Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 30-04-2007, 12:13 PM   #1
XRLNT-8
Monsoon SIII XR8 220

Default 6 Stacker probs

Hi all,

Got into car today and the stereo wouldn't respond to anything, just the red light for load on continuously. Am a bit reluctant to disconnect battery as I don't have the code. Any ideas?

Cheers,
Slymo

XRLNT-8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2007, 01:42 PM   #2
DirtyHarry
Do you feel lucky?

It's probably buggered. Exact same thing appened to mine - one of the trays inside was broken.

You can get them fixed for a few hundred bucks, but once they start giving trouble they seem to keep giving trouble. Time to chuck it.

Consider buying an Alpine or Pioneer unit that will let you control an iPod from the head unit. Leave the iPod in the glovebox - they connect up to the head unit by way of a cable running through through the back of the dash that also keeps them charged.

Search this forum, there are quite a few threads on this.
DirtyHarry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2007, 08:56 PM   #3
XRLNT-8
Monsoon SIII XR8 220

Just a follow up...

I bit the bullet and pulled the fuse, reinserted it then after a bit of stacker noise it asked for the code. Went to ford and got the code, voila! now working, though I am sure it will not be for long!

Cheers
Sly
Old 02-05-2007, 06:51 PM   #4
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRLNT-8
Hi all,

Got into car today and the stereo wouldn't respond to anything, just the red light for load on continuously. Am a bit reluctant to disconnect battery as I don't have the code. Any ideas?

Cheers,
Slymo
WHOA weird.

mine did this the other day.

and i got a flat battery on sunday. assuming from that light staying on 24/7. jumped the car- then got the battery replaced. i had to enter the code. but the radio came good. but says there are no cd's in the stacker when there are actually 6.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:56 PM   #5
XRLNT-8
Monsoon SIII XR8 220

Hey HLC...

Have u tried taking out all cd's ripping out the fuse, re-entering the code and seeing if that works?

Cheers,
Sly
Old 02-05-2007, 08:58 PM   #6
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRLNT-8
Hey HLC...

Have u tried taking out all cd's ripping out the fuse, re-entering the code and seeing if that works?

Cheers,
Sly
cant get the cd's out at all. it claims that there are none in there.

i jsut have to go back to ford and get it replaced under extended warranty. but im too damn lazy.