Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-04-2008, 07:07 PM   #31
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This morning at about 9:20am, when people were saying they were paying $1.51 in Hampton Park (on the radio), Petrol Plus was 1.35, and the cars were lined up needless to say.

I think high petrol prices are a reality that people need to accept, rather than continuously hope that prices will collapse, as I cannot see it happening.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2008, 08:22 PM   #32
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

I thought 146.9 was today.
no joke, less than 1/2hr later, at the same servo my old man paid 155.9c/ltr

Clowns, get rid of the excise!!!

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2008, 08:40 PM   #33
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

145cpl for BP Ultimate at North Lakes (Brisbane Nthside), ulp still hadnt gone up as of 5pm today 132cpl. Bet it has now though. I feel for some of you guys in other states, if i were still in NSW id be out of my V8 already and probably will be if it continues to rise.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2008, 08:52 PM   #34
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Tonko]
I thought 146.9 was today.
no joke, less than 1/2hr later, at the same servo my old man paid 155.9c/ltr

Clowns, get rid of the excise!!!
The government wont EVER get rid of that excise, they make too much money off it. What they need to do is stop spending our tax money on useless and get rid of or half the excise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2008, 09:28 PM   #35
XD 351 Ute
Excessive Fuel Ingestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by whales
but here in Aus. we have to pay more in the country. They call it cartage costs over here
Yes, very strange that.
Our local port gets shiploads (no I didn't swap the T for a P to get around the filter either..) as this is where our fuel is landed, and you can drive down the road just 50km, and pay less for fuel than in town.
Travel another 100km south and it gets cheaper again.
Their fuel is the SAME FUEL we have here, and it costs less 150km away even after they've transported it there.

Even funnier depending on your perspective, is that back in 1980, my Dad was running a servo in town, and the profit then on fuel was about 2 cents a litre.
The fuel companies and the middle men took the rest.

Fast forward to now, and you'll appreciate the fact that most private servo owners have been long since wiped out, so now the companies make even more $$$$$'s............

Who knows where it will end!

Ed
XD 351 Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2008, 10:25 PM   #36
Buddy 1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Don't we still pay a tax on a tax for fuel? That is, we pay excise AND gst for fuel?

Thank johnny for that!
You are Dead right, we always had the Excise tax which is about 38 cents a litre however Howard also placed a 10% GST on it so this just keeps going up because the overall price goes up.

So yes a Tax on a Tax.

Why not remove the GST straight away, I will tell you why because the Goverment is making a fortune out of it & does not want to lose it even though we have a Huge Surpless & could afford to do it.

It should never have been imposed in the first place.

Is about $1.60 a litre here for 91
Buddy 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2008, 12:22 AM   #37
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

$1.65.9, and had a full empty tank :( ... filled up my AU with 66 litres - was around $111 or something too fill her up, and already down too 3/4 of a tank *cries*
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2008, 01:00 AM   #38
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by whales
I was recently in NZ and noticed there fuel prices were about the same whether in the city or in the country, but here in Aus. we have to pay more in the country.
They call it cartage costs over here but they don't seem to have that cost in the land of the long white feather. :
yes but a 20-30km drive is a day trip for a kiwi!
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2008, 01:58 AM   #39
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Fuel in ACT today was 152.9. LPG was 69.9 (cheapest it's been for a few weeks)
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2008, 10:38 AM   #40
ECOJET

lol

public transport to work here, lpg fueled car for whenever i need to drive... gotta change your lifestyles or stop whinging if it bothers you.
Old 24-04-2008, 02:19 PM   #41
rennie
BA Falcon, AUII. R.I.P.

These petrol prices are going to screw us all over. Its funny how the CEO of oil companies make small fortunes each week when the average joe is struggling to make ends meet.

AUII Forte: 18 Inch Tickford Wheels, Pioneer Head Unit, Kicker Speakers, Lowered, Tinted Windows.

R.I.P.

