut it in half and measure what you have.

I will also enter any part of the Forum I wish to enter. :
NeishaXR8_347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post