Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-11-2007, 10:21 PM   #91
Quasi
Boss 290 BA GT Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by XWGT
Dick Johnson, Larry Perkins and Brad Jones

John Bowe as The Stig as Marcos Ambrose is not available :/
I like it. Although Ambrose is too full of himself anyway, and Bowe is a great choice....
The Toy - 03 BA GT In 'Venom', Silver BF Stripe Kit, Non-Premium Sound, Cloth Trim, Auto, 19" Staggered Vertini, Custom Exhaust, Roof DVD

Member of the FPV & XR Owners Club of ACT

Web Links To Check Out

Shannons Club Garage

Facebook Photo Albums
Quasi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2007, 10:39 PM   #92
JACK250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8ute
The kiwi dude from Hi-Octane would be pretty good as well

A BANANA!!!
That brings back memories! Hahaha that show was hilarious!
And driving the 350 horsepower Honda Civic is, A BANANA!
JACK250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2007, 11:04 PM   #93
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Jim Richards as the stig is a good choice. Can drive anything that has wheels and a steering wheel faster than most guys half his age. And is not contracted to anyone who would clash with his stig duties.
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2007, 01:26 AM   #94
Jayden
Graphic Artist

Another thing to consider is how the actual show and tasks make the presenters better. those three have been in other shows that none of us would look twice at. hamster is on some thing called braniac ive seen on TV which is crap, if he wasnt in top gear I would have passed him off as another nobody presenter trying to be funny which he does overwhelmingly appear to be on that show.
Old 22-11-2007, 11:47 AM   #95
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasi
I like it. Although Ambrose is too full of himself anyway, and Bowe is a great choice....

Hence why Marcus would make a perfect Stig.

As the Stig throws the Ferarrai around the bend he listens to Rodney Rude. Dosen't seem to bother him that the 599 is absolute rubbish
Old 22-11-2007, 12:01 PM   #96
boss-290

Paul Morris as the Stig FTW!
boss-290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2007, 01:32 PM   #97
JPDyno

A few people have said Straunie, or the guys from fat pizza. I dont mind either, but seriously? who seriously wants top gear hosted by the fat pizza guys? That'd be funny for a whole of three episodes before the jokes ran out.

Quasi > I agree which the brockie thing, i think he would've loved it too.

I think a good, retired, V8 touring car driver would be a great choice as either a host (as long as they have the sense of humour, which alot of the old champions do) or the stig, but we never really know who the UK stig is and its unlikely we'll know who our stig is. So it doesnt matter, as long as they can drive!
JPDyno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2007, 01:36 PM   #98
Quasi
Boss 290 BA GT Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss-290
Paul Morris as the Stig FTW!
I wouldn't give Paul Morris a job wiping my ***.
The Toy - 03 BA GT In 'Venom', Silver BF Stripe Kit, Non-Premium Sound, Cloth Trim, Auto, 19" Staggered Vertini, Custom Exhaust, Roof DVD

Member of the FPV & XR Owners Club of ACT

Web Links To Check Out

Shannons Club Garage

Facebook Photo Albums
Quasi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2007, 06:15 PM   #99
stmatt
Starter Motor

hahahahahhahahahahahah. Funny.
stmatt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2007, 06:23 PM   #100
hy_boi
Alan! Alan! Alan!

John Bowe FTW, he still cracks some funny ones and can still drive a car at pace, plus with his suspenion work hes done in the past he'd be able to give a very good run down on how the cars are.
hy_boi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2007, 06:24 PM   #101
rodderz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasi
I wouldn't give Paul Morris a job wiping my ***.
lol...couldn't drive a greasy stig up a dog's bum?
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2007, 02:44 AM   #102
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

come on guys, Top Gear is great because these blokes are more comedians than professional drivers. If you want to see professionals driving the cars go watch Fifth Gear, Jason Plato BTCC Champion, Tiff Needell Ex F1 driver.
Top Gear is more about entertainment, sure have a V8 supercar driver but as the Stig and leave it at that.
P.S. Marcus Ambrose isn't going to be coming back to Australia as the Stig. No way will he leave Nascar/Nextel

-Mathematicians have found that due to the excessive amount of women Chuck Norris has slept with, it is guaranteed that he appears in your family tree a minimum of three times

-Chuck Norris doesn't sleep. He waits.

-Chuck Norris once worked as a weatherman for the San Diego evening news. Every night he would make the same forecast: Partly Cloudy with a 75% chance of Pain.
sprjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2007, 08:52 AM   #103
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cracks me up how people refer to Tiff as an ex F1 driver..... his F1 record consists of a DNF and a DNQ.

