Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-03-2008, 01:13 PM   #1
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Sunshine Ford

As you do, we requested a brochure on the new Falcon about three weeks ago from the Ford website, got it in the mail the other day. last night we got a call from Sunshine Ford, the same salesman we were talking to about a FPV and the Mondeo a few months ago at the dealer, he was asking if we recieved the brochure alright and we got chatting about the FG, he mentioned that there was going to be a day full of testdrives and a bbq and said he would send us out an invitation.

If Ford are listening, this is the kind of dealers we need all over the country, they're not in your face, and are very friendly.

has anybody else had positive experiences with dealers in their area?

i thought this would be a nice idea since lately all we seem to hear are negative comments on the dealers.

GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2008, 01:16 PM   #2
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The experience I have had recently is with Denmac Ford and its been really positive. Not pushy but really informative. They have a bbq every Saturday and are only to happy to talk frankly about not only new but used vehicles
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2008, 02:06 PM   #3
Bossxr8
Peter Car

You must be making it up, Ford don't have good dealers, its company policy.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2008, 02:44 PM   #4
fmc351
let it burn

Most complaints revolved around servicing, not sales.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2008, 02:48 PM   #5
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

3 years ago when I was looking at a new Territory, Denmac at Indooroopilly was very good. The first salesman nearly made me walk off the lot, just a young, arrogant so-and-so. But the guy that I ended up taling to was alot older and was the Fleet Manager. Really nice guy and very accomodating.

But their Service department, well that is another story and thread altogether.
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2008, 03:47 PM   #6
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
Most complaints revolved around servicing, not sales.
You hear plenty of stories of rude dealers, and most of them seem to never return calls. Product knowledge is pretty poor too. All areas of the dealerships need work.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2008, 04:53 PM   #7
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ive only had good experiences at Power Ford in caslte hill, sydney.. even charged me trade price! although i asked for a quote on the 95k service for a ba falcon and they over charged by $200..
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2008, 05:58 PM   #8
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

When i was looking for another car (BA XR6) was going to trade the TE50 (glad i didnt) i was talking to a guy at Torque ford at North Lakes and he was the most helpful salesperson i had ever met and helped me in everyway.
Might have been due to the fact that i heard him on the phone to the other Torque ford dealer in Strathpine saying he "Wanted my TE in his yard" dunno : he didnt get it though
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2008, 08:01 PM   #9
Lightning Strike XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is this now called chapion ford in miami?

Dad got his new SR there said guy was great.
Lightning Strike XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2008, 08:31 PM   #10
EF Hoon
Sideways in my 33!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
ive only had good experiences at Power Ford in caslte hill, sydney.. even charged me trade price! although i asked for a quote on the 95k service for a ba falcon and they over charged by $200..
i would never go there to get ur car serviced, i work in that area, nearly t-boned a young (insert word here) giving a customers BF GT a test drive whilst looking at his phone. and all i hear through the day is cars getting hammered through that area, all getting serviced from the dealers.
EF Hoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2008, 09:17 PM   #11
SirHenry
Falcon Unbelievable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery
The experience I have had recently is with Denmac Ford and its been really positive. Not pushy but really informative. They have a bbq every Saturday and are only to happy to talk frankly about not only new but used vehicles

Denmac Darra have saved my bacon quite a few times and for not too many dollars either very very efficient service dept.
SirHenry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2008, 09:49 PM   #12
CADSKY
'01 AU11 XR8 UTE

the guy i brought my car from last week at Q ford was a nice guy, maybe a little pushy, but not too bad overall, anyways im getten an FPV shirt and a drive of a BF GT 2morro so yeah pretty happy with that

CURRENT
'01 AU2 XR8 UTE - 5 SPEED MANUAL.
MUCH WORK TO DO.

PREVIOUS
'07 BF MK11 XR6 - 6 SPEED AUTO
'95 EF XR6 - 5 SPEED MANUAL

See my car HERE
CADSKY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2008, 10:09 PM   #13
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnomc
Is this now called chapion ford in miami?

Dad got his new SR there said guy was great.
nah sunshine ford moved to ashmore near surfers city holden.
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2008, 10:51 PM   #14
dave351cid
playing in my big shed

i delt with the maroochydore ford dealers a bit whe i was living there and found them pretty helpful with any warrenty jobs on the ute and a few other jobs through my business, also Reef City Ford here at gladstone have been good.
`04 BA XR6 Turbo sedan. Blueprint. auto, Leather trim.
`03 BA XLS ute . Acid Rush, factory lpg, auto,
`48 TEA20 Grey Ferguson,
`62 Willys 6-230 , 4x4 light truck
`04 Yamaha TTR 250
dave351cid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2008, 11:09 PM   #15
XR6Dan
Why??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirHenry
Denmac Darra have saved my bacon quite a few times and for not too many dollars either very very efficient service dept.
+1 For Denmac Darra, never had a problem there
XR6Dan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2008, 04:45 PM   #16
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Only bought from Freeway Ford at Cranny! Dont even bother with others quotes now and they service all of them, picking and dropping them off when done to Dandy. Even when I was looking at an FPV they did the searching and sent me to dealers that had the cars I was after. They are getting there FPV dealer happening ready for FG which I wil be happy about!!!!

