Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-03-2008, 09:12 PM   #1
v8boss

Default Crap service from parts suppliers

Is it me attracting bad luck or are parts suppliers the world over absolutely rubbish at giving reasonable service? Note, Im not even asking for good or exceptional service, just reasonable! I am in the middle of building a fairly serious engine, lots of good/expensive gear in it and need to buy parts for it. Trying to deal with people in the states has caused me to just about want to jump on a plane and go there myself, take the parts off the shelf myself, measure them myself, do the credit card transaction on thier machine myself, and then leave! I cant beleive that a country that is screaming about chinese made copies undercutting their product, credit problems and a recession, can still be so blase about selling stuff. I have been dealing with Canton, trying to buy a new sump, and they really dont want to know. I tried calling them direct, and after being on hold for ages, I was told to go to thier UK agent. I'm in New Zealand!
And dont think that its just the yanks that are bad, I have been dealing with a BIG parts supplier in aus, trying to buy bits and pieces. After waiting 1 1/2 weeks for a part that should have been here in three days, it finally turned up addressed to the wrong house. And on opening the box, ITS BLOODY WRONG! Even though I gave them the part number, and sent emails asking for confirmation that it was the type of part I wanted, it was still wrong. So I ring instead of emailing, only to be told that yes, we will have to do something about that. What Im more interested in is, where are my correct parts? "oh yes, i will send through an email back to you in 5 or 10 minutes, rather than keeping you on hold" Well, 4 hours later, still no email. I tell you, it does my head in. Does anyone out there actually give good service?
Sorry for the rant, I had to get it off my chest : :

Old 28-04-2008, 12:54 AM   #2
Mickxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

we like our u/s cars. we have had no problems dealing with them. all the stuff we have bought has been airfreighted (fedex or ups) within 10 days and with the good exchange rate it costs us about 2/3 priice and a months wait for shiiping
Mickxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2008, 11:15 PM   #3
steamin63
old skool

mate i've had the same problem with "rocket". they sent me the wrong oil pump 3 times and when they did get it right they charged me more than what i was quoted.
Old 28-04-2008, 11:54 PM   #4
fpr_esp
351 xe s pac

V.p.w