Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 06-04-2008, 11:02 AM   #1
v8snerlo
v8snerlo

Default AUII Six Stacker Headunit Problem

Now I have asked this in the audio section but thought that I would try here as well just to try and chase as many answers as possible. It happened overnight again. I come down to go out this morning and the red LED on the left hand side of the six stacker stock audio player is on. Switch the ignition on and nothing. Now I've had this before and all I did was pull the unit out, unplug it and then plug the power back in and she would start working. Well that didn't work this morning and when I plugged it back in it doesn't recognise that there is six discs in there. It makes a couple strange clicking noises like it is trying but nothing. I am ready to throw this bloody thing on the ground and buy an aftermarket headunit but I really like having the six stacker as well as the stock look of it in the dash. Because the dash is rounded it would look silly placing a straight faced aftermarket one in the hole. What can I do. Does anyone know how to fix these things before I ring and abuse Ford. I know that they had huge problems with these things but any advice is very welcomed. Thanks alot.
Leon.

2008 VW Passat R36 Wagon - Black, Leather, DSG, 18" Omanyt, Sunroof, LED Mods = Best and quickest car I've owned

Previous Rides
2006 VW Jetta 2.0L FSI Turbo
2000 AUII XR8 (200kw) - Miss my old girl
1996 EF Falcon Gli - Rare manual
1988 Mazda 626 Hatch
1982 Mazda 626 Sedan
v8snerlo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2008, 12:31 PM   #2
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Shoot a pm off to the gang at ASL they are site sponsors and the OES on theese head units , and a good bunch to deal with as well
http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=126

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2008, 02:13 PM   #3
No Judge
That's Numberwang!!!

As with Whoosh get it looked at. Or if you take out the unit, and undo all the screws around the back of the unit and lift the cover off. This exposes the stacker bit, you can then pull the CDs out one by one. But be careful not to break the little plastic thingys in the stacker, or its byebye stacker. Plug the unit back in, let it whirr away for a few seconds and it should work again.

My understanding is the unit doesnt recognise the CDs because one of them has probably come off centre of jumped of the 'spinning thing' (dont know what its called, like a turntable). And by taking the CDs out, it fixes this problem.

This does not guarantee that it will not happen again, its just a quick-fix that i do to mine when it stuffs.

Im unsure about the red LED and why it is on, it might mean something??

FAIRMONT GHIA: SO GOOD, THEY NAMED THEY NEW FALCON AFTER 'EM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr6 ausome
Nah the roads to high, your car can never be to low lol
No Judge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2008, 02:16 AM   #4
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has helped a number of AFF members with their cars, particularly with EEC tuning Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with sound technical advice. 

When i was working as an electronics tech most of them we could fix first by removing all discs and giving the unit a service. but i couldn't purchase parts could only send the unit to FMS for anything more, and i think it costed about $150 for a changeover. Most of them we could fix first by removing all discs and giving the unit a service.

Sounds like the problem your is having is when you turn the car off its not returning the discs into their rested position and thus the fault. if you do pull it apart you will see the rubber rollers that move it, you could try cleaning them with alcohol to give them grip on the CD's.
5.0 ED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2008, 01:40 PM   #5
v8snerlo
v8snerlo

Well I had the unit fixed by ASL. I posted it Monday and got it back Friday arvo. Replaced some internal bits with the latest E class mechanism. All works great. Cost $336. Probably not cheap but it would've cost the same for me to rock into a dealer and for them to replace it with another one that has come from who knows where. Give ASL a call if you have any dramas with the head units.
Leon.

2008 VW Passat R36 Wagon - Black, Leather, DSG, 18" Omanyt, Sunroof, LED Mods = Best and quickest car I've owned

Previous Rides
2006 VW Jetta 2.0L FSI Turbo
2000 AUII XR8 (200kw) - Miss my old girl
1996 EF Falcon Gli - Rare manual
1988 Mazda 626 Hatch
1982 Mazda 626 Sedan
v8snerlo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2008, 09:48 PM   #6
BLU XR

I Have Same Problem ,auii Xr6 Ute 02 Premium Sound.all I Do Is Remove ,replace Radio Fuse In Fuse Box,cd Unit Makes Some Sounds Then Good As Gold.been Ok For So Far.
BLU XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post