Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-11-2007, 11:58 AM   #31
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

[QUOTE=CDAA]If you haven't already try a drive in a Turbo Ghia Territory, they are quite surprising (in a good way). [QUOTE]
Correct. The olds have one and it is a blast to drive.
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
DJL351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2007, 12:02 PM   #32
ADSXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
I can't confirm it but I'm hopeful that Orion may see the introduction a Fairmont Ghia Wagon again with the turbo attached. If you haven't already try a drive in a Turbo Ghia Territory, they are quite surprising (in a good way). There's also the F6X which should present much more 'FPV' like when launched.

For me I just like the idea of a 6ltr V8 in a wagon. I grew up with wagons so I sort of have a thing for them.:togo:
I have driven a couple Territorys, both n/a and TT. I certainly dont mind them, but by looking at the 4WD/AWD, that now also brings in many many options. I looked at the new Klugger Grande and they are pretty smick. Prado I dont mind, and even the Volvo XC90. Any thing up from there is out of my price range.

I quite liked the VY SS wagons Holden bought out a few years ago, and just think the high performance sedan/wagon option would be more enjoyable for the longer term.

And the F6X, somebody told me it would have a price tag of around 80k? Now way when you go back a year later and Ford tell you its worth 40k.
Old 21-11-2007, 12:06 PM   #33
BrAvE FaCe
Banned

looks like they have fallen asleep designing the *** of the thing.think they had a snooze during the VE ute too.
BrAvE FaCe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2007, 12:55 PM   #34
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

To whoever says wagons cant be hot...

http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-conte...-caradvice.jpg
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2007, 01:20 PM   #35
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacus
Looks hot all over, actually:

That's just the photochop isn't it?

I prefer it over the sedans, and it's better looking than the Ford equivalent, I still don't think it's great in the looks department though.

As for the front of the wagon above, I still think they look bad =/
Holden made the decision to make thier utes for pretty boys years ago. Wannabe tradesman drive them. If my son came home and told me he bought a holden ute I would struggle to come to grips with the fact he is a homosexual.
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2007, 01:23 PM   #36
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

double post, mod delete.
Holden made the decision to make thier utes for pretty boys years ago. Wannabe tradesman drive them. If my son came home and told me he bought a holden ute I would struggle to come to grips with the fact he is a homosexual.
Old 21-11-2007, 01:23 PM   #37
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
To whoever says wagons cant be hot...
Any pre XD wagon can be hot
Old 21-11-2007, 01:25 PM   #38
Zed7fiddy
Temporary Australian

I love these things, i wouldnt own one, id prefer a 300C wagon, but holden has got it right here, a sporty look, i doubt ford will match it :(
Zed7fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2007, 03:57 PM   #39
tapeworm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmuscle1965
Heres a link to a new Holwoo Wagon, It to me looks like a stretched astra or something. :togo:

http://editorial.carsales.com.au/car...w/2859031.aspx

Holwoo....HAHA. It looks good, but like all new cars the proportions are all too big.
tapeworm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2007, 05:20 PM   #40
Werd.
nou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
All Hypocrites ?
The way i read it most of us like it. :

Sorry, worded that wrong...

Let me rephrase. "Some of you are hypocrites"
Werd. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2007, 05:56 PM   #41
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

kinda looks like a 300C wagon, like it was based on it!?

both are hot either way! but holden has my vote so far and i love the 300C
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2007, 06:03 PM   #42
Fordmuscle1965

Its a sad, sad day when the only reason people want a wagon is so they can look cool, never mind the fact that wagons were suppose to be (in the olden days) for putting heaps of s#%t in the back of them.

To me the back of this thing looks way to small and I would struggle to get a couple of large suitcases and the stroller in it. But I spose holwoo are not really worrying about load capacity in any of their vehicles, as the utes are only capable of a wheelbarrow and a couple of bags of concrete before you've reached the load limit. All you people out there saying its cool are missing the point. :
1989 F250 V8
Previous Rides
Black G220 Dumped
93 Black ED XR6

04 Territory, 20's, Black, Bling
94 NC Barge, Dumped, 17's
93 EB S, Dumped, 17's

86 Barge, Dumped, 17's
86 Cruiser of Land!
86 XF Wagon, Bull Bar, Raised, Salt Lake cruiser!
82 XE Sedan, Dumped, 15's
74 XB Coupe, 18's
73 XB Sedan
61 XK Wagon, old school.
78 Cortina.

Projects
65 Zephyr, Tubbed, 289, Simmons
65 Mustang LT Project
Fordmuscle1965 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2007, 06:13 PM   #43
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Black, 6 litre, manual wagon....
Probably the only thing that could tear me away from the blue oval...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2007, 08:35 PM   #44
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:
Its a sad, sad day when the only reason people want a wagon is so they can look cool, never mind the fact that wagons were suppose to be (in the olden days) for putting heaps of s#%t in the back of them.

