Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-10-2007, 10:07 AM   #91
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by davocol
Why the hell is everything white lately, white r spec typhoon, white territory. Is it marketing maybe to compliment the cobra? I would like to see this in a more interesting colour, I think it looks fantastic and would absolutely love one.

Because its $400 extra for prestige paint
:
Old 14-10-2007, 10:36 AM   #92
HSE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by blufoon
: you are way off line hear you can buy 2 f6x for less than 1 amg and i have driven a cayenne turbo its far from being a f6 its ok at speed on a motor way but point it up a hill a new hilux will push you {maybe not that bad but look at the same suv in its class.the f6x is for blokes and Shelia's. not ladies and gents :
You must have driven a different Cayenne that I then. On the Sidling targa stage I found to to be a very very capable car, up hill, down hill, and around corners.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2007, 04:46 PM   #93
Franky
Bring back the Phase

It's alright I guess, At least it's not butt ugly like the Cayenne.

If you have the money to get this then you have the money to get bigger wheels, it's not that big of a deal is it?
Franky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2007, 08:35 AM   #94
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It got a bit of a bagging in the weekend papers about the fuel consumption - thirstier than a Hummer H3 they said. Ford won't release official fuel consumption figures apparently and claimed people who buy performance cars don't care about fuel consumption.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2007, 11:57 AM   #95
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disciple
Hang on - A Cayenne Turbo is no F6X? Cayenne Turbo has 368kW and 700Nm man and will do 0-100 in 5.1s. How does a car with 700Nm, that weighs the same as the F6X, suck at going up hills? It'll even average better fuel consumption. I get this is a Ford forum so you guys are quite a bit biased and want the F6X to sell well, which is fine, but don't be delusional. :

Ok so we have better plastics, better fuel consumption, slightly quicker...Gee better go fork out another 100grand+ : As I said you dont worry about fuel consumtion when you compare a 4 grand service bill on a Quility German car to a few litres.

If you feel the need to convince yourself that the Falcon engine has any parts in it that date back to the 30's, and you need to bag a Typhoon engine then you are very wrong.
ED Classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2007, 12:37 PM   #96
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

im actually surprised FPV are doing anything with this, sure it will be nice and all, but i just dont think it will sell. The turbo terri would have tested this market somewhat. Did they sell many turbo terri's as i've only seen 2, 1 at the dealers.

Wouldnt FPV be better off spending the time on the Focus or something with the shift toward smaller cars?

Twin Horns 8-9/74 and lower horn dated 7-8/74, GT hubcaps. GT aircleaner. Please pm me if you can help
xe351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2007, 12:46 PM   #97
Xitdxr
1.8 Turbo baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by xe351
im actually surprised FPV are doing anything with this, sure it will be nice and all, but i just dont think it will sell. The turbo terri would have tested this market somewhat. Did they sell many turbo terri's as i've only seen 2, 1 at the dealers.

Wouldnt FPV be better off spending the time on the Focus or something with the shift toward smaller cars?
The turbo terri's sold very well. I see them all the time around work and home, and thats not including the one that my sister owns.

My problem with this F6X is that they havent done anywhere near enough to differentiate this car from a normal Turbo Terri. Yes internal wise its an F6, which is awesome on its own, but it just doesnt have anything on the outside that would make me want to spend the extra.

My 2c
Xitdxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2007, 12:47 PM   #98
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xitdxr
The turbo terri's sold very well. I see them all the time around work and home, and thats not including the one that my sister owns.

My problem with this F6X is that they havent done anywhere near enough to differentiate this car from a normal Turbo Terri. Yes internal wise its an F6, which is awesome on its own, but it just doesnt have anything on the outside that would make me want to spend the extra.

My 2c
Yeah I pretty much agree with that, just needs something to finish it off. I too see plenty of TT's around.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2007, 12:51 PM   #99
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am at a loss to understand some of the comments here.

F6x = Territory with more power, better brakes, better handling and nicer interior.

It is not an off road adventure wagon ideal for crossing the Simpson nor is it a road registered race car ideal for the "Maccas car park 500".

It may come as a bit of a shock but the majority of FPV (and for that matter HSV) buyers are NOT rev heads who mod their vehicles and are constantly zooming and doof doofing around the urban drag strips.

