Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-10-2007, 09:09 PM   #1
Addz
Starter Motor

Default Insurance claim

Hey I was parked in a car park the other day and as someone pulled into next to me they dented and scratched every panel on one side of my AU. I don't know how they managed it but they did it and the inconsiderate people drove off and didn't leave their details. Because i don't know who did it do i have to pay for the excess on my insurance if it makes any difference my insurance is with RAA and it is full comprehensive.

Thanks

Addz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2007, 09:25 PM   #2
Cooper69S

yes you will need to pay the excess and probably lose your NCB. probably still cheaper than paying for the repairs but better to check before you claim. the only way you get out it is if you have some details for the insurance company. at least a vehicle description and rego and preferably driver details too.
Cooper69S is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2007, 09:30 PM   #3
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Hearing things like this really p### me off. There are so many morons out there who damage our rides without leaving details. What the hell is wrong with these kind of people ?
Nostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2007, 09:35 PM   #4
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Yes as Copper69S said, you will have to pay your excess.

If you have no claim bonus protection or rating 1 protection then it wont be effected as it is protected.

If your no claim bonus or rating is not protected and it will be reduced then there are some other factors you will have to take in to consideration.

The one plus of all this is that if your under 25 years old you wont have to pay the additional young driver or afe excess as your car was parked so you will only be required to pay the standard excess.

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2007, 10:10 PM   #5
Addz
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRHEMI
Yes as Copper69S said, you will have to pay your excess.

If you have no claim bonus protection or rating 1 protection then it wont be effected as it is protected.

If your no claim bonus or rating is not protected and it will be reduced then there are some other factors you will have to take in to consideration.

The one plus of all this is that if your under 25 years old you wont have to pay the additional young driver or afe excess as your car was parked so you will only be required to pay the standard excess.
Well thats good news i am only 17 so that means my excess should be reduced to a reasonable amount
Addz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2007, 11:29 PM   #6
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Is this your first year of insurance?
Have you got comprehensive cover?
How much do you pay a year?
What is your standard excess amount?

I would call your insurer and ask them if you make a claim what effect it will have to your Rating/No Claim Bonus on renewal.

If your on Zero No Claim Bonus or Rating 6 that may be the lowest your insurer goes and they wont reduce your No Claim Bonus or Rating 6 therefore you will be paying the same amount on renewal.

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2007, 08:42 AM   #7
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRHEMI
Is this your first year of insurance?
Have you got comprehensive cover?
How much do you pay a year?
What is your standard excess amount?

I would call your insurer and ask them if you make a claim what effect it will have to your Rating/No Claim Bonus on renewal.

If your on Zero No Claim Bonus or Rating 6 that may be the lowest your insurer goes and they wont reduce your No Claim Bonus or Rating 6 therefore you will be paying the same amount on renewal.
Most general insurers do go lower than rating 6, rating 6 is the base which means you have no no-claim bonus, however you can get yourself into negative no-claim bonus which effectivly loads the premium instead of reducing it, eg. Rating 7,8,9 etc.