Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 14-05-2007, 05:14 PM   #1
chrispie123
Banned

Default door lock fix

had a recent time with replacing central locking mechanisms in my car one happing on saturday and had to park it in a bad area, anyway i was just stuffing round thinking whats the worst could happen its broken anyway,

what i done was pulled it apart and found the white shaft to be split from the cog, i heated up an allen key and shoved it in the middle of the 2 melting in the L part into the gog so it wouldnt spin, and not effecting the teeth or spline, then i added some plastic to the shaft and smoothed it down so the cog would still spin freely and function. assembled it all back together and worked fine testing it for 100's of times lol so that was problem 1 fixed,

later on in the day my brother walks up to car and back passenger wasnt locking, pulled it apart and cog was ok, tested motor and found it to be partially seized, pulled it apart the same as you would a lot car motor, cleaned it out and put it onto a direct 12volt source and let it spin freely for a few minutes, reassembled back into car and away it went working fine,

all up according to pricing of new locks a day of stuffing round in the shed and about 300 dollars saved

chrispie123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2007, 06:20 PM   #2
DOHC-DJ

yer i do something similar, drill a small hole through the worm drive and reglue with a two part epoxy. reassemble and good as new.

there was a thread somewhere on here but im too lazy to find it
DOHC-DJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post