Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 13-05-2007, 03:22 PM   #31
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks mate, just wanting to make sure i don't get stooged. Its proving quite a bit more difficult than i thought to find a nice manual XR8. There are a few 200kW versions about with nice features. I guess i am going to have to set my sights a bit lower!
ClassicAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2007, 06:55 PM   #32
b2tf
not here much anymore

April 2001 Im sure.
Old 13-05-2007, 07:01 PM   #33
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicAU
Thanks mate, just wanting to make sure i don't get stooged. Its proving quite a bit more difficult than i thought to find a nice manual XR8. There are a few 200kW versions about with nice features. I guess i am going to have to set my sights a bit lower!
gezzz, nice way to make us 200kw owner's happy, lol., it was April/May 2001 that they 220 was released, as I bought my 200kw in March off that yr, just 3 weeks before the 220 was announced, and you don't think I was happy,lol.
galaxy xr8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2007, 07:01 PM   #34
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
There's a silver one up here in Ballarat for sale atm, looks good is a 220 and is manual. Asking 18k.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2007, 07:55 PM   #35
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
gezzz, nice way to make us 200kw owner's happy, lol., it was April/May 2001 that they 220 was released, as I bought my 200kw in March off that yr, just 3 weeks before the 220 was announced, and you don't think I was happy,lol.
Sorry mate, i didn't mean it like that! I have nothing against the 200kW motor, i'm sure they fly! I would buy one for the right price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXR347
There's a silver one up here in Ballarat for sale atm, looks good is a 220 and is manual. Asking 18k.
Thanks for the tip mate. $18k seems a little high, it would have to be in really good nick and be fully optioned for that much i would say. If its still around by the time i have sold mine i would still have a look.
Old 13-05-2007, 08:10 PM   #36
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Sorry mate, i didn't mean it like that! I have nothing against the 200kW motor, i'm sure they fly! I would buy one for the right price.

Thanks for the tip mate. $18k seems a little high, it would have to be in really good nick and be fully optioned for that much i would say. If its still around by the time i have sold mine i would still have a look.
LoL, I knew what you meant, don't worry, but that 220/manual in Silver for 18k sounds like a good price to me, as long as it is a nice vehicle when viewing, just remember there arn't alot off manuals around and at that price the seller has probably allowed for a little bit off haggling, If I was you and was seriously looking for one, I'd have a look asap, otherwise , you snooze you loose.
galaxy xr8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2007, 08:27 PM   #37
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
LoL, I knew what you meant, don't worry, but that 220/manual in Silver for 18k sounds like a good price to me, as long as it is a nice vehicle when viewing, just remember there arn't alot off manuals around and at that price the seller has probably allowed for a little bit off haggling, If I was you and was seriously looking for one, I'd have a look asap, otherwise , you snooze you loose.

The only reason i say that is when having a look on carsales.com.au the Red Book valuation for a 2001 AUII XR8 220kW manual is $15,000 private sale. But if it had leather and premium sound it would obviously be worth a bit more.
Doesn't matter, as i need to sell my car first before i can buy one anyway.
Old 13-05-2007, 09:05 PM   #38
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
The only reason i say that is when having a look on carsales.com.au the Red Book valuation for a 2001 AUII XR8 220kW manual is $15,000 private sale. But if it had leather and premium sound it would obviously be worth a bit more.
Doesn't matter, as i need to sell my car first before i can buy one anyway.
Redbook means absolutely nothing as they haven't got the slightest clue on what cars are worth in the real world. You will not find a manual 220 for 15k with less than 100k, you'd be really struggling to find an auto for near 15k. Manual 220's are a good buy if you can find them for under 20k.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post