Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 29-06-2007, 06:53 PM   #1
LOW_XR
460hp + manual = fun

Default Eb-el Steering Wheels

hey guys i was thinking of putting a ef/el ghia or ltd or el gt steering wheel on my car.one with the wood on it. ive got a eb 11 and want to know if it will simply fit on my old steering column or if ive got to change it all to a ef el one.wondering how it would look also as ive got wood inserts on doors and im making up a set of ef ghia door trims to replace them.thanx guys.

BA XR6 turbo, blood orange, 6 speed , mal wood option 3+ clutch, fg gt style 19's , xr8 bonnet, no spoiler , de-badged , sunroof , leather , premo, fpv wheel, plazmaman 1100hp cooler, plazmaman hot + cold side piping and intake, x force exhaust, 460 rwhp and more....
LOW_XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2007, 07:02 PM   #2
-jjM-
Banned

gday fella

as far as i know, a few people have tryed this, and a few things have to be changed
the steering coloum has to be changed to an ef/el one as well as the steering rack, 3 or 4 members, on being Madnc_8 and Rmyerz, pm them if you anymore questions
-jjM- is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2007, 01:38 AM   #3
yahoo189

Could you try (and its a long shot) machining the old boss out of the EB and Machining it back into the new wheel. I know it sounds stupid but they are roughly the same size aren't they?
Old 30-06-2007, 09:10 PM   #4
fordzatmyplace
B Series XR8 Pilot

although i haven't tried it myself, i beleive that if you fit a EB universal joint to a EF steering colum then it will simply just bolt straight up and allow you to retain the original steering rack.

WANTED EB-EL V8!!
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11242992
fordzatmyplace is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post