Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 16-05-2007, 09:11 PM   #1
Keith61
Starter Motor

Default Engine check light ?

Hi all

I have a 2000 Au xl tray that I have just got and there is no book with it (have been looking for one )

I am asking if there is a engine check light on the Au as I cant find one

When I turn it on the
Oil, battery, Temp, low fuel, Handbrake if on and door a jar if open

Air bag and Seat belt light comes on then off

As I start the car the ! light comes on then off once started

There seam to be some fuse and a relay missing from the fuse inside the car But they could be for extras that are not on this car

Havent checked the other fuse box let was waiting till I had a book

Does anyone know if there is a download of a service book for the au

Thanks Keith

Keith61 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2007, 11:25 PM   #2
AUXRVIII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey there, welcome to the forums.
No check engine light on AU. It's normal to have vacant slots in the fuse panel, same panel is used for all Falcon models and fuses are fitted where required.
AUXRVIII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2007, 11:30 PM   #3
Keith61
Starter Motor

Ok all my others EFI cars had one ,So How does it tell you if there is somethink wrong

thanks Keith
Old 16-05-2007, 11:39 PM   #4
AUXRVIII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Generally the Falcon EFI system is very basic, no EGR setup etc, so not much can have an effect on emissions. The engine light is usually in place for emission reasons.
AUXRVIII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2007, 01:24 AM   #5
Keith61
Starter Motor

ok but they still have o2 and map sensors ?. surely they would have a warning system or is it like the Honda's PGM F1 that has a flashing led on the unit it self and you just look up the code

Or that you cant tell till you pug in a computer .
Old 17-05-2007, 01:31 AM   #6
Keith61
Starter Motor

Ps I did notice the lack of a lot of vacum hose's didnt put 2 and 2 together till you said thort it was mainly due to it being a inline 6 in sted of a V

Thanks keith
Old 18-05-2007, 09:05 AM   #7
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

There are other systems in place .... for airbag system for instance ... if there is a fault with it ... it will flash the cluster light for a code (3 times in succession and then stay on).

I guess the only real way of tell if there is a fault is if the car runs a bit off ... uses a lot of fuel (more than normal) .... or just doesn't start I guess. You can get this checked by Ford ... or by another mechanic who as access to a Scantol that can plug into the Ford diagnostic plug (located in the incabin fuse compartment on the right).
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2007, 09:12 AM   #8
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Heres a manual for you, this might help:

http://members.optusnet.com.au/petav...box_Manual.zip

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2007, 11:55 PM   #9
Keith61
Starter Motor

Yes that manual was most helpful thankyou
Old 19-05-2007, 12:06 AM   #10
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Thanks for the link Casper ... even though i have a book already ... it's good to have online.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post