To me the back of this thing looks way to small and I would struggle to get a couple of large suitcases and the stroller in it. But I spose holwoo are not really worrying about load capacity in any of their vehicles, as the utes are only capable of a wheelbarrow and a couple of bags of concrete before you've reached the load limit. All you people out there saying its cool are missing the point. :

What's with the cringe factor "holwoo" and "dunnydore" references? It's obvious you have problem with brand loyalty blindness, but why try to denegrate something else you know nothing about and use jibberish in the process?
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2007, 08:54 PM   #45
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:
Its a sad, sad day when the only reason people want a wagon is so they can look cool, never mind the fact that wagons were suppose to be (in the olden days) for putting heaps of s#%t in the back of them. ...
It's called a trailer!

: :
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2007, 10:52 AM   #46
Fordmuscle1965

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
What's with the cringe factor "holwoo" and "dunnydore" references? It's obvious you have problem with brand loyalty blindness, but why try to denegrate something else you know nothing about and use jibberish in the process?

Im sorry I thought this was a free speech forum! : 'Cringe factor' is that like kissing your sister type stuff. My references to the other brand are fine and its obvious you must have had a bad day coming down off the gear.

You do not know me, but you assume I know nothing about the subject in question. Get off your horse mate and take the bus. Fortunately I have eyes (which work) and can read so I know a little about the subject. In regards to brand loyalty fine, I have blue blood and will till the day I die. If there more like me instead of 'fence sitters' and 'whats in vogue' this week type people, my brand of choice will rise again and at the moment the earth is starting to move so get on or buy a 'VAUXDEN'. :
1989 F250 V8
Previous Rides
Black G220 Dumped
93 Black ED XR6

93 EB S, Dumped, 17's

86 Barge, Dumped, 17's
86 Cruiser of Land!
74 XB Coupe, 18's
73 XB Sedan
61 XK Wagon, old school.
78 Cortina.

Projects
65 Mustang LT Project
Old 22-11-2007, 11:13 AM   #47
ClevlndStemer
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Im sorry I thought this was a free speech forum! : 'Cringe factor' is that like kissing your sister type stuff. My references to the other brand are fine and its obvious you must have had a bad day coming down off the gear.
No this is not a free speech forum as you may think. There are rules to abide by. References such as DunnyDore are honestly childish, no worse than the otherside referring to fords as Frauds. I mean c'mon, grow up. You may be able to say it but it doesn't make your post sound all that mature or maybe it does show your maturity :P

Quote:
You do not know me, but you assume I know nothing about the subject in question. Get off your horse mate and take the bus. Fortunately I have eyes (which work) and can read so I know a little about the subject. In regards to brand loyalty fine, I have blue blood and will till the day I die. If there more like me instead of 'fence sitters' and 'whats in vogue' this week type people, my brand of choice will rise again and at the moment the earth is starting to move so get on or buy a 'VAUXDEN'. :
wow that was really hard to interpret, from what i was able to translate into english grammar, you're saying everyone here should be one eyed ford supporters instead of fence sitters? No wonder Ford aren't doing well. Let's just buy a car cause we like the brand no matter how bad the car is. Bravo.
:togo:
ClevlndStemer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2007, 01:40 PM   #48
JPDyno

Van D >
Not a photoshop mate, production-ready(apparently) show car.

Fordmuscle1965 >
All depends on how much you want to put in the back of something. obviously for those people who are loading their current LWB wagons up to the brim are not going to be interested. But im very interested. I dont want to drive around in a massive wagon or 4WD. But i do want something bigger than a sedan boot to occasionally carry a bit more. I constantly have to fill my back seat with stuff if i go away for a weekend because the boots not big enough, i think this thing would be just right for me.

Judging from the photos I think you'd get 2 large suitcases, a stroller, some bedding and an esky in there without folding down the seat, if you know what your doing.
JPDyno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2007, 02:42 PM   #49
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:

Mate the "dunnydore" thing is something you hear from the bloke at the party everyone avoids. It's not clever and neither is the "foulcan" etc. Sure you'll get the polite smile if you utter it in public, but your worthwhile audience will switch off.

I can't see how you would know anything about the wagon, just as I wouldn't. As far as I can fathom you are basing your hatred on little more than a pic of a good looking vehicle that carries a Holden badge. When I asked "what's wrong with that?" I was responsive to the replies, not assumptions that the industry cube test is no longer valid for this car. The wagon is not something that attracts diehard brand loyalists, so it will sink or swim on it's own merits.
Old 22-11-2007, 03:49 PM   #50
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Im sorry I thought this was a free speech forum! :
The failing of many a person who posts on a moderated internet forum.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2007, 06:36 PM   #51
Fordmuscle1965

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevlndStemer
No this is not a free speech forum as you may think. There are rules to abide by. References such as DunnyDore are honestly childish, no worse than the otherside referring to fords as Frauds. I mean c'mon, grow up. You may be able to say it but it doesn't make your post sound all that mature or maybe it does show your maturity :P

wow that was really hard to interpret, from what i was able to translate into english grammar, you're saying everyone here should be one eyed ford supporters instead of fence sitters? No wonder Ford aren't doing well. Let's just buy a car cause we like the brand no matter how bad the car is. Bravo.
:togo:
If I have broken any of the rules Im sure that the Mod will pull my post quicker than the spanking you are currently handing out to your own importance. I Never mentioned a 'Dunnydore" in this thread, Wally stuck that one in all by himself so go and rattle his post. If people want to called them frauds good luck to them I'll have a laugh , I wont get upset and call people childish making myself feel mature.

