Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-07-2007, 10:37 AM   #91
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
Studys have shown that it would not make the slightest of difference, and that the restractions are just a useless bandaid for the state govenements who don't actually want to do anything but make it look like they are trying.
Where on earth do you come up with these statements?

Old 14-07-2007, 10:59 AM   #92
HOON69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_hotxr6
For goodness sake, OBEY the rules/laws and you will not get hassled by the cops. Real simple.. :
this statement is as BS as anyone making excuses for hooning

since when do police not target the average joe and still give em a raping?

im all for both sides,i know the cops are doing their job and i know everyone hoons once in a while,i just think that the laws are BS

i can play my music in my house at extreme volumes and only be warned to turn it down(or be fined by the authorities for noise) but if i jump in my car i risk losing it for the sake of abit of music,and btw the law is if they can hear it outside the car with windows up then its too loud,in my opinion thats just absolutely crap and any cops who uses that law is well (no comment) :

zero tolerance is cap and the discretion of officers is being squeezed all due to goverment using bs stats to enforce new laws etc

soon enough we'll be driving prius etc if you caught doing burnouts excessive speed or racing of any kind (trials included) then you deserve what you get,but for a tiny rev or abit of music Pfffft what a joke
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2007, 02:56 PM   #93
robbo_yobbo
Kick out tha Jams

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8Master
I was out cruizing the other night (doing nothing wrong) and a cop car followed me down the esplanade for a few minutes before deciding to pull me over

long story short, 2 cop cars surrounded me while 3 cops went over my entire car with a fine tooth comb

ended up with 2 tickets and a defect notice

1. driving defected car
2.Label not attached in accordance with regulation

defect:
Crack in windscreen
Secure Battery properly
Pod filter
Clean engine bay and powersteering pump

28 days to comply

now tell me this isnt targeting P platers ?
I feel your pain! too many trivial incidents to count on both hands.
one cop and set of p plates to blame.
Old 15-07-2007, 10:31 AM   #94
bingoTE50
Steve

I think we need to give the youth a bit of a break. I'm 44 and was once a P plater , I did some stupid things and lived to tell the tale . Unfortunately the roads are killing fields for a lot of our younger generation . The new laws kicking in for high powered vehicles to me are ludicrous .You can be killed at 60kph ... or less depending on the impact . Education and training is needed . Advance driver training needs to be introduced in the process . I have done Ian Luffs Motivation Course 1 & 2 in Sydney ,and learnt a lot , and I had been driving for 22 years at that stage.
I enjoy giving my car a bit of squirt ,and I play my music loud ,but I do not consider myself a hoon or anti social . As for P platers being picked on , in QLD we have no annual inspections for registrations ,and in Vic is that the same ?? Maybe this is why they look for defects ,I don,t know . But P platers will be a target and I was a target when I was one . It is a emotional issue for the public seeing young people slaughtered on the road , I am worried for my kids ,hoping they will make correct decisions in their driving life , but they will be educated and will experience advanced driver training,and hopefully I will not have to put them in a coffin .
bingoTE50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2007, 08:37 PM   #95
gazza750
token import owner

everyone including our government should learn the true definition of " HOON " in the english language
then no ones car could get taken off them
the legal definition of a " HOON " is a procurer of prostitutes
gazza750 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2007, 08:48 PM   #96
XR8Master

Maybe the governemnt has a different dictionary ? there's say:

1. A person in a bling bling car or VN who sits in maccas playing pop cultured audio music
XR8Master is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2007, 09:42 PM   #97
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Where on earth do you come up with these statements?
Usually from the facts that most government/media outlets ignor.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2007, 10:15 PM   #98
XR8Master

Falcon Coupe: why do you continuously delete my posts? I have said nothing offensive or wrong in here, what is the go ?
Old 23-07-2007, 10:21 PM   #99
samftr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U

Incident 2 - Same friend driving along gets pulled up, cop says you have a BOV (He didn't.) cop couldn't find it, calls in other units, they couldn't find it call in more units he ended up with 5-6 officers looking for something that wasn't there, and was help up for over an hour after doing close at work for doing nothing wrong.

They were going to call in a unit that could measure how loud his exhaust was but once again, my friend dropped his mums name and they lleft him alone.

I understand they have to do their job, but waiting over an hour with 6 officers around your car is just rubbish.
This is something that is a bit off, 6 officers 1 hour for the lot. there were a lot of other more important policing matters that could have been attended to I'm sure.

I think a major problem on our roads is road rage, tailgaiting and traffic weaving driver Arrogance not knowing how to merge at speed etc... I have nearly been rear ended by an older woman, who was sitting right up my backside, so I gave clearer instructions on what I was doing, and she still had to lock up her brakes on her car.
not once but twice.. I though gawd she wants to make towbar babies hehe..
AH well.. I used to get pulled over in my grandfathers old mazda ute when I was driving around in it. If I even saw a police car, going the other way, it would sure enough be right behind me with the lights blaring within the next few minutes for an RBT and a licence check etc.. Granted I liked that attention, as I never really had a drama with seeing drunken drivers on Townsville roads

Felcen!
samftr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2007, 10:30 PM   #100
XR8-260
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
For goodness sake, OBEY the rules/laws and you will not get hassled by the cops. Real simple.. :
Totally agree. I'm 19 and just off my P plates. I drive a high powered car and respect the law. In my 2yrs and 4 months of driving, I have never been hassled by the cops. I've also never had a speeding fine or any other infringement, except those damn uni parking fines. Obey the rules and you'll be fine .
XR8-260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2007, 10:36 PM   #101
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3
Totally agree. I'm 19 and just off my P plates. I drive a high powered car and respect the law. In my 2yrs and 4 months of driving, I have never been hassled by the cops. I've also never had a speeding fine or any other infringement, except those damn uni parking fines. Obey the rules and you'll be fine .
Yes, thankyou, it really isnt that hard to avoid trouble is it...

