Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-01-2008, 11:52 PM   #31
waggaclint
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Cubey - is there anything wrong with the Ute? If not, have you considered installing a kid's seat in the ute? It sort of fits in between the two front seats, on top of the console - sounds weird, but apparently works well. I've seen one in a BA ute, and I'm sure I've seen a pic of one on here too!
and very dangerous if ya have an accident......
waggaclint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2008, 12:08 PM   #32
Mr Cube
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Cubey - is there anything wrong with the Ute?
Sssh I may try and sell it on here... Nah its still good and Jacq still loves it, Its just getting a bit unpractical and expensive as my drive to work car. So the idea was to downsive too a 4door, 4 banger. It was my idea to still have some good poke in there also.

AUI VCT:
To date - Big brake upgrade, Koni and Kings all round, 2.5 cat back ready for replacing, 19" again ready for replacing.

Planned - Too much now I got the baby back.
Mr Cube is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2008, 12:21 PM   #33
Disciple
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Cube
Yeah I like the Evo, my Black Kelpie X is named Evo after the car..

I rekon this one would be a perfect fit in my family. But how to convince the wife, she isn't a big fan of the Evo look.
http://www.topsecretimports.com.au/car.jsp?k=STK049

Also Im not sure about the import market, things to look out for, servicing etc etc..
If you wanna look at an EVO, go to http://internationalmotorgroup.com.au. They're the best import place I've read about, heard about and even used myself at one stage. Andrew down there is a real genuine guy. Keep in mind an EVO that sort of old will be pretty uncomfortable as a daily, but if that doesn't bug you, my god they're a cracking drive. They will pants anything else for the money.
Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2008, 12:44 PM   #34
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by waggaclint
and very dangerous if ya have an accident......
How would you know that? I'm not talking a dodgy install here, but a proper 3rd seat fitted, just like a dickie seat in a wagon.

You know what the most dangerous thing in a car is that could cause an accident? The driver.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2008, 12:45 PM   #35
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Cube
Sssh I may try and sell it on here... Nah its still good and Jacq still loves it, Its just getting a bit unpractical and expensive as my drive to work car. So the idea was to downsive too a 4door, 4 banger. It was my idea to still have some good poke in there also.
Sounds like a good idea. Might as well try to retain some poke if you have to drop a few cylinders.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

Old 06-01-2008, 07:19 PM   #36
waggaclint
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
How would you know that? I'm not talking a dodgy install here, but a proper 3rd seat fitted, just like a dickie seat in a wagon.

You know what the most dangerous thing in a car is that could cause an accident? The driver.
why do you think when ford 1st bought out the AU ute you counldnt get it with a passenger airbag....if it goes of it could kill a child...the best spot for kids is behind the driver or passenger seats in the rear....
waggaclint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2008, 09:01 PM   #37
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by waggaclint
why do you think when ford 1st bought out the AU ute you counldnt get it with a passenger airbag....if it goes of it could kill a child...the best spot for kids is behind the driver or passenger seats in the rear....
Yes, and where do you think the seat I am talking about goes? Away from any airbags.