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2008, 06:11 PM   #17
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Dale Ford in Bankstown have been pretty good to me.

I had a knocking noice in the rear, thought it was the rear diff bolt, and though the car was well out of warranty, they took the rear end out, had a look over it all, found nothing wrong, and put it back in, as well as doing the brake hose campaign while they had it, and didn't charge me a cent for it.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2008, 09:25 PM   #18
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

Had a good salesperson at Champion Ford back in 2003 when I bought my first BA, tried him again this year when I was looking for my new GT, and he fizzled out a bit. That was Steve Rooney, been there 10 years. Service dept there....ok, not brilliant.

Bought my new car (GT-P) from Byrt ford at Mt Gravatt, Both Ben the manager and Rachelle whom I did the deal with were excellant. Top marks indeed.

Surfside Ford had 1 good salesperson too, Matt Bielby. Very switched on and helpfull with what little stock he had to work with, but they couldnt get me a car at all and couldnt match my best prices.

And finally Jason Quinn from Jeff Wignall Ford in Vic, this guy really pulled out the stops to help me out, dropped a GT-P price for me that was a ripper, I ended up getting the same car locally, so didnt do the deal with him, but nothing was too much trouble for him. And as a thank you for assisting me, I put someone onto the car I didnt buy and he bought it.

I wont mention all the bad sales people as there were quite a few of those. But special mention was Trevan Ford in Lismore, very unhelpfull, and Grawill Ford in Gossford took out the biggest Klanger award, that fella was a mongoloid in the first degree.

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2008, 05:13 PM   #19
Lightning Strike GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TE50 056
When i was looking for another car (BA XR6) was going to trade the TE50 (glad i didnt) i was talking to a guy at Torque ford at North Lakes and he was the most helpful salesperson i had ever met and helped me in everyway.
Might have been due to the fact that i heard him on the phone to the other Torque ford dealer in Strathpine saying he "Wanted my TE in his yard" dunno : he didnt get it though
Bit long but bear with it??

I bought my BF from Bryan Byrt at MtGravatt and the sales were A1 to say the least BUT as I live in the area of North Lakes, I don't know about the sales area but I would not take the car back to the service are even if hell froze over
1st warranty job was to replace a shock as it leaked OK they did it fine but the car was left in a shocking state after it - greasy , oily paw prints all over the front guard and on the door handle and steering wheel and the wheel nuts were done up that tight I needed a 2 foot breaker bar and an socket extension just to crack the seal with me standing on it.
2nd - I know I should not of gone back but it was urgent for an electrical fault - they had it for 3 days and they may of pulled the car apart fine but it was not put back together in the same manner - the steering colum shroud was not aligned with the lock tabs that hold them together and 1 screw was missing from underneath, the console was not fully secured and the wires were poking out fron under the tissue box, the car phone kit was not working, rear seat squab was not located it was just sitting there, the rear RHS scuff plate was missing but I found it on the rear floor pan under the loose seat, the boot lining was not re secured on the RHS, the RHS tail light assembly was not connected at the main loom.
The best part is this it was in for an electrical fault not a mechanical fault so no driving was warranted and it done 4 unanswered kms and the ave fuel was at 99.9 when I first got back into it.
Due to public transport in Brisbane I was suppose to collect the car at 530pm but I turned up at approx 535pm rang them and kept them informed and that was a mortal sin to the service manager who snuck a few quick remarks in about that.
I knew there was something wrong when I got out to the street , put the right blinker on and when a bulb does not work it flashes quickly you all know that, and by the time i could get back there (doing legal U-Turns etc and not running lights) it was about 5 mins later and the service was shut up nice and tight but there was 2 sales staff left one rang the service manager but there was no answer ??? and one went to get a bulb for me and that is when we found the stuff in the boot not done.
To cut the longer story to long the service manager was a bit hoo humm about it and in my opinion by his demeaner he did not really give a rats his story was what sounded like he was reading from a monotone book bring it back leave it here and we will fix it.
I took it in on the Sat morn as prommised - 2 days later - and I was supposed to be the first car at 7am I was there for 1 1/2 hours not 1 person looked at the car and in disgust I just lent over the counter grabbed my keys gave the service manager a serve went home and put the car back togeter my self taking pictures and video of what I found all the way.
I sent an email to the DP of that dealership and CC'd the FORD CRC in the same email on the Monday
The FORD CRC got back to me with a track number for future correspondence in a few days but to this day I am still waitng for the DP or Service maanger to get back to me
This was in Nov 07
Lightning Strike GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post