Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 14-09-2006, 08:31 PM   #1
alstar5

Default My First Post, I need help!!

Hi There,

Today I purchased a Blue BA Future (Dec 02, 55000kms) of Grays Online. After the initial excitement of purchasing a new car I've come to realise a few things and I need help.

First and foremost, I have just realised the car is unregistered. I thought the rego expiery was DEC - 06, it is however Dec - 05. I am assuming this means I need to get a blueslip.

How much is a blueslip? Where can I get one? Is there anyway to drive my car from the Auction pick up point to the RTA??

Please help.

Alex

Old 14-09-2006, 08:35 PM   #2
nb_351
building the xe...

where you from mate?
i could do you a blueslip cheap...
doesnt cost much at all...
and you can always borrow a trade plate...
Old 14-09-2006, 08:36 PM   #3
alstar5

I'd be picking up in Smithfield, NSW. Near Bankstown
Old 14-09-2006, 08:38 PM   #4
DW260

First and foremost - welcome aboard.

Yes you will need a blue slip, but any new car dealer and some machanic's will be able to help you out. As far as I know, you are able to get temporary registrations from the RTA for situations such as yours.
FPV GS Ute #370/Brembo brakes
Old 14-09-2006, 10:07 PM   #5
BA_Turbs
Allan Smithee

Welcome aboard.

Ring the RTA. You'll get the exact correct answer with no conjecture and be able to organise it. Maybe I'm strange, but that just seems the logical thing to do?
Old 14-09-2006, 11:41 PM   #6
1970galaxie
Fat 460

Can't you purchase a permit for unregoed cars over there?
Here, we get a permit and drive it until the permit runs out of expiry, but it is supposed to be for unregoed cars, so that they can be driven to places for repair and such.
2003 BA XR8 Ute. Blood Orange. 5.4/5 speed.
2006 Territory Turbo. Silhouette. 4.0/6 speed auto.
Old 15-09-2006, 07:51 AM   #7
Ultimate
Pimp Daddy Pimp Pimp

Location: Queensland Events Assistant Co-Ordinator. Fiery's Little Helper

Even if he gets a permit car has to be roadworthy
---------------------------------------------------
AFF Merchandise

Excellent Purchases With: AFF Team, Rooster, Russ
Old 15-09-2006, 08:00 AM   #8
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA_Turbs
Welcome aboard.

Ring the RTA. You'll get the exact correct answer with no conjecture and be able to organise it. Maybe I'm strange, but that just seems the logical thing to do?
That correct. After all they the ones who make the rules.
Old 15-09-2006, 08:14 AM   #9
TheChemist
Starter Motor

you can get a permit that will allow you to drive from point A to point B, but once the car arrives at point b its no longer able to be driven UNLESS its being taken to be registered. At least thats what happened to me when i bought an unregistered car. But then again whilst driving said car to the mechanics i didnt see any police to find out if this was actually the case
Old 16-09-2006, 12:02 AM   #10
alstar5

I rung the RTA today and they said that providing I am driving the car from the place of purchase to the nearest Blue Slip Inspection Point and then to the nearest RTA I do not need any permit. Wow, not the answer I was expecting and rest assured I will certainly check it out with some of my Police friends.

Well, seeing as it's a Friday night and I wasn't invited to any parties tonight I will tell you the full story with the car. I am 16 years old and I've been working hard over the past 2 years for a car, I originally was going to go for a VT Commodore however as time went by my dream changed to that of a BA Falcon. Over the past 2 years my savings have grown and I was planning on buying my car in November this year when I get my P's. Work has been getting more and more boring and yesterday I decided to do something outrageous to lighten up the week, so I went onto Grays Online and purchased this car: http://www.graysonline.com.au/gallery.asp?LOT_ID=913276

Then reality hit and I had realised exactly what I had done, spent all my money on a car I had never seen before. I have to wait until Wednesday to touch, smell and drive my new car but until then, can someone please let me know what features the 2002 Future came with.

What are your thoughts, entertain me on this lonely friday night!!

