Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 12-10-2007, 12:01 AM   #1
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

Default Help with wheel scratch!?

Story starts with mum needing to borrow the car this morning cos her battery was flat in the polo. cool, until she comes back and tells me she scratched the wheel when parking aside the lovely (but not practical) blue-stone gutters we have here in melb.

Not big deal, just don't have enough money to take it to get repaired (i think, how much is it?). I was thinking of just getting it off with a mild abrasive cream with some jex or something... any advice... it really looks crap.
thanks,
jim

Interior: Colour-coded trims. ST leather gear knob w leather gaiter. Brushed Aluminium pedals. Scuff Plates.
Performance: Denso Iridium sparks. CAI. 2" cat-back with Hi-tech stainless muffler & dual chrome tips. Lowered. RSB soon!

Last edited by zetec jim; 12-10-2007 at 12:08 AM.
zetec jim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2007, 12:35 AM   #2
Jess85

i have a big deep scratch in my front passenger rim..some old lady in the carpark was coming towards me on the wrong side of the road and i thought i may as well go up the gutter instead of denting the car lol..
my friend had a deep scratch in her rim and her dad got it out with a nail file (sand it back a little) then fixed up the paint work with some kinda silver paint..im not game enough to try it myself though
Jess85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2007, 03:12 AM   #3
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If my memory serves me, Mista Fiesta had his repaired, wasn't cheap I think. Give him a buzz.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:52 PM   #4
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm guessing it's about $140-150 each wheel.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2007, 07:55 PM   #5
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Howdy

It cost me $280 for two rims. Both were guttered in various places and both had disfugurement/buckle around the lip.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:57 PM   #6
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So...mum got a lil too carried away with the racing lines ay?
Old 13-10-2007, 02:14 AM   #7
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

dunno, definate possibilty... maybe the fez is a step up from her little 1.4 VW polo. Although her car is red, which makes it go faster...
Interior: Colour-coded trims. ST leather gear knob w leather gaiter. Brushed Aluminium pedals. Scuff Plates.
Performance: Denso Iridium sparks. CAI. 2" cat-back with Hi-tech stainless muffler & dual chrome tips. Lowered. RSB soon!
Old 13-10-2007, 07:16 AM   #8
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Piotr found out that 1.9TDI Polo has the same acceleration as a stock 1.6l Fiesta.
Old 13-10-2007, 10:33 AM   #9
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

Quote:
Piotr found out that 1.9TDI Polo has the same acceleration as a stock 1.6l Fiesta.
Yeah, the 1.9TDI would be pretty decent, My old 97' 306 pug was a 1.9 turbo-diesel and that got off quick... once it got above 2500rpm, so the new diesels would be more refined. When dad serviced his 1.6 golf they gave him the 1.9TDI, and that thing flew. so in a smaller body i'm guessing it'd be pretty fun, specially in red...
I really want to try out the 2.0TDI though.
sorry... i love diesels.
Old 13-10-2007, 12:36 PM   #10
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

took some photos of before and after. just painted it today with some VW touch up paint i had lying around. looks pretty dodge, but still better than a gaping raptor-claw scratch.

this: to this:
Old 13-10-2007, 08:52 PM   #11
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ouch that's a big one.
Old 13-10-2007, 09:42 PM   #12
Jess85

my scratch is more like the ones running along the edge of your rim..except mine is on the edge of the spoke part
Jess85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post