Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 16-07-2007, 06:03 PM   #1
Futura01
horsepower

Default Anyone running territory brakes???

I am due for a brake upgrade and was reading the sticky regarding the terri brakes onto an au2 sedan!!!
The problem is i went to the a local wrecker for the front terri rotor's and calipers and he said they wouldnt fit my au2 sedan ??
so i was just wondering who here has done the conversion and how much should i be paying for second hand rotors and calipers ???

and lastly is the braking diffrence alot better ??

thanks in advance
Futura

Futura01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2007, 07:19 PM   #2
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futura01
I am due for a brake upgrade and was reading the sticky regarding the terri brakes onto an au2 sedan!!!
The problem is i went to the a local wrecker for the front terri rotor's and calipers and he said they wouldnt fit my au2 sedan ??
so i was just wondering who here has done the conversion and how much should i be paying for second hand rotors and calipers ???

and lastly is the braking diffrence alot better ??

thanks in advance
Futura
Can't tell you about the results, but apparently they do fit, but mounts and lines may need to be changed. There isn't alot of concrete info out there, even from suppliers.

The calipers are about $600-$700 a pair new.
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2007, 07:57 PM   #3
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Yes they will fit. Genebaby upgraded his BA XR8 discs and callipers to Territory ones, so we know they fit a BA.

I upgraded my AU1 suspension (front) to AU2 spec, and essentially fitted Genebaby's old discs and callipers. So we know stock BA brakes fit an AU2. Therefore, Terry brakes will also fit an AU2.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 16-07-2007, 08:14 PM   #4
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Yes they will fit. Genebaby upgraded his BA XR8 discs and callipers to Territory ones, so we know they fit a BA.

I upgraded my AU1 suspension (front) to AU2 spec, and essentially fitted Genebaby's old discs and callipers. So we know stock BA brakes fit an AU2. Therefore, Terry brakes will also fit an AU2.
Good stuff. Discs definitely go on, but I've been receiving conflicting information regarding the calipers - some say they bolt straight on, others say you need to swap to the territory caliper mounts and hoses.

Would be nice to just know for sure!
Old 16-07-2007, 08:23 PM   #5
Futura01
horsepower

Private i agree with you there !! too much conflicting info regarding the upgrade maybe it's just better to do the ferntree gully upgrade or std ba one ??
Futura01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2007, 08:39 PM   #6
Oo_xrsx_oO
t i c k f o r d

For the difference you may as well go the FTG BF XR8 upgrade, at least we know these are a direct bolt on. From what I have read they make a hell of a difference from stock AUII/III brakes. I know I will be in a few weeks, it's only my pads that are due but good enough excuse for me to upgrade

Liquid Silver / Manual / Leather / Momo Wheel & Shifter / Premium Sound / Lovells Superlows / Koni Reds / T3 Pursuit Rims / Pacemaker 4499s / 2.5 Inch Exhaust
Oo_xrsx_oO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2007, 09:04 PM   #7
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oo_xrsx_oO
For the difference you may as well go the FTG BF XR8 upgrade, at least we know these are a direct bolt on. From what I have read they make a hell of a difference from stock AUII/III brakes. I know I will be in a few weeks, it's only my pads that are due but good enough excuse for me to upgrade
BF XR8 brakes = Territory Brakes.
Old 16-07-2007, 09:28 PM   #8
Oo_xrsx_oO
t i c k f o r d

Quote:
Originally Posted by bt2f
BF XR8 brakes = Territory Brakes.
Ok, my bad.

Interesting because in the brake sticky there is no mention of people having trouble with the FTG upgrade as far as fitting to an AUII onwards

Liquid Silver / Manual / Leather / Momo Wheel & Shifter / Premium Sound / Lovells Superlows / Koni Reds / T3 Pursuit Rims / Pacemaker 4499s / 2.5 Inch Exhaust
Oo_xrsx_oO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2007, 09:47 PM   #9
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They fit AU2 models and onwards as i have a set on my AU2 ute, bolted straight on, no mods what so ever.
philstoj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2007, 10:18 PM   #10
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

The FTG upgrade are Territory brakes. They supply everything in a nice neat package so they go straight on!
Old 16-07-2007, 10:19 PM   #11
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by philstoj
They fit AU2 models and onwards as i have a set on my AU2 ute, bolted straight on, no mods what so ever.
How did you find them as an upgrade? Much of a difference?
Old 16-07-2007, 10:40 PM   #12
HLC
Audi S3

i got BA brakes front and rear on my AU2.

i didnt really notice a difference aside from rotors that arnt warped. :

the front discs were marginally bigger and the front calipers were a fair bit bigger.

you would notice a difference with the terry brakes.

straight bolt up.
Old 16-07-2007, 11:14 PM   #13
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by private9
How did you find them as an upgrade? Much of a difference?
Huge difference over the crappy strock brakes, definatly worth the upgrade.

If they can haul a heavy lard like the territory down, how could they not be good for AU.
philstoj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post