Cheers,

Alex
Old 16-09-2006, 12:08 AM   #11
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstar5
I rung the RTA today and they said that providing I am driving the car from the place of purchase to the nearest Blue Slip Inspection Point and then to the nearest RTA I do not need any permit. Wow, not the answer I was expecting and rest assured I will certainly check it out with some of my Police friends.

Well, seeing as it's a Friday night and I wasn't invited to any parties tonight I will tell you the full story with the car. I am 16 years old and I've been working hard over the past 2 years for a car, I originally was going to go for a VT Commodore however as time went by my dream changed to that of a BA Falcon. Over the past 2 years my savings have grown and I was planning on buying my car in November this year when I get my P's. Work has been getting more and more boring and yesterday I decided to do something outrageous to lighten up the week, so I went onto Grays Online and purchased this car: http://www.graysonline.com.au/gallery.asp?LOT_ID=913276

Then reality hit and I had realised exactly what I had done, spent all my money on a car I had never seen before. I have to wait until Wednesday to touch, smell and drive my new car but until then, can someone please let me know what features the 2002 Future came with.

What are your thoughts, entertain me on this lonely friday night!!

Cheers,

Alex
I assume you mean Futura. I think you have stepped up in refinement. Going the BA over VT. Buying a car online without seeing it is something I wouldnt do (but at 16 I may have) lucky the internet wasnt around when I was 16. I have a mate that has bought cheap old HQ's without seeing it in person only photo's or email etc. For parts for his HQ race car.

2002 FORD FALCON BA Futura Sedan 4dr SA 4sp 4.0i

Vehicle Details
Standard
Equipment 4 Speaker Stereo, ABS (Antilock Brakes), Adjustable Steering Col. - Tilt & Reach, Air Conditioning, Airbags - Driver & Passenger (Dual), Armrest - Rear Centre (Shared), Body Colour - Bumpers, Body Colour - Fittings, Body Side Mouldings - Colour Coded, Calipers - Front 2 Spot, CD Player, Central Locking - Remote/Keyless, Cruise Control, Disc Brakes Front Ventilated, Disc Brakes Rear Solid, Drive By Wire (Electronic Throttle Control), Electric Seat - Drivers, Engine Immobiliser, Independent Rear Suspension, Intermittent Wipers - Variable, Multi-function Control Screen, Multi-function Steering Wheel, Power Door Mirrors, Power Steering, Power Windows - Front & Rear, Remote Boot/Hatch Release, Remote Fuel Lid Release, Tacho, Trip Computer, Velour Trim
Optional
Equipment Airbags - Side for Front Occupants, Control - Traction, GPS (Satellite Navigation), Limited Slip Diff, Paint - Prestige, Pedals - Power Adjustable, Premium Sound System, Spoiler - Rear, Sunroof - Electric, Suspension - Sports, Tow Pack Class 1
Release Date 20
Body Style SEDAN
Badge Futura
No. Doors 4
Seat Capacity 5
Series BA
ModelCode 18334
VIN Number 6FPAAAJGSW2M#####
Drive Rear Wheel Drive
Transmission 4sp Sports Automatic
Gear Location Floor
Steering Rack and Pinion
Engine Size 3984cc (4.0)
No. Cylinders 6
Engine Configuration In-line
Cam DOHC with VVT
Valves/Cylinder 4
Compression Ratio 10.7:1
Engine Cycle 4 Stroke
Engine Type Piston
Engine Location Front
Engine Number JGSW2M#####
Engine Code Barra 182
Fuel Type Petrol - Unleaded ULP
Fuel Capacity 68L
Fuel Consumption Urban 11.5L/100km
Fuel Consumption Extra Urban 7.2L/100km
Fuel Delivery Multi-Point Injected
Method of Delivery Electronic Sequential
Induction Aspirated
Power 182kW @ 5000rpm
Torque 380Nm @ 3250rpm-3250rpm
Kerb Weight 1644kg
Tare Mass 1644kg
Towing Braked 2300kg
Towing Not Braked 750kg
Wheel Base 2829mm
Length 4916mm
Width 1864mm
Height 1444mm
Track Front 1553mm
Track Rear 1571mm
Country of origin AUSTRALIA

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).

