Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-08-2007, 08:13 AM   #91
unleashed
Starter Motor

looking for a good guy to deal with, geoff dukes used cars sales manager @ penrith mazda. i have purchased three cars from him over the years. mazda 626 & my two current cars au11 xr6 & ba mk11 xr8. and guess what dealership is next to the that i
avoid because you get treated like a tyre kicker, only purchased the xr8 2 weeks ago
2004 mk11 xr8 42,000 klm (for the wife to drive) thats what i told her.
unleashed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2007, 08:45 AM   #92
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Has anybody else here been stalked by dealers?

Recently I was in the market for a new car and the locsl dealer had a AU1 Forte advertised for 10 grand. I took it for a test drive and for some reason the sales rep decided to come along for the ride. Naturally I was a bit iffy about paying 10 grand for an ugly base model car that didn't even have power windows so I told them I would think about it as well as the fact that Ford Credit was shite and wanted a huge deposit. And another thing was that they said 10 grand not negotiable and in the paper it was advertised for 9 grand.

I then made the mistake of giving them my work e-mail and phone and was subsequently told about every base model car that came in they even had the nerve of visiting me at work which I felt was highly inappropriately.

I then ended up driving hundreds of kilometres to buy my Fairmont from another Ford dealer out west and ended up paying as much as the local dealer wanted me to pay for a base model AU and this dealer was very helpful and when I had issues with my car they opened their service department especially for me on a Sunday.

I may be young but I wanted to be treated with respect. I remember another time I was looking at another Ford dealer and the sales rep kept trying to flog me a base model EL. When I said I was more interested in an XR6 he told me that all the XR6 and XR8 were was just a bodykit on a base model and were the same mechanically. !

Seriuosly Ford needs to clean up their act as their service as shite and buying a car is supposed to be a fun experience and if your paying a fortune to have your car serviced you want it done properly.

I don't care if the Falcon has half the power of a Commodore if I'm treated well by the dealer I will be happy.
sleekism is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2007, 11:02 AM   #93
XWGT