Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-10-2007, 11:58 PM   #1
AussieMarc
Starter Motor

Default is it "bad driver's month" or something?

ok about 2 months ago on the highway a car pulled out in front of the car in front of me, both had to absolutely slam on our brakes (even though we had plenty of room) and the car next to me that was about to merge behind me slammed on his also and lost control.. nearly hit the side rail. no one was hurt and we all recovered but me silently screaming about the bloke in front..

only a couple of weeks later i was on the inside lane of a roundabout and taking the 3rd exit, however the car on the outside lane decides to try and cut across my exit late and continue onto the roundabout even though she was in an exit only lane.. missed my car by about 1 inch.

so on the same roundabout... another couple of weeks later i passed the bit where the chick nearly cut me off and some dude doesnt bother stopping when he starts merging onto the roundabout and just turns a blind eye to me. i slam on my breaks, honk the horn.. he keeps driving without even a wave.

finally just the other night, i was sitting in the left hand lane at the lights with a car in front of me and 2 cars in the right hand lane. the left hand lane merged into the right in about 20m after the lights.. the car in front of me and the first car in the right hand lane take off, so i do and the other car sits back a little as if he is letting me in.. so i put my indicator on then all of a sudden the dude that was sitting back floors it right up behind the other bloke so i couldnt merge, having to slam on my breaks to stop myself from hitting the side guard.

so many c0cks on the road these days. cant stand some of the fcukers..

rants over. ive had my vent.

AussieMarc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2007, 07:47 AM   #2
Kommandant
ED4LYFE

One word,

Queenslanders.
Old 23-10-2007, 02:37 PM   #3
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Gets better for the West Aussie contingent here....
Yesterday on my way from Perth to Mandurah to get my car serviced, a 70Km trip; I got held up in traffic because of a Nasty Smash...One VS Commodore was involved...on a perfectly straight piece of Road- look like it went side on into a pole.
Today on my way back from picking my car up in Mandurah, I was held up in traffic again ..."seriously...this can't be..Not another smash!?" Oh but it was...a VZ SS Vs a Mazda at an Intersection...
As I was driving along at snail pace...i saw a small memorial dedicated to a 17 Y.o Girl named Chole and it all clicked...she was thrown from a Speeding car in a drag race earlier this year...This is a very notorious strip of road apparently. I'm still getting acquainted with the roads and bad drivers here.
Old 23-10-2007, 02:53 PM   #4
la2or
Your Hero

ive noticed some bad drivers lately in QLD moreso than usual like ive come close several times in the last week than over my driving life
la2or is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2007, 03:26 PM   #5
gz1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yea, that seems like a good day in Sydney. Seems like half the drivers here should not even be on the road. And the Governments response to this madness is to lower the speed limits. Instead of taking these halfwits of the road, make everyone drive slower.
Oh yea, ther's no revenue with taking halfwits off the road though.
gz1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2007, 04:12 PM   #6
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket
Yesterday on my way from Perth to Mandurah to get my car serviced, a 70Km trip; I got held up in traffic because of a Nasty Smash...One VS Commodore was involved...on a perfectly straight piece of Road- look like it went side on into a pole.
Today on my way back from picking my car up in Mandurah, I was held up in traffic again ..."seriously...this can't be..Not another smash!?" Oh but it was...a VZ SS Vs a Mazda at an Intersection...
As I was driving along at snail pace...i saw a small memorial dedicated to a 17 Y.o Girl named Chole and it all clicked...she was thrown from a Speeding car in a drag race earlier this year...This is a very notorious strip of road apparently. I'm still getting acquainted with the roads and bad drivers here.
I dread driving through mandurah, damn selfish and bad drivers everywhere!! And i used to live there too...damn derro/bogan/hoon central.