I'm not saying everyone here should be one eyed, there choice is their choice but I'm 1 eyed, my choice, proud of it : My current vehicle are a good cross section of the brand I love and couldn't be happier. I bought all my cars cause I like the Brand and the model. My original post says how I thought That the new wagon looked like a stretched astra which In my opinion it does. My brand at least has some principles like calling a spade a spade, or in fords case, a Ford a Ford. Holden seen to whack on a new brand name for whatever country their in at the time(vauxhall-england,daewoo-asia,pontiac-america), Where Ford will still be a ford no matter what country their in.

: : : : : :
1989 F250 V8
Previous Rides
Black G220 Dumped
93 Black ED XR6

93 EB S, Dumped, 17's

86 Barge, Dumped, 17's
86 Cruiser of Land!
74 XB Coupe, 18's
73 XB Sedan
61 XK Wagon, old school.
78 Cortina.

Projects
65 Mustang LT Project
Old 22-11-2007, 06:42 PM   #52
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:
I Never mentioned a 'Dunnydore" in this thread...., Wally stuck that one in all by himself so go and rattle his post. .....
Have you looked at the thread title? :hihi:
Old 22-11-2007, 06:50 PM   #53
Fordmuscle1965

Except in the title! :
1989 F250 V8
Previous Rides
Black G220 Dumped
93 Black ED XR6

93 EB S, Dumped, 17's

86 Barge, Dumped, 17's
86 Cruiser of Land!
74 XB Coupe, 18's
73 XB Sedan
61 XK Wagon, old school.
78 Cortina.

Projects
65 Mustang LT Project
Old 22-11-2007, 07:04 PM   #54
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If I have broken any of the rules Im sure that the Mod will pull my post quicker than the spanking you are currently handing out to your own importance. I Never mentioned a 'Dunnydore" in this thread, Wally stuck that one in all by himself so go and rattle his post. If people want to called them frauds good luck to them I'll have a laugh , I wont get upset and call people childish making myself feel mature.

I'm not saying everyone here should be one eyed, there choice is their choice but I'm 1 eyed, my choice, proud of it : My current vehicle are a good cross section of the brand I love and couldn't be happier. I bought all my cars cause I like the Brand and the model. My original post says how I thought That the new wagon looked like a stretched astra which In my opinion it does. My brand at least has some principles like calling a spade a spade, or in fords case, a Ford a Ford. Holden seen to whack on a new brand name for whatever country their in at the time(vauxhall-england,daewoo-asia,pontiac-america), Where Ford will still be a ford no matter what country their in.

: : : : : :
They are both Yank multinationals.
Ford uses the same name in all markets, GM doesnt, so what?

Ford uses models and platforms form its other divisions.
Mazda and Volvo for example.
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2007, 07:11 PM   #55
tapeworm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

LOL at how quickly people arc up at something so small, there is an element of immaturity there in itself.
tapeworm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2007, 07:14 PM   #56
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:

I'm not saying everyone here should be one eyed, there choice is their choice but I'm 1 eyed, my choice, proud of it :
I think you will find many of us are as one eyed as you are, we would just like to feel that we could be objective and sensible about it if the shoe fit.:togo: By actively and publically acknowledging a good Holden product when we see one can help with this therapy.: That's doesn't mean we're not proud of a good Ford product either.

Personally while I love my Ford's it annoy's me sometimes that the idea of buying a Holden totally rubs me up the wrong way, even when Ford has nothing better at the time, or any alternative at all to offer. What the hell is this feeling I ask myself? What has Ford ever done to deserve such loyalty? I have no bloody idea but it's works well.:

Now what was the subject again???
Old 22-11-2007, 08:15 PM   #57
gunmetal_ef
Starter Motor

Based on design, interior and exterior, I would definitely purchase this vehicle. First thing I thought was European.

Love the storage space in this pic...http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-conte...rtwagon_34.jpg

And love the interior trim/set-out of the cabin in this pic...http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-conte...rtwagon_39.jpg

Certainly left Ford in the dark on this one.

Pics from...http://www.caradvice.com.au/7324/hol...re-sportwagon/
gunmetal_ef is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2007, 08:32 PM   #58
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't like the wagon part at all.

Looks way to stretched to me.
ILLaViTaR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post