Top driver none the less
MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2007, 09:13 AM   #104
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

I see capt slow mentioned the XR8 as an aussie car in the latest episode, before JC shot him down saying it has an American motor and it was designed by a Scott
Old 27-11-2007, 11:39 AM   #105
XR_Strider_GuY
Boss for Go, L98 for Show
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8fella
I see capt slow mentioned the XR8 as an aussie car in the latest episode, before JC shot him down saying it has an American motor and it was designed by a Scott
Was great they mentioned the XR8, to divert the topic abit, if they tested the "Import" only Mustang on that straight road run from Shorpe to Lincolnshire, why o why don't they test the XR8/GT/Typhoon from Australia.

Back to the topic at hand I highly doubt Top Gear Aus(the facesimile) will be as good as the original.
Old 27-11-2007, 12:08 PM   #106
Mack 6
SUMP PLUG

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR_Strider_GuY
, why o why don't they test the XR8/GT/Typhoon from Australia.
I think that was covered ages ago. officially from the BBC, they won't do a test on any car that isn't readily available in the UK. Saying that, isn't nispro doing up 400kW F6 Typhoons and importing them over there. They should qualify to be tested now.

I am concerned also the new show would be too PC... I always get into trouble for speaking before I think... I'll host it. anyone else here want to make a demo tape of our own for the SBS??? We can road test viewers cars as part of the show.

PS> I HATE CARAVANS!!!!!!
Mack 6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2007, 12:40 PM   #107
JPDyno

Sorry guys, It wasnt the XR8 may mentioned, it was the VXR8, which they'll be reviewing next episode.

http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/vx/carsand...brandName=vxr8
JPDyno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2007, 03:40 PM   #108
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGPIE
Cracks me up how people refer to Tiff as an ex F1 driver..... his F1 record consists of a DNF and a DNQ.

Top driver none the less
Thats two more starts than you or I had and he raced in the British Formula 1 Championship in 1979, competed in 14 Le Mans 24 hour races, the BTCC, and came 2nd in the 1998 GT1 championship, so yeah I think he qualifies as an expert

-Mathematicians have found that due to the excessive amount of women Chuck Norris has slept with, it is guaranteed that he appears in your family tree a minimum of three times

-Chuck Norris once worked as a weatherman for the San Diego evening news. Every night he would make the same forecast: Partly Cloudy with a 75% chance of Pain.
Old 27-11-2007, 04:14 PM   #109
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPDyno
Sorry guys, It wasnt the XR8 may mentioned, it was the VXR8, which they'll be reviewing next episode.

http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/vx/carsand...brandName=vxr8
Great, will be good to see what they think of it.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2007, 05:03 PM   #110
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprjenkins
Thats two more starts than you or I had and he raced in the British Formula 1 Championship in 1979, competed in 14 Le Mans 24 hour races, the BTCC, and came 2nd in the 1998 GT1 championship, so yeah I think he qualifies as an expert
No plonker that's one more start than you or I.... DNQ = did not qualify

Where did I question his suitability as an expert driver : wind your head back in.
MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2007, 07:56 PM   #111
CAMS290
trying to get a leg over
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8ute
Just read that as well. Sounds good to me.....I wonder who the hosts will be?
Peter Wherret and Mike and Mal Leyland ?
Old 27-11-2007, 08:08 PM   #112
fordAU

SBS produces Top Gear, how wonderful.

I look forward to some riveting commentary from Lee Lin Chin as she takes the Mazda 2 for a power run around Bathurst followed by Amrita Cheema in the Fiat Bambino. :hihi:
fordAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2007, 05:07 AM   #113
Blast2

Default aussie top gear

it would be great to see a Aussie Motor Show on sbs. though i hope it will have enterainment appeal plus awesome cars. do wish they pick up three new faces two guys, one gal or vice versa. :
Blast2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2007, 12:02 PM   #114
SuperMono

There was a very short lived Aussie Top Gear rip off about 3-4 years ago.
Can't recall what they called it, magazine staff providing the faces and a Stig like 'tame racing driver' who may have been Cam McConville.
Went for only a few episodes, looked more pilot than polish and was a blatant copy without the class or content.
But SBS could pull this off if they can place the right faces in front of the camera; I agree the issue being the spread of cars to bring excitement to the laughs.
SuperMono is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2007, 06:41 PM   #115
rodderz

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordAU

I look forward to some riveting commentary from Lee Lin Chin as she takes the Mazda 2 for a power run around Bathurst followed by Amrita Cheema in the Fiat Bambino. :hihi:
lol...is she the bird with the coke bottle glasses, funny hairstyle and talks like a pom?
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2007, 07:15 PM   #116
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGPIE
No plonker that's one more start than you or I.... DNQ = did not qualify

Where did I question his suitability as an expert driver : wind your head back in.
You wind your head back in idiot, I didn't have a go at you personally. So he didn't race, he did start in qualifying but wasn't fast enough to make it into the race starting grid.

I never said that you questioned whether he was an expert, pay attention. All I said in reference to you was that he's had more Formula One experience than you and I. : :

Old 28-11-2007, 07:16 PM   #117
sprjenkins
Spr Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordAU

LOL, that would be pretty funny.