Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-06-2007, 04:34 PM   #61
King Nothing
He has, the Knack..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
• On Tuesday 15 August an 18-year-old suspended probationary driver from Epping allegedly performed a six-metre burnout in the Victoria Police impoundment warehouse when retrieving his car, which had been impounded for a separate hoon offence performed by a friend. The vehicle will now be impounded for a second time. The owner will be summonsed to court, expected to face charges of improper use of a motor vehicle and driving whilst suspended.
Talk about red rag to a bull. Imagine the look on the copper's faces! Moron, what did he think would happen?

Workhorse, stock as a rock

2004 BA MKI Futura - Now the wife's

For Show: 18" Kaotic Shadow Chrome, King SL all round, Cadence Amp, Kenwood 12" Sub, JL Audio 5x7's, Scuff Plates, MP3 Connector

For Go: SVI LPG, K&N Filter, F6 CAI, XR6T snorkle, XR8 catback, Magnaflow metal cat, Pacemaker headers, Underdrive, Thermostat, Custom tune, DBA4000

Now with baby seat and toys

175.6 rwkw

www.bseries.com.au/King_Nothing
King Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2007, 04:35 PM   #62
goldberg

sorry guys again its true even on the race track thay have the right to get u for hoon laws because rick and me a fight it . i got a letter from police and councils ok rick and me a not lying it true you do burnouts on a tracks or like i do it on my farm and they gave me a warning next time they said they take the car of me private or not its under hoon laws ring spingvale police its true , its rubbish but its true
goldberg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2007, 04:36 PM   #63
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Idiots, are idiots too me.

I couldn't give a flying ******* if there was a nationwide statistic, saying there a 10,000 Commodore idiots to every 100 Falcon idiots, because fact is idiots will drive anything they get their hands on.

Unfortunately in this day in age, people are like sheep, and will follow the majority. Funny how most people that accuse Commodore drivers for being idiots, usually are no better. Talking about the ******* who rave on how mad they are, because they can blow away 10 SS Commodores at a set of traffic lights. Hypocrites??? yes.

It also frustrates me to buggery how they play the innocent little angel role too.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2007, 04:40 PM   #64
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
Idiots, are idiots too me.

I couldn't give a flying ******* if there was a nationwide statistic, saying there a 10,000 Commodore idiots to every 100 Falcon idiots, because fact is idiots will drive anything they get their hands on.

Unfortunately in this day in age, people are like sheep, and will follow the majority. Funny how most people that accuse Commodore drivers for being idiots, usually are no better. Talking about the ******* who rave on how mad they are, because they can blow away 10 SS Commodores at a set of traffic lights. Hypocrites??? yes.

It also frustrates me to buggery how they play the innocent little angel role too.
What on earth are you talking about??? :

Old 25-06-2007, 04:41 PM   #65
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
What on earth are you talking about??? :
Reffering to the first 2 pages of this thread.

Oh the part about the 10 SS Commodores, wasn't directed at anyone in particular, but I guess if anyone arks up, or takes offence, maybe they could be one of the people I'm talking about.
Old 25-06-2007, 04:45 PM   #66
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
Reffering to the first 2 pages of this thread.
What? you dislike the fact that statistically the commodore is the overwelming "car of choice" for idiots? and that people have highlighted that fact?

Old 25-06-2007, 04:56 PM   #67
goldberg

hi again guys just rang the police spingvale then dandenong its sorry they can private land or not they can if they want to you a welcome to ring them as for road traffic police or tog .
Old 25-06-2007, 04:57 PM   #68
goldberg

hi again guys just rang the police spingvale then dandenong its true sorry they can private land or not they can if they want to you a welcome to ring them ask for road traffic police or togs .
Old 25-06-2007, 05:03 PM   #69
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
What? you dislike the fact that statistically the commodore is the overwelming "car of choice" for idiots? and that people have highlighted that fact?
No I dislike the fact, that people can't see it's not the car, it's the person behind the wheel.

I don't live by what statistics say. Never have, and never will. Personally I think it comes down from experience.

Where I live, I can't exactly say that Commodore drivers are the worst of the lot, especially with the variety of modified cars around here.

They are all as bad as one another at the end of the day. Would you rather say one idiot is right to do what ever the hell they want, over a idiot in a Commodore?
Old 25-06-2007, 05:14 PM   #70
BA_Turbs
Allan Smithee

Quote:
• On Tuesday 15 August an 18-year-old suspended probationary driver from Epping allegedly performed a six-metre burnout in the Victoria Police impoundment warehouse when retrieving his car, which had been impounded for a separate hoon offence performed by a friend. The vehicle will now be impounded for a second time. The owner will be summonsed to court, expected to face charges of improper use of a motor vehicle and driving whilst suspended.

Id say the Police impound warehouse is not a freeway and would be considered private property i would have thought, yet said idiot got his car imponded a second time for his actions...
Ok, this will be my last post in this thread, I promise!

The carpark of the impound is a 'Highway' under the Road Safety Act, 1986. A highway is defined as a 'road or road related area'. This does include carparks and driveways or businesses. It does NOT include driveways and yards (or paddocks) on private land. It would include the 'cross-over' on a private driveway. This is the reason the police were able to impound his car, it is a 'road related area'.

The hoon legislation only applies to a 'Highway'.

Goldberg, either you spoke to the wrong police person at both police stations, or you are trying to further your cause. I don't know which it is, but your information is incorrect. Cars can't be seized under hoon legislation because of a burn-out done on private property.

I have confirmed this with my best mate who is a traffic copper and works covering an area known nation wide as attracting 'hoons'. He's done the course that they need to do to seize cars and actually seized several cars. He double checked the information he gave me against the book they gave him when he did the course.

This thread started about a car being seized in a paddock in Victoria. The correct answer is it can't happen under the hoon legislation. I have no idea what can and can't happen in other states.
BA_Turbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post