Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: The I6 is to go, will this make you look away fromat other options for your new car?
Yes, if the Falcon is going to have a V6, then the VE and 380 will be looked at 80 27.03%
No, the Falcon's will still be a good choice - a large car with decent kw and low $$ 216 72.97%
Voters: 296. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-08-2007, 11:34 PM   #151
GUNEF
GUNEF

so people are saying that if ford changes their engine to a V6 you are going to look at buying holdens and 380s. you make me sick. it will still be a ford and just as good and the old ones if not better. remember ford people arnt stupid they will want to sell them. when have ford ever maded a newer car less powerful than the one before. i damit at first when i heard about it i didn't like the idea as well. isnt the barra a truck engine any way and look how good that is. remember back to 2002 imagine what someone would say if they where going to put a truck engine in your car. but look at it now. GO THE F6s
GUNEF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2007, 11:38 PM   #152
steamin63
old skool

imagine this.
ford australia drops a bombshell, because of ECONOMIC REASONS the boss motor is to be replaced with a new chev v8 clone.
1 it's a better motor [according some automotive 'experts']
2 it's cheaper to produce [it will be made in mexico or india]
3 it can be shipped to australia in crates and just 'dropped in'
4 it has wider aftermarket parts availibility
5 it meets all international emmision standards
6 it fits into the global plan
7 trust us ,we know what you want.
sounds stupid ? would never happen ? would you buy one ? would it still be a ford ?
why do you think some people are getting so emotional over this subject. because ford are going to gut the last true australian car.the bf inline 6 falcon is australian designed ,developed and built and thats why so many people buy it and not the other 3. why do you think the xd,xe,xf falcons sold so well during the 80's. because people who had always bought holden belmonts and kingswoods hated the tinny, little, european designed commadore and it took years for holden to get it's market share back.the only upside was that holden v8 sales went up because ford dropped the cleveland and ford didn't regain those customers until the early 90's with the eb2 v8. and don't forget that the holden 3.8 v6 didn't get off to a flying start because it couldn't live up to nissan rb30 [or some would say the 202].
some of you don't care that your billabong t-shirt is made in china or your arnotts biscuits are made from imported ingredients or when you ring telstra you have to speak to an indian. some of you do.
what makes an AUSTRALIAN FORD ? a car built in australia buy australians for australians. or anything on 4 wheels with a blue oval badge ?
falcon v's taurus ?
territory v's explorer ?
whether you agree or not with the decision the fact is this is the end of australia's greatest automotive legacy and some people just won't cop it.
steamin63 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2007, 01:23 AM   #153
Tles
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It seems the global plan is evidence that you can make a nice jumper anywhere but you can't make everyone want to wear it - it must suit the local environment. Hopefully, the Falcon's and Territories of the future are still developed here for our harsh and varied conditions. Maybe for export to South Africa, the Middle East and Asia like Focus will be.
Ford are doing everything they can to say how European the Ford badge is, most of Oz originally came from Europe, I reckon they are better now for being Australians - there'd nothing wrong with Ford promoting just how Australian they are now too.

We still have the I6 for now because it was the best engine for Australia - it has taken a very special V6 too even come close.
Tles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2007, 02:06 AM   #154
GUNEF
GUNEF

maybe so but i want ford to be australian just as much as anybody eles but what im saying is that people are thinking about buying holdens and other cars just because ford is going to change its engine. we sholdent be knocking it before we try it. i'm sorry if i upset a few people but the new car would still be good. remember ford want to sell it.......
GUNEF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post