Last edited by MoreHPformyXR6; 16-09-2006 at 12:20 AM.
Old 16-09-2006, 12:18 AM   #12
gtfpv
GT

i think you done a silly thing . next time look 1st . however . assuming the car is ok . you have purchased well . and will get 10 years out of a car like that . for your 1st car thats a beauty, safe , and near new, and very luxurious for a 16 year old . hope the car is ok . if so you'll have many enjoyable years of motoring. cheers . and welcome to the forums .here is the place to know all about your ford .
Old 16-09-2006, 01:26 AM   #13
alstar5

Thanks for your replies. I've realised I have done a silly thing, but then again without risks and silly things life would be pretty boring. The car came with plenty of photos and an NRMA Inspection report. I just can't wait until Wednesday to get some real photos and take it for a drive. I'll make sure I post on here on Wednesday night and let you all know how it went.
Old 16-09-2006, 11:50 AM   #14
GREGXR8
SHOCKWAVE MK11 BA XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970galaxie
Can't you purchase a permit for unregoed cars over there?
Here, we get a permit and drive it until the permit runs out of expiry, but it is supposed to be for unregoed cars, so that they can be driven to places for repair and such.
got an unregistered permit from the rta in syd a couple of years ago to drive an unregistered truck back to melb, just tell them what you need to do with car so you get the proper one
Old 16-09-2006, 01:01 PM   #15
Abacus
Life's a Gas

Congratulations Alstar5 - that is a bloody nice car!!

Geez, and you're only 16. Cripes. I would have killed to have something like that for my first car.

Just one thing - you say you've spent all your money, and you have to pay for rego. There is also one other thing you must pay for - insurance. Don't take a nice car like this on the road without it.

You might have to get it trailered to you home and leave it there until you get the money for rego and insurance together. Don't drive it until you can pay for both.
Old 17-09-2006, 12:44 PM   #16
gcm

Good luck mate - awesome wheels ( kinda like mine!!! :-) ) Personally I'd say drive it to the mechanic and leave it there until its registered. I did the exact same thing with mine (except I saw the car before buying). Despite the fact everyone says you can drive it everywhere unregistered, it comes down to the fact that without any form of insurance - if the worst happens, you're screwed! A few extra hours to get the paperwork in order isn't a big deal in the scheme of things. Patience. And then enjoy! :-)
Old 18-09-2006, 12:47 PM   #17
alstar5

Insurance has just been approved by AAMI. Rego will be put onto the credit card. All is sweet, I just can't wait until Wednesday when I can take it for a drive!!!
Old 25-08-2007, 11:12 AM   #18
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol nice work dude.. i hope that car works out for you, your gonna be saving another 2k for insurance/rego/rego transfer/greenslip/other slips
Old 25-08-2007, 11:54 AM   #19
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

umm..... threadminer!
Old 25-08-2007, 02:18 PM   #20
Desertmouse
Mercury 1978

Location: Will be on the move, going where the grass is greener

hey interceptor,,,i am waiting on a deliver of a mercury v8 auto from the states and i got the same thing from rellies,,,will drink too much fuel. its too big...its left hand drive...oooooh well i am old, i want a luxury car for comfort and if it needs a drink then i wont drink...(dont drink alcohol) so there ya go. if you can afford it then do it.
good luck if ya cant then ya cant go anywhere till next pay.
Old 25-08-2007, 03:48 PM   #21
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
lol nice work dude.. i hope that car works out for you, your gonna be saving another 2k for insurance/rego/rego transfer/greenslip/other slips
THis all comes under "WHAT THE"??????
For one ..... the bloke who bought that car all those years ago hasnt been back since and now proberly has a wife, 3 kids and a dog!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertmouse
hey interceptor,,,i am waiting on a deliver of a mercury v8 auto from the states and i got the same thing from rellies,,,will drink too much fuel. its too big...its left hand drive...oooooh well i am old, i want a luxury car for comfort and if it needs a drink then i wont drink...(dont drink alcohol) so there ya go. if you can afford it then do it.
good luck if ya cant then ya cant go anywhere till next pay.
AND WTF !!!!!

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Closed Thread