Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-12-2007, 09:12 PM   #1
shepv8
V8's for ever

Default Looking for XB coupe

Hi all,
I have a tough task but am trying to track down an XB coupe my dad sold in wollongong about 1990.
It was a fairmont, T bar - C4 trans, 302 cleveland with 350 holley and single 2 inch sports exh. It had 14 inch mag wheels which were called Delta Concordes. It also had an aftermarket sunroof. It was traded in on a blue ford meteor in dapto or unanderra and was painted metallic dark brown at the time. The bonnet was a standard bonnet, not the GS/GT bonnet but it did have locking pins fitted.
Am trying to track down the chassis no's but the rego plates were GPZ-098.
If this jogs any ones memory I would really appreciate hearing from you

Last edited by shepv8; 11-12-2007 at 09:21 PM.
shepv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2007, 09:47 PM   #2
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

good luck mate, your best bet would be to get the chassis numbers. Unfortunately a lot of coupes have gone to 'coupe heaven'

Twin Horns 8-9/74 and lower horn dated 7-8/74, GT hubcaps. GT aircleaner. Please pm me if you can help
xe351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2007, 10:03 PM   #3
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepv8
It was traded in on a blue ford meteor in dapto or unanderra
:
Holden made the decision to make thier utes for pretty boys years ago. Wannabe tradesman drive them. If my son came home and told me he bought a holden ute I would struggle to come to grips with the fact he is a homosexual.
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2007, 10:10 PM   #4
shepv8
V8's for ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by xe351
good luck mate, your best bet would be to get the chassis numbers. Unfortunately a lot of coupes have gone to 'coupe heaven'
Yeah, it was suffering from a bit of rust and it was 17 years ago so its along shot, but just maybe someone may remember the car or may know someone who may have owned it since. Rego papers are a tough find 17 years on!!!
shepv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2007, 07:13 AM   #5
cob115
COUPE WHORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepv8
Hi all,
I have a tough task but am trying to track down an XB coupe my dad sold in wollongong about 1990.
It was a fairmont, T bar - C4 trans, 302 cleveland with 350 holley and single 2 inch sports exh. It had 14 inch mag wheels which were called Delta Concordes. It also had an aftermarket sunroof. It was traded in on a blue ford meteor
good luck ,have you went to your local rego place ?they wont tell you who owns it now ,thats if it even survived but the may tell you if your lucky if the old girl is still registard wicth ma provide a glimer of hope.now days we read "traded for a meteor "and laugh ,ya just gota remember years ago no one wanted coupes,my old boss traded his xc cobra in on a new vn v6 commodor,thankfuly i was lucky to have it turn up again in my lifee and didnt waste any time snapping it up ,you schould put some pics up if ya have any,,

1974 Malvern Star Dragstar pushbike mods; bald back tyre, big sissy bar, speckled paint job and buckled front wheel
cob115 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2007, 09:09 AM   #6
desGT

Just a thought. Contact VicRoads(?) and see of registration is still in use. If so, I believe they can contact the owner on your behalf (the owner can ignore you - I used this method to try and get a set of plates that were "owned" but not being used).
desGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post