I can't wait for the Bunbury-Perth freeway to go through so i can bypass man-bra :evil3:
DoreSlamR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2007, 09:08 PM   #7
thefargo
black xb
Donating Member3

come to motorist heaven....Adelaide.

its dog eat dog here, take no prisoners.

leave your "good" car home for the sunday cruise.
thefargo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2007, 09:15 PM   #8
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommandant
One word,

Queenslanders.
In fact the quote should be southerner now Queenslander , around one in 6 Qld drivers is a state transplant and they generally forget how to drive the first week.
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2007, 09:38 PM   #9
MeLLy

I seriously understand what you mean but sadly its not limited to the one state, they are everywhere, its extended now to no driver appreciation because even when you let someone in they dont even bother to give a wave anymore & they continue on like someone just didnt do them a favour.
I had one lady a while back who i actually rang the police on, she annoyed me greatly by nearly taking off my front end by changing lanes, then i changed into the far left lane and she did it once more, so i got angry and beeped her as she didnt indicate both times & she had the desency to show me her finger when she was the one in the wrong, so i basically told her she was a Sh%t driver and she then decided to act childish and stick her tongue out at me and show her daughter what a mature lady she could be...Basically she was driving dangerously and kept tail gating me and some other things after that...But i was also already pretty p$ssed off due to a taxi deciding to chuck a u-ey from the left lane earlier in the night when i was right next to him, it caused me to really test my breaks & steer away so i didnt completely t-bone him, i wanted to throttle that guy he didnt even apologise or see if we were ok he basically kept driving so i got his plate and rang his company and made a formal complaint.
I could go on forever, people running red lights in front of me when im inches away from them,people not giving way to me on a roundabout and actually abusing me for not giving way to them on the left, people speeding up to cut me out of merging lanes, people not bothering to turn off their high beams for you or other people, i've even seen people cut trucks off as well as buses and trams its shocking.
Everyone is all out for themselves on the roads thesedays, regardless of road rules & as everyone knows here in my state the only thing u get done for is speeding you could flog a tv and walk down the street and the coppers will smile and be on their merry way...
Theres a real problem out there now with people just driving stupidly its like everyone has been watching taxi's for so long that its grown on them.
I used to get told dont drive in sydney or melbourne its really bad....but when i did drive in those cities i liked them better than driving on our roads...
Thats what really grinds my gears LOL

B**** with Boost
MeLLy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2007, 10:36 PM   #10
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Geez, if my driving experience was as uneventuful as yours, I'd be grateful. :P
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2007, 11:19 PM   #11
muzz

Was at the Gold Coast last year and man the driving was bad there. Don't bother using the pedestrian crossings and expecting anyone to stop.
Believe it or not, I think the Sydney drivers are pretty good given the congestion on the road - you really can't survive there if people don't give and take a little when changing lanes and merging. I'm from Canberra and the main problem here is the selfishness - nobody wants to give way.
But you get bad drivers everywhere and its a challenge not to let it get to you.
muzz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2007, 01:00 PM   #12
scoupedy

The problem with Queensland is all the Victorians and Kiwi's up here Ive lived all around Australia (WA,VIC, QLD, NSW) and the worst are the Vics followed by Qld
But there are Bad drivers everywhere
scoupedy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2007, 01:15 PM   #13
Windza

Gotta agree - if it's not Grey Nomads from Victoria doing 75 km's on the highway, it's transplanted NSWelshmen who can't get enough of QLD !
Windza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2007, 01:50 PM   #14
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket
i dont get it.. its a straight bit of highway, road is in good condition, bit dark at night between intersections but come on. drivers should be able to negociate a straight bit of road!! i dont get it.. :
Old 24-10-2007, 03:45 PM   #15
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's Mandurah. I used to be a resident lol...

I usually find the drivers here in Perth are pretty switched on. Maybe I am just lucky :P
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2007, 07:46 PM   #16
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Perth isn't too bad....they'll normally let you in.
Not always the case though..
I know- perfectly straight piece of road should be very safe...but i guess not.
Its frustrating to see....its going to take a traffic pole to knock some sense into these drivers :(