Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 07-10-2007, 11:27 PM   #1
FRD6RL
Go Frosty!

Default ST/XR4 Stripes

Hi everyone, :

We've bought an ST stripe kit for the Fez off ebay (an exact replica of the legit Ford ST stripes) however, there are bits of the kit that are cut to suit the ST/XR4 spoiler, and I have the Zetec spoiler.

We tried ordering extra stripes from the ebay seller, but it doesnt look like they will ever arrive (thats another story completely) :

Does anyone know of any places in Victoria that we could take the stripe kit to and get them to make up some extra strips of vinyl in the same/similar color?

Cheers, Nic. :newangel:

:newangel: Mine:
06 WQ Fiesta Zetec
Sea Grey Duco
17" ST Wheels. Pirelli P-Zero-Nero Tyres. Leather ST Interior. Spoiler. Scuff Plates.

:evilking: His:
00 AU2 Falcon XR8
Liquid Silver Duco.
Bodykit. Bi-Plane Spoiler. Manual. 17" XR Wheels. Hankook K104 Tyres. Leather Interior.

P.S I LOVE Smilies :
FRD6RL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2007, 09:41 AM   #2
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Try SIgnarama. they are pretty good and did my stripes....They should be able to sort you out.

FRD6RL may i ask something that has been pondering my mind for a tad while...all this work you are putting into the car to make it look like an XR4... wouldnt it of been cheaper and much more easier to just buy an XR4? i can understand if its a project and all, thats fair enough. Dont mean to offend. just curious.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2007, 10:19 AM   #3
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^^ man, that black Fiesta without the stripes looks gay. Whatta 4WD! Lame.

EDIT :- 1600th post oooo yeh.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2007, 05:57 PM   #4
FRD6RL
Go Frosty!

Hey photn :

No offence taken. My dad works at a Ford dealership and I got my brand new,auto fez zetec with window tint, spoiler, scuff plates and mats for $19,000 driveaway, so already there I saved abit of money. I didn't have to pay much to get the bodykit painted because my dad knows a great panelbeater and my dad fitted it. My hubby's mate works at Burson so we are getting an exhaust tip for next to nothing and my hubby's other friend is going to fit it. Even after doing all this to the car, it still wouldn't cost me as much as the XR4. Also it's a project we can work on! _2:

:newangel:

:newangel: Mine:
06 WQ Fiesta Zetec
Sea Grey Duco
17" ST Wheels. Pirelli P-Zero-Nero Tyres. Leather ST Interior. Spoiler. Scuff Plates.

:evilking: His:
00 AU2 Falcon XR8
Liquid Silver Duco.
Bodykit. Bi-Plane Spoiler. Manual. 17" XR Wheels. Hankook K104 Tyres. Leather Interior.

P.S I LOVE Smilies :
FRD6RL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2007, 10:27 PM   #5
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

As FRD6RL said she got the Fez for 19k drive away, and Adam at Britek also did us a great price on all the ST bits we bought off Britek.

With a bit of luck and calling in a few favors, FRD6RL will effectively get an auto XR4 (she wont miss the upgraded suspension/rear disk brakes) pretty cheaply. (I have a feeling she wouldnt mind the Focus engine tho)
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2007, 10:06 AM   #6
photn
AFF Post NAZI

AHH okay, well thats good to hear then.

Well i like the way its comming along... looking Great.

Btw Fantastic_Ford.. are you sure the bellhousing of the Auto4 will match up to the holes on the 2.0 Duratec. As far as i know the XR4 got a different Bellhousing due to haveing a few tweaks in the gearbox?......Just want to make sure you guys have all the info.. This project has come to far to falter now......looking great

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2007, 07:09 PM   #7
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Hey photn, we wont be going as far as engine transplant (unfortunately) :

Maybe at some point in the distant future...
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post