Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 26-06-2007, 12:02 PM   #1
shepherdfte
It's all in the curves

Default Courier Service Recommendations

Hi all,

If you wanted to get something bulky (in this case 4 wheels/tyres for my EB) moved Brisbane to NSW, who would you go to? New to Oz you see, and don't knwo the good from the bad and ugly!

cheers,

Andy

shepherdfte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2007, 01:06 PM   #2
LTDHO
The one and only

Try Border express. I heard they are good for interstate.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2007, 01:42 PM   #3
shepherdfte
It's all in the curves

Thanks will do! Any more guys?
Old 26-06-2007, 02:36 PM   #4
rst2000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherdfte
Thanks will do! Any more guys?
which end are you at? i can help as i work in the freighting industry.just send me a p/m with the details & i will get a costing for you.

cheers andrew
rst2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2007, 03:46 PM   #5
Miller
It's Millertime!

TNT was fantastic, shipped my EF from Perth to Sydney for $660 and it arrived in perfect condition.
Old 27-06-2007, 09:48 AM   #6
oneredED
need more boost

Fastway Couriers and Transport or something like that... AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!

T_Terror had a $4000+ gearbox (Getrag 6-speed) go "missing". First phone call they said it had been delivered and signed for, and there's nothing they could do. Second phone call they said it hadn't been delivered, but they didnt know where it was. Third phone call T_Terror irately informed the "manager" that he would be pursuing the matter legally unless they found the box in 24 hours... 5 minutes later they called back and said "yeah, we've found your gearbox in the warehouse, it'll be around tomorrow". They brought it around and when we looked at the paperwork, someone HAD signed for it, yet the package hadn't been delivered...

There were other incidents (relating to the courier company) at the location it was shipped from that led us to believe this "misplacement" was not accidental in the slightest.
Stops due to: bendix, DBA
Shifter connected to: T5 manual
Power from: ???
Interior: velour and woodgrain
Cost: stuff all :P
oneredED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 09:51 AM   #7
El Venom
normality is boring
Donating Member1

hey man i just sent 5 17 inch wheels with tyres to victoria with Smart Send and it cost $100.68 and took 2-3 business days for it ti get to vic. The onley problem is you book online and need a credit card and a printer but other then that they are very good
El Venom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 02:52 PM   #8
Mickus
Banned

Hey im also looking at getting some stuff sent to me, it is an ED XR bootlid + garnish and lights, its in Wy Yung which is near lakes entrance and I am in Bendigo, so like a 5 hour drive, any recommendations??
Mickus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 06:45 PM   #9
mark_TD
XR6 Turbo FTW

I used to work at Border express in the office and as Wayne said they are pretty good with their service between states and they do pickups the same day as long as you call them before 1pm or you could drop them off to the Brisbane depot to save time. This is how they work, the do the pick the day you request then it will travell same night to which eva state you want it too. In your case it would take overnight to get to NSW but you wouldnt see it for 2 days
Blueprint, 19" FG2 XR6 Luxo Rims, Momo Steering Wheel, XR8 Bonnet Buldge, Full Leather, 3.7 Typhoon Diff Gears, Force Lip Spoiler, De-badged, Ghia Boot Garnish, Pedders Adjustable Coil- Overs And Camber Kit

96 EL XR6 - (Daily)
Gunmetal Grey, 19" Typhoon Copies, Tickford Body Kit, Pedders Sports Ryders With Shortened Shocks And Camber Kit, Full S/S Difilipo Exhaust With Matching Extractors

mark_TD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 10:28 AM   #10
shepherdfte
It's all in the curves

Guys excellent stuff thanks - and PM sent to rst2000