Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 13-10-2007, 03:53 PM   #1
chinw3e
no sacrifice, no victory

Default Colour Coding

Hey everyone,

Works picked up and I'm getting more shifts. Which means more money for my fez. Finally I say to myself. I put my first mod on the car today. Thanks to Nicole and Rob for the 16" Mp3s. They look a lot better than the steelies. No pics as yet as my fez it a tad dirty. haha. More mods to come real soon. Springs, indicators and wipers from european-parts in a few weeks.

I'm also intending to colour code the fez which bring me to the topic of this post. Just wondering if anyone knows of a good smash repairer within the Melbourne regions who could do it for a decent price. And also if anyone has done it, how much did they get the lot done for.

Cheers,
Andy

Eibach Lowering Springs, Wiecher Sports Strut Brace, K&N panel filter, fog lights, crystal black side indicators, car mats, tinted windows
chinw3e is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2007, 04:21 PM   #2
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Hey andy,

If you join www.ukfn.co.uk which is for free they have a HOW-TO to color code your fiesta.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2007, 12:04 PM   #3
FRD6RL
Go Frosty!

Hey Andy :

So glad you are so happy with the wheels. Look forward to seeing pics

Cheers Nic and Rob

:newangel: Mine:
06 WQ Fiesta Zetec
Sea Grey Duco
17" ST Wheels. Pirelli P-Zero-Nero Tyres. Leather ST Interior. Spoiler. Scuff Plates.

:evilking: His:
00 AU2 Falcon XR8
Liquid Silver Duco.
Bodykit. Bi-Plane Spoiler. Manual. 17" XR Wheels. Hankook K104 Tyres. Leather Interior.

P.S I LOVE Smilies :
FRD6RL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2007, 05:24 PM   #4
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

I know that a company called "The touch up guys" will do colour coding. There are a few companies like this....they are the ones that come on site and do bumper scratch repairs etc. They will be WAY cheaper than a panel shop. Just a thought
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2007, 12:35 AM   #5
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just as a reference, one of the panel shops along Vesper Drive, Fountain Gate quoted me $400 for handles and strips.
Old 15-10-2007, 02:27 AM   #6
chinw3e
no sacrifice, no victory

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll shoot into a few places and get quotes. "the touch up guys" sounds promising.

Eibach Lowering Springs, Wiecher Sports Strut Brace, K&N panel filter, fog lights, crystal black side indicators, car mats, tinted windows
Old 16-10-2007, 09:48 PM   #7
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Originally Posted by xurbanx
Just as a reference, one of the panel shops along Vesper Drive, Fountain Gate quoted me $400 for handles and strips.
Pretty steep, ok if its good quality work I guess.

I dont know about color coding the standard (rough plastic) Fez handles and side strips Andy, it'd look nicer to order some ST/XR4 smooth plastic handles and strips and get those painted the same color as the car. Ford Parts UK sell them online.
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2007, 07:47 PM   #8
chinw3e
no sacrifice, no victory

there's really a difference? can't i get them to sand it down first. it'd cost extra maybe, but i'm just not a fan of paying so much for shipping from overseas. there's a lot i want but all the items aren't from the same site so shipping just adds up.