Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 31-10-2007, 09:07 PM   #1
Cam
Stroking it...

Default V8 Leads

Hey all,

Unforunately somehow one of my leads came loose and melted to the extractors thus killing the lead..

So off to Supercrap i go where i get informed u cannot buy one lead, u need the set, i just had leads done so i was a lil annoyed. So the chap informs me they can get them in today, w00t. problem solved. I am not in the best financial situation atm so i nearly died when he quoted $162 for a set of Top Gun leads. Didn't have enough dosh so off i went to ponder my options. On the walk home i stop into the Ford dealership, they can supply them in lots of 4, for $220 (no real surprise there)

My Questions is, is there anyone who will sell single leads?

The AU is now my daily again so its left me no way to get to work! The only idea i have had is to get to a wreckers (long walk) or of someone has a spare one (Cyl 4) laying around (I am in Springwood and work at Murarrie)

Thanks in advance for any help

Cam

Now: Busted assed EB Wagon - 5sp and Dual Fuel.
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2007, 09:13 PM   #2
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Most car shops sell individual leads, I bought one for mums car when a rat decided to chew through one. They'd only be generic leads though, If i were you I'd try another shop mate.
DoreSlamR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2007, 09:15 PM   #3
Cam
Stroking it...

they sell individual leads, but not for AU V8 falcons **bangs head against desk**
Now: Busted assed EB Wagon - 5sp and Dual Fuel.
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2007, 11:44 PM   #4
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfords-dot-org
they sell individual leads, but not for AU V8 falcons **bangs head against desk**
I have a at least one set of AU V8 leads. Some new, some old. From memory, there would be at least 2 full sets, maybe even 3. They were no good running LPG, but never had an issue with them on petrol only. I think some are motorcraft, some are Topgun and some are a cheap taiwanese version that still worked OK. You can have the lot for $50 and I'll post them expresspost tomorrow if you want them. Might even have some plugs too that wouldn't be too old (again, replaced when I got the LPG installed, but they were fine on petrol), so you can have the lot.

I've sent this info via PM too, just to make sure you see it tonight.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2007, 11:53 PM   #5
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Try Dave from A1 Hi Performance. His nickname is BOTTLEDUP on this forum. He did me up a set of MSD leads and 10/10 for customer service.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2007, 12:28 AM   #6
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

also try queensland ignition leads at kallangur
they make custom leads etc as well
and im told are VERY well priced