Many require more seats or space than a standard sedan. I am very sure that if I needed a family wagon for urban duties and my choices were patrol/cruiser, minibusesqe tarago, crapo station wagon or a proven all wheel drive solid vehicle fitted with brembo brakes, ABS, EBD, DSC and enough power if required then this is not a diffcult decission.

Too bland? Well rice it up if that is what floats your boat.
Too much fuel? $5/100km is only $1000 per 20,000km this is half the cost of a set of tyres, about one tenth of the mod budget of many of our members or in real money $20 per week.
Is the extra safety for your family provided by all of the above items worth $20 per week to you?

Of course it looks like FPV yet again have made a vehicle that will not sell into the all important "e-mutant/ex govt auction/doof doof" market.

I wonder if they really care about that...........
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2007, 12:55 PM   #100
SPNAGE
IMPHAT V 3.0

I love it! It looks awesome, but it would look better with the xr lights me thinks as well. I love the interior , looks hot.
Old 15-10-2007, 01:37 PM   #101
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist

F6x = Territory with more power, better brakes, better handling and nicer interior.

It is not an off road adventure wagon ideal for crossing the Simpson nor is it a road registered race car ideal for the "Maccas car park 500".

It may come as a bit of a shock but the majority of FPV (and for that matter HSV) buyers are NOT rev heads who mod their vehicles and are constantly zooming and doof doofing around the urban drag strips.

Many require more seats or space than a standard sedan. I am very sure that if I needed a family wagon for urban duties and my choices were patrol/cruiser, minibusesqe tarago, crapo station wagon or a proven all wheel drive solid vehicle fitted with brembo brakes, ABS, EBD, DSC and enough power if required then this is not a diffcult decission.

Too bland? Well rice it up if that is what floats your boat.
Too much fuel? $5/100km is only $1000 per 20,000km this is half the cost of a set of tyres, about one tenth of the mod budget of many of our members or in real money $20 per week.
Is the extra safety for your family provided by all of the above items worth $20 per week to you?

Of course it looks like FPV yet again have made a vehicle that will not sell into the all important "e-mutant/ex govt auction/doof doof" market.

I wonder if they really care about that...........
I am as well at a loss to understand the comments here.

Do you people understand what a cash cow the Territory is. Even with half the sales of the Falcon the Territory almost makes as much profit as the Falcon. I'm amazed at the number of specced up Territorys on the road I would go as far as saying that nearly half the Territorys I see are either a Ghia or a Turbo.

The Territory is the smartest decision by Ford since 1966 they dropped a Windsor V8 in a taxi and called it a GT. People WILL pay that much for the Territory. The Territory doesn't suffer the same "taxi" stigma as the Falcon and is a brilliant cheap alternative to the BMW.

Ford owns this market segment. Watch how the Adventra flopped and now they have a Craptiva. Look at Toyota scramble to imitate the Terra.

As Ford fans you should be loving this especially since it's so damn fast. I would wager that on a track day when it's ****ing down rain you will be able to watch the Tezza clean up Clubsports and Typhoons.
sleekism is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2007, 02:29 PM   #102
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleekism
The Territory is the smartest decision by Ford since 1966 they dropped a Windsor V8 in a taxi and called it a GT. People WILL pay that much for the Territory. The Territory doesn't suffer the same "taxi" stigma as the Falcon and is a brilliant cheap alternative to the BMW.
Also 'apparently' BMW bought the rear suspension design from FORD for the X5.
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2007, 02:50 PM   #103
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

I own a TT and I think it looks great, however I think the F6 X visually is a big letdown. They didn't need to go nuts and rice it up, however they should have put at least a little effort in, as comparatively you can easily see the differences between the XR's and their FPV equivalents.

Apart from some painted highlights and a slightly different rim design (be it the same size as the standard TT), there is nothing that makes the F6X stand out over a TT, and I think that's a mistake. Similar driving lights as the current BFII FPV, and a front and rear bar that hints at the FPV family, would have done the trick.

The rest of the package I think fits well and for what it is should do ok.

