Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 09-01-2008, 09:07 PM   #1
RJO89
EuroFordClub

Default Altezza style lights

I'm in the market for a set of altezza style tail-lights. I know you can buy them from european-parts.net, but I was wondering if anyone knew of somewhere more local where you can buy them from? (link: http://www.european-parts.net/catalo...roducts_id=500)

I've also seen on that same website a set of headlights that look very similar to altezza style tail-lights. Here's a link: http://www.european-parts.net/catalo...roducts_id=722.

They would all be good to fit on a LT CL focus, wouldn't they? Pretty straight forward installation. I did it on my 92 magna before I got my focus, but I'm a bit hesitant to pull apart a brand new car! Also, you don't void any warranties by doing this sort of stuff, do you?

Cheers,
edgecrusher89

RJO89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2008, 01:20 PM   #2
Dan1990EA
Low profiles

you can get the altezza's on ebay user name is performancelamps

as for the warranties, well yes but no, yes because its not the original part so if you screw it up and the wiring burns out or something then its basically your problem to fix.
Old 11-01-2008, 02:24 PM   #3
BlackLS
yum

For the headlight you just need to undo the big screw at the top of the light, using a big flat screwdriver or torq (star) bit, then there should be a clip towards the bottom of the back of the headlight. Pull the headlight forward (to the front of the car) then swivvel the indicator side of the light upwards (so the high beam sort of stays in the same spot). To remove the wiring clip, use a small flat bladed screw driver in that slot and sort of pry it backwards whilst pulling on the plug.

For the tail lights you need a torq (star) bit. Not too sure on the size tho. They should just pull out.

A lot of these lights use the same bulb and holder as the standard so they'll be safe. If they're LEDs then they use less power anyway so they are probably safe.

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2008, 08:52 PM   #4
RJO89
EuroFordClub

Just took the tail light assembly apart to see how hard it would be to replace the altezza style lights. Turns out you don't need a torq bit to undo the screws. Just get a 4mm screwdriver. Works just as well.
Gonna put in the order for my tail lights tonight. Probably order the head lights next week sometime.
RJO89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post