Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-09-2007, 11:13 AM   #31
ZC001
Cruisin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUF240
i dunno.....sounds kind of unbelievable....like it would have to bend the driveline and everything to break in the middle....he was probably drunk and talking BS...but who knows, hopefully they fix it lol.
Just like the driveline 'bends' everytime the rear suspension moves up or down ?
ZC001 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2007, 01:34 AM   #32
RspecAU
BA GT-P Owner

I was told a few days ago that the tail lights for a HSV sedan cost $800 each. I don't think the high price tag on parts will only be confined to the ute some how
ON MAXXIS MAV1's 275/45/17 13.27 @ 106mph
RspecAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2007, 06:30 PM   #33
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

If there are more VE write off's, and the car then gets replaced (with the same type - ie. another VE), does that boost the VE new car sales?

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2007, 07:25 PM   #34
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidty
I smelllll BS.

I'm insured with GIO, i pay $832 pa for a manual BA XR6 Ute, rating 1, no claims, under 25.

Just got a quote to insure a VE SV6 ute, manual, with 19's, PRICE QUOTED, $772!

So blows your theory out of the water IMO.
I can recall the company i work for when the new Munaro's came out were being priced at the same as an SS Commodore until there were a few claims and then the following renewal for the Munaro's we actually sent a letter out explaining that they were originally priced incorrectly and this was why the renewal price had more than doubled. i also remember the abuse i copped as a consultant at the time.
Old 30-09-2007, 07:28 PM   #35
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3 chaser
If there are more VE write off's, and the car then gets replaced (with the same type - ie. another VE), does that boost the VE new car sales?
Sure does.

The replacement car is purchased by the insurance company usually.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:37 AM   #36
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You want to look at chassis flex look at the new Toyota trucks :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWjTbiYo3x0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRfE_XAk2mE
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.

Last edited by XR Martin; 03-10-2007 at 12:44 AM.
XR Martin is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2007, 11:51 AM   #37
Bud Bud
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One could argue that it would be better pay a higher premium and survive than to save on a cheaper premium but not live after a similar accident because of less safer construction.

Also I think it is funny that everybody including Holden fans keep complaining about next years model being heavier than last years.

Where do people think this increased weight comes from? From eleven airbags and greater structural rigidity that's where. You can't have it both ways, at least not in an affordable package anyway.

Good if Holden have made a safer ute. This means Ford will need to follow suit, soughta keeps the world going round.
Bud Bud is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post