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2007, 04:26 PM   #104
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:

Enough power for what?
Doesnt the TT provide enough power for the average 'bloke' to get his kids to the soccer in without needing an extra 30kw?
What can you do with the extra 30kw, i bet the load carrying capacity hasn't been increased over the standard TT so the Patrol/Cruiser would eat it as a big tow vehicle and apart from quick getaways and speeding i dont see where the extra 30kw is going to be used.
That is unless the TT is no good for overtaking and you need more in that department.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2007, 07:29 PM   #105
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8
Enough power for what?
Doesnt the TT provide enough power for the average 'bloke' to get his kids to the soccer in without needing an extra 30kw?
What can you do with the extra 30kw, i bet the load carrying capacity hasn't been increased over the standard TT so the Patrol/Cruiser would eat it as a big tow vehicle and apart from quick getaways and speeding i dont see where the extra 30kw is going to be used.
That is unless the TT is no good for overtaking and you need more in that department.
A) It is only 25kw but is does demonstrate 70Nm more.
B) FPV have only one spec six cylinder engine so that is probably why they used it rather than develop a special one.
C) Enough power to overtake easily up a steep grade on the highway when it is loaded with 7 people and a pile of luggage.

From your post I suspect you are not going to trade your XF 4.1 in the near future although it would probably save you heaps on fuel.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2007, 09:13 PM   #106
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
From your post I suspect you are not going to trade your XF 4.1 in the near future although it would probably save you heaps on fuel.
From your post i suspect you either dont read too well or haven't done your homework......I drive an XE not an XF.
But you are right, i wont be upgrading anytime soon, i'm fairly poor an all.

Oh and i almost forgot in all the excitement....just because they produce a 270kw i6 doesn't mean they must feel the need to offer it in a Terri, it's still overkill.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2007, 09:36 PM   #107
Miyagi
fordxr5turbo.com

looks great imo and whilst going 20" rims'd be nice it'd really up the price on re-shodding the car... so i don't mind it.
Old 15-10-2007, 09:42 PM   #108
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Also 'apparently' BMW bought the rear suspension design from FORD for the X5.
They basically copied the whole Territory virtual pivot point front suspension for the new X5, but they have denied they copied it, due to the snob factor. A BMW can't borrow an idea from a humble Ford now can it. Wheels asked them the question, their reply was they didn't even look at the Territory. My backside.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2007, 10:11 PM   #109
Tles
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8
:Oh and i almost forgot in all the excitement....just because they produce a 270kw i6 doesn't mean they must feel the need to offer it in a Terri, it's still overkill.
Just because a hot blonde can get silicon enhancement doesn't mean it's not overkill either - I know a hot blonde who owns a TerriTurbo and I heard yesterday, that she is booked in for surgery soon C-D. Both are enhancements over excellent standard product, neither of them are a bad idea in any way if you ask me.
Tles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2007, 10:18 AM   #110
Disciple
Banned

What I think the bottom is, is why have Ford spent so much money on this car when it's only going to be a low volume seller for them? They should have spent the money that went into the F6X on getting the Diesel version of the Territory out sooner. Surely they'll sell more Diesel Territories than FPV F6X Territories?
Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2007, 10:27 AM   #111
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
What I think the bottom is, is why have Ford spent so much money on this car when it's only going to be a low volume seller for them? They should have spent the money that went into the F6X on getting the Diesel version of the Territory out sooner. Surely they'll sell more Diesel Territories than FPV F6X Territories?
OK..take 2.

FPV F6x was/is simply an interior and engine dump. Now it costed bugger all to do because its would be very very similar to a TT, other than interior, rims, and maybe shock/spring calibration (not sure of that one).

Engine is exactly the same, as XR6T's and F6's share alot more now, maybe some bushes etc where changed, but as far as a program goes it would have been cheap.

A diesel is a whole different story, new engine, new mounts, new ecu's etc etc.

Diesel will happen, thats only a matter of time and you would think Ford would have sorted it out by the next Territory model.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2007, 10:45 AM   #112
HSE2

Quote:
You mean FPV don't you? It’s not a Ford product.

Speaking out of term but seeing as this is basically a 08 model the comments about its appearance might be taken into consideration just as the original bonnet bulge on the BA was.

Perhaps there is a small amount of movement to be had between now and job one on the kit side of things???
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2007, 01:32 PM   #113
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Look how far Ford has changed from AU TE50 Subtle Style to a GT tough as style. This could be different and they could have got it right, but its the first of a vehicle for them and companys dont always get everything 100% right in a first model. Having said that I dont think they will be expecting it to sell like a GT or a Territory Diesel etc etc and if they are reading here they would already be on a win with it being compared to a AMG Merc or Cayyene Turbo because thats how far ahead of its own class it is even if its not as good as those 2 which are double the price+. Just wait till Orion F6 engine goes in.
ED Classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post