Old 23-07-2007, 10:40 PM   #102
jcxr
Tribal Elder

HA HA, IM just waiting to be pinged, im nearly 60 drive an xr6t like all get during theday job, and on the weekend,its ring the neck out of my 67 xr 351. Oh yeh, all on the track OK. Will be lots of laughs if I get HOONED.
jcxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2007, 06:22 PM   #103
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3
I found the police in WA to be much nicer than the ones i have had experience with in Victoria.

Although you are right, don't drive like a Idiot around town and they won't even notice you.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2007, 07:17 PM   #104
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Don't quite agree with that. P plater's in particular it seems, often get followed by cops and get picked up on the smallest things such as stop signs and indicator times.
Now, P plater's have a stereotype of all of them being hoons, which I can see why (though the vast majority AREN'T), but it's when you're targeted for stupid reasons that it gets out of hand.

For instance, we have a stop sign near my house that I have never seen ANYONE stop at unless there's oncoming traffic. There's no need, you can see up and down the street 100+ meters (it's a side road so no fast cars) each way. My parents haven't stop there, grandma's don't stop there, i've even followed a marked police car that didn't stop there. Yet about 3 weeks ago I was in my mates HQ 1 tonner (who was driving absolutely normal, no 'hoon' behaviour) and when we went passed the stop sign, an unmarked cop that had been driving behind us pulled him over and gave him a fine (the person in front of us wasn't on P's had gone through the same way).

It's just the things like that, which get on my nerves. I personally haven't been pulled over by cops but I drive like a 'hoon' (in todays terms) more than my friends, who have been fined/pulled over for things such as not indicating 5 times, not stopping at said stop sign, rims that are 1 inch too big (on an XY), entering a slip lane a few meters too early etc etc.

Sure, technically they were doing something illegal but who doesn't do those things. It's makes you feel like you're living in a big brother society really. And the tighter the State tries to grip the 'hoons' with these laws the more will slip through and rebel just for the sake of it, giving 'innocent' P platers a bad name at the same time.

It's not the right way to lessen the behaviour to the biggest possible extent and I think more people need to get off their (including me) and do something about the injustice and hypocrisy these laws (and others like them, such as speed camera's and their placement) create.

How many more laws do they need to create before people realise it's not 'illegal' behaviour, it's revenue and uneducated decisions.
Holden made the decision to make thier utes for pretty boys years ago. Wannabe tradesman drive them. If my son came home and told me he bought a holden ute I would struggle to come to grips with the fact he is a homosexual.
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2007, 07:30 PM   #105
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
That's pretty harsh.
It sounds like they were targeting someone they have a history with.
They seem to love going over P plater cars for the tinniest of things. My dad was pulled over in his '69 XT ute, it's a 351 and pretty noisy. It also wasn't really roadworthy. It didn't have both door cards in, crack in the windscreen and a couple other little things that the cops didn't see. But he was pulled over just so the cops could check out the car! They even discussed the door cards with him and dad just told them it was his project about to be finished (which is was).

A friend of mine in an XF however (P plater) was just putting electric windows in and needed a couple little bits, was followed into autobahn (it's a nice looking car, though nothing illegal) and the cops told him he didn't indicate 5 times before going into the slip lane, so they then proceeded to search through all his car and ended up giving him a fine for the not indicating and having the electric switches sitting in place with one/no screws and door cards not on properly.

Go figure.

My car has also being searched twice whilst parked (once on schoolies). I assume because it has P's and it and it's a panelvan.. So you know, I must have drugs and other goodies in there :togo:
Holden made the decision to make thier utes for pretty boys years ago. Wannabe tradesman drive them. If my son came home and told me he bought a holden ute I would struggle to come to grips with the fact he is a homosexual.
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2007, 05:27 PM   #106
XR8Master

Cops have a minimum number of people they have to pull over every year, and I bet there is a requirement for the minimum amout of infringments you have to produce each year as well.

How many of you P platers have had your car riped apart in search for drugs and had to stand off the side of the road while everyone passing by watches you get a body search, getting the million and one questions from, "whats your occupation" to "why the hell are you driving and where are you driving to". its just BS and im sick of it
Old 25-07-2007, 05:49 PM   #107
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Falcon Coupe: why do you continuously delete my posts? I have said nothing offensive or wrong in here, what is the go ?

The speeds you claim to reach in you're cars are illegal and irresponsible.
And before you claim it was done on a racetrack, remember many of us know quite well what speeds these cars are capable of on a track.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2007, 06:00 PM   #108
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Cops have a minimum number of people they have to pull over every year, and I bet there is a requirement for the minimum amout of infringments you have to produce each year as well.
RUBBISH

Old 25-07-2007, 06:16 PM   #109
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What I don't get is how can a simple traffic violation be used as an opportunity to search ones car from what some are saying? :

Sounds like something you'd see on COPS.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2007, 08:07 PM   #110
XR8Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
The speeds you claim to reach in you're cars are illegal and irresponsible.
And before you claim it was done on a racetrack, remember many of us know quite well what speeds these cars are capable of on a track.
Not long ago in NT there used to be a non restricted speed limit.

Not that it is of anyones business, members of my family happen to own thousands of acres of property so to blindly assume that those quoted speeds are from a government owned road is wrong.