Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-10-2007, 12:52 PM   #31
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

2 pages and still no "it'll buff out" comment? Whats AFF coming to.
Old 12-10-2007, 02:22 PM   #32
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

wtf..

as for getting tboned by a gt dane, also wtf!!
Old 12-10-2007, 04:30 PM   #33
XR6_190
BF XR6, oh yeah!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970galaxie
I'd be going straight to the cops I reckon.
Malicious damage charges come to mind.
Yeah I think I would do about the same, It would have to be criminal damage, or malicious damage. The only thing is, you would need some evidence, and even then if they charged them, the courts wouldn't necessarily demand they repay for the damages, that would be in a civil matter, not a criminal matter.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:52 PM   #34
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

are these halfwits an actual tree lopping business or your neighbors mates? as said in other posts, photograph Everything! and call the cops and see what they say. Do it properly. Im at a loss as to why anyone would do this???

Twin Horns 8-9/74 and lower horn dated 7-8/74, GT hubcaps. GT aircleaner. Please pm me if you can help
xe351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2007, 08:15 PM   #35
blownba
LPG Forum Moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all his assistance helping members with their LPG issues. 

I just can't believe it.... How the hell did you not kill the guy.
I am just speechless.............. All I can say is FRIGGIN BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!
blownba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2007, 09:15 PM   #36
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

go through insurance man, dont do the dodgy mates mate cheapest quote, work not garunteed crap....its not worth it, insurance at least will cover with lifetime garuntee most of them anyway

obviously handing over his card, he knows hes liable, why the hell else would you have got his details? ring insurance NOW and make a claim..... you should not be charged for anything

remember to get reciepts for anything you have to spend in relation to this incident, his insurance company will reimburse you

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2007, 10:03 PM   #37
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by blownba
I just can't believe it.... How the hell did you not kill the guy.
I am just speechless.............. All I can say is FRIGGIN BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!
Calm, calm, its a 'motor car', okay? Yes, I know its more worthy than Jesus Christ and all that god almighty can put together on heaven and earth, but,-its still 'a car'.

Yes, they are effing bastards, and to me it looks as though the operators started the chainsaw in vicinity of the car and has then had momentary trouble controlling it (the chainsaw Mary, the chainsaw).

Meh, otherwise the death penalty will suffice.

Tell me, do you kill those who don't indicate?
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2007, 10:12 PM   #38
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
Calm, calm, its a 'motor car', okay? Yes, I know its more worthy than Jesus Christ and all that god almighty can put together on heaven and earth, but,-its still 'a car'.

Yes, they are effing bastards, and to me it looks as though the operators started the chainsaw in vicinity of the car and has then had momentary trouble controlling it (the chainsaw Mary, the chainsaw).

Agree

Its terrible enough to make you wanna cry and all that but if people wanted to kill everyone that may have an accident then there wouldnt be many humans left. More the fact he denied it at first is what makes you more mad, but what do you do get a knife, a gun? ridiculous
ED Classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2007, 11:36 PM   #39
TEaaron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That'l buff right out mate.

Seriously though it's got me fcked to what goes through some peoples mind what could he possibly be thinking at the time of this?

in jelouse pricks just out to destroy everything they can't have.

E32 740iL Leather, sound system, rollin' on 19's
TEaaron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2007, 11:47 PM   #40
blownba
LPG Forum Moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all his assistance helping members with their LPG issues. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft

Hahahahaha
you crack me up. Have you not heard of a figure of speech???
Im sorry that we all not so civilised as yourselves. But if you blatently ruin something of mine like that I will be sure to let you know of my dissapointment.
People that don't indicate don't bother me. People that do not own up to their mistakes are the real problem here.
Still reckon that god will punish them. What goes around comes around.

Last edited by blownba; 12-10-2007 at 11:55 PM.
blownba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2007, 03:26 AM   #41
broken_suave
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

*looks at pictures*

wdebur.. wzb.. *cries* ..ww.. w-why would someone do that?

*sobs*

If I did that I'd drop the chainsaw and fall to the ground and cry.. hopefully i'd miss the chainsaw I just dropped. I'd be inconsolable.

Previously:
98 AU Futura 4.0 - Wildcat Extractors, 200cpsi Stainless Cat, Custom 2.5" Mandrel Bent Exhaust, Tickford Snorkel, Fram 'Airhog' Panel Filter - Daily

79 P6 LTD Silver Monarch - Project
broken_suave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2007, 03:28 AM   #42
IDT
Marko

Mate, my hat is off to you. I can only dream of having the self control you have obviously diplayed and all the power to you. Keeping your head screwed on is what will get you the results. Make sure you have written everything out as a sequence of events and quote as close to word for word. Hey! if worse does come to worse and he cops out you always have his details.

and to think if you would have belted him you would be in the wrong. But jeez it must have been tempting.
IDT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2007, 04:49 AM   #43
theboss290
FPV GT

Well mate I hope it all goes well for you. I know I wouldn’t have that much control.

That doesn’t even look like an accident?? Or what did they lean the trunk up against your car to chop it in half or some thing?? unfortunately morons like this usually don’t have any insurance and are uneducated, toothless, VB driving, VB drinking, winy blue smoking hill billys,…..END RANT! Good luck getting a cent out of them.
theboss290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2007, 09:40 AM   #44
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

By all means go through insurance but i would expect to pay the excess in this case. (don't jump up and down just yet)

If you were my cleint I would advise you I am applying the excess at least until the recoveries department has had a chance to contact the third party alledgely at fault. The simple fact is when the recoveries team call him he will basically have to admit liability as there were no witnesses as you have pointed out. If he does not accept liability although you have circumstances that point to him, it is far from being able to prove it. in which case the excess will stand, if he admits liability the excess will be waived.

If however take the other advice of small claims court you may get a descion based on blanace of probability, but then again they may also go down the same road if there was no witness.

Best of Luck with it mate.
Old 13-10-2007, 01:11 PM   #45
dave289
Banned

hi guys thanks for all the advice and recommendations.much appreciated.

as mentioned yesterday ,i went to my mates panel shop and got him to check it out. he said he would repair the damage and respray the front nose section for $200.he said it would be a bit shinnier than the rest of the panels ,but what else could i expect unless i respayed the whole car.this morning i rang the chainsaw artist and told him the sitch.while still trying to worm out i said do ya wanna go into this again mate THATS A CHAINSAW CUT IN MY CAR AND SOMEONE(BEING HIM) HAS.NT GOT THE GUTS TO ADMIT IT AND THATS THE WORST PART I SAID.he then agreed to pay the money within seven days.sorry to dissapoint some on not going thruogh insurance but i've decide to go this way.still dont know if or how easy i'll get my money of this lying nob but i'll keep you posted.if the worst happens im out of pocket $200 .if i go thruogh insurance ,it would be to hard to prove it as i did not actually see or did a cuople of the neighbours i questioned so would probably have to pay the excess anyway which would be more than the $200.as for the car my mate said he would start on the car on tuesday.
dave289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2007, 09:40 AM   #46
Ringo
I see you....

Well done....Keep us posted
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post