Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 09-04-2007, 05:33 PM   #1
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Default Pics required for 'For Sale Threads"

Not biting or whining, but I have posted a part for sale, which I have packaged up for safekeeping and postage. I was unaware that I required to post a photo in the thread, but was unable to post the item for sale without it. I could not find anywhere stating this requirement.
Not everyone would have access to a camera to add a photo, and some items may not require one.
Given that it will stop the trolls asking "got any photos" to boost their Post Whore count!
Just explaining why I put a Generic photo in? so as to not upset mods too much.
Cheers,
Mike

MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2007, 06:04 PM   #2
b2tf
not here much anymore

Not a worry, I dont mind if people leave out pics for a decent reason, it is the lazy buggers who dont/wont post pics that are the reason the script requires you to add them.

If you dont have a camera etc, it's not a problem and it doesnt mean you can't use the FS forums.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:36 PM   #3
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
Not a worry, I dont mind if people leave out pics for a decent reason, it is the lazy buggers who dont/wont post pics that are the reason the script requires you to add them.

If you dont have a camera etc, it's not a problem and it doesnt mean you can't use the FS forums.
Thanks Austin, Just didn't want to ruffle any feathers! :
Old 09-04-2007, 06:51 PM   #4
b2tf
not here much anymore

haha, no feathers left :
Old 09-04-2007, 07:34 PM   #5
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
haha, no feathers left :
Baldy! :lookedat:
Old 09-04-2007, 07:40 PM   #6
b2tf
not here much anymore

shame about your FS thread being closed eh Mike? :
Old 09-04-2007, 08:42 PM   #7
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Firstly, I thought WTF,
then I thought Never mind, its sold,
then I thought WTF.

Then I realized, oops, taking p1ss out of For Sale Section Mod, Poor Form! :

Cheers,
Mike
Old 12-04-2007, 04:24 PM   #8
Brett3158

I dont have a digital camera or pics but want to advertise a car in the For Sale forum which will not allow me to place an ad without posting a pic. How can I do this? Regards Brett
Brett3158 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2007, 04:59 PM   #9
MIEF9640

Angry pic's required

: Biggest problem is that if you are having a cleanout by the time you add text and pic's it is only taking up valuable space on the mainframe or whatever. If somebody is interested then they can surely ask for photo's to be sent to an offsite e-mail address therefore relieving the forum. If also somebody doesn't know what the part looks like they are chasing then fine but let's be realistic even E-BAY doesn't force you to add pic's. I think this could be laxed to maybe single item's or items out of the unusual.FOOD FOR THOUGHT...Ian :evilsasmo
MIEF9640 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2007, 05:10 PM   #10
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett3158
I dont have a digital camera or pics but want to advertise a car in the For Sale forum which will not allow me to place an ad without posting a pic. How can I do this? Regards Brett
Brett, add this to your post without the spaces:

[IMG] http://www.fordforums.com.au/images/...ums_banner.jpg [/IMG]

Its the forums logo, so it'll let you post it up if you use that. Once you have, I will remove it from your post so it doesnt look weird having it there.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:00 PM   #11
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett3158
While the internet is a great tool, I find it hard to believe that if you have a comp, and the net, that you dont know someone who has a digi cam, even your phone will be good enough.

And you would be crazy to buy a car site unseen, over the net, without seeing something. Unless its absolutely what you are after and condition doesn't matter.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2007, 01:53 PM   #12
Brett3158

Smile

I dont have access to a camera I can use, and since when is placing an ad without pictures selling without seeing. Anyone can come out for an inspection before paying. Its not an ebay auction.
Brett3158 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2007, 03:37 PM   #13
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

I'm going to go against what most people are saying here and say I think its a good idea to HAVE to have pictures of the item for sale.
Whats the first response to a for sale thread with no pictures..."Do you have any pictures"...
I find it frustrating to have to ask this question time after time when I browse that section.
I've noticed lately a lot of people have found a way around the pictures rule and posting up pictures of random crap. If your trying to sell an item and you dont have a camera to take a photo of it, try searching the net for the same item and include in your post that the image isn't the actual item. Also I reckon it would be a good idea to include any damage or markings on the item. This is always for second question.

It's not hard to post pics, even without a camera, (google search). I dont see what the big deal is about posting pics.
Old 14-04-2007, 06:03 PM   #14
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Agreed....... Pictures say 1,000 words

Especially when some one is selling wheels.....

Um er it has 5 spokes, it is chrome, they are round GRRRRRRR

If you have a good reason that you cant add a photo then thats fine but if you just too lazy thats annoying!!!

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post