Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 14-05-2007, 09:39 AM   #1
AUIIForte

Default Radio/Cd player arn't working :(

Hay guys and gals!

Before, I had a problem with my CD player, where it would spit out most Cd's as if the CD was faulty and couldn't read it. But now, my whole system doesn't even work. One day I just turned my car on and the whole thing was off. So I thought I may have turned it off previously, but then I see the switch is 'ON'. Ive been playing around with it, and the whole Radio/CD player just doesn't want to work.

Has this happened to anybody else with the AU? Maybe you could help me out : :P

Just if anybody has any suggestions as to what might be wrong, or help me get on the right track to fixing this problem, it would all be appreciated!

AUIIForte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2007, 10:51 AM   #2
james22
With da Warlords

Check your fuses, that would be a good start

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

XR50T Ute - 300rwkw (give or take depending on the day)
james22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2007, 01:42 PM   #3
AUIIForte

Hmmm, i've read up on the documents they have here as I was wanting to take the whole system out and see if everything is connected properly, but its so dang hard to pull out. And about the fuses, would you be able to be specific as to which fuses? :P
Old 14-05-2007, 01:53 PM   #4
james22
With da Warlords

Check the fuse in your interior fuse box near your right hand knee, when sitting in your car.

If you look in the Car users handbook, it will have a diagram of the fuses and what they relate too. Find the one that refers to your radio and check to see if its blown.

They can be a little tough to remove, so a pair of needle nose pliers is handy. Don't be afraid, they take some effort to pull out but you won't break it

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

XR50T Ute - 300rwkw (give or take depending on the day)
james22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2007, 02:37 PM   #5
AUIIForte

If it is blown, where can I get another one?
Old 14-05-2007, 02:44 PM   #6
b2tf
not here much anymore

any auto parts store will have the fuses, from memory there are a couple of spare ones in the fuse panel anyway.