Current: 2004 BA Silk Falcon Futura

Mods:
Tinted Windows
Wheels: RJR 18" Tremors.
Sound: Soon: JVC DV7205 DVD Head Unit, Blaupunkt 480W RMS 4Ch Amp x 2, Polk Momo 6.5" Splits, Polk Momo 6"x9", Pheonix Gold 1500W Mono Block Amp, Earthquake SubZero Subwoofer

rennie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2008, 09:57 AM   #42
dave289
Banned

Enjoy $1.60 a litre while it lasts.I've been told to expect $3.00 a litre in the next five years.Anybody got a pushbike for sale?

I thinks its about time they reduced the amount of tax we pay on fuel.the more it goes up the more profit the government also sucks from our pockets.they use to say we pay 33c in the dollar for petrol tax now how much are they sucking from us now,vampire bats come to mind.
dave289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2008, 02:20 PM   #43
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECOJET
lol

public transport to work here, lpg fueled car for whenever i need to drive... gotta change your lifestyles or stop whinging if it bothers you.
Sure, I will get a saddle made up for a cow shall I?
Or would you prefer i walk to work?
Easy to say when you live in the city/CBD
Yuppie.

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2008, 03:59 PM   #44
HSVKILLA
moonlight rider

Today i went past three petrol stations within a stones throw of each other,the first was 1.88$ unleaded 91, the next was 1.85$ unleaded 91,and last of all 1.83$ unleaded 91, and this was at the same time : ,it is also bizzare to see diesel at 1.51$,this is what we were paying for unleaded 91 just a few months back : :
HSVKILLA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2008, 04:04 PM   #45
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVKILLA
Today i went past three petrol stations within a stones throw of each other,the first was 1.88$ unleaded 91, the next was 1.85$ unleaded 91,and last of all 1.83$ unleaded 91, and this was at the same time : ,it is also bizzare to see diesel at 1.51$,this is what we were paying for unleaded 91 just a few months back : :
BP always have their prices up on everyone else (eg diesel is 1.57 v Shell at 1.51, and BP LPG is 1.32 v Shell, Mobil, Caltex at 1.20), so I try to not go there, too bad they do good coffees.

Dunno how reliable it is but I have heard BP are preparing for 91 to be at 2.30 by the end of the year in NZ.
smoo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2008, 12:05 AM   #46
Sloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoo
BP always have their prices up on everyone else (eg diesel is 1.57 v Shell at 1.51, and BP LPG is 1.32 v Shell, Mobil, Caltex at 1.20), so I try to not go there, too bad they do good coffees.

Dunno how reliable it is but I have heard BP are preparing for 91 to be at 2.30 by the end of the year in NZ.
Gawd I hope not... up 50 cents, it probably won't happen. It's like a couple of years ago when everyone was certain it would be $2.00 by Christmas but it actually went down. Then again, wasn't 91 $1.30ish at the start of 2007? Thats a 50 cent difference.

Last edited by Sloth; 26-04-2008 at 12:11 AM.
Sloth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2008, 08:06 AM   #47
Buddy 1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth
Gawd I hope not... up 50 cents, it probably won't happen. It's like a couple of years ago when everyone was certain it would be $2.00 by Christmas but it actually went down. Then again, wasn't 91 $1.30ish at the start of 2007? Thats a 50 cent difference.
OMG if Fuel gets that high there by the Bay you would have to go & Sit on top of Mt MAUNGANUI & ponder what it used to be like to Drive :
Buddy 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2008, 08:18 AM   #48
exrtnz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not too worried as long as it stays below $2 a litre, and when the US dollar strengthens prices will come down.
Old 26-04-2008, 08:37 AM   #49
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was in Auckland a fortnight ago and I'm sure it was 1.89 then I remember the driver going in to histerics with my barrage of profanity at the price

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2008, 12:05 AM   #50
Sloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy 1
OMG if Fuel gets that high there by the Bay you would have to go & Sit on top of Mt MAUNGANUI & ponder what it used to be like to Drive :
Nah, too much of a workout to get up there. I do my pondering from the couch.
Old 27-04-2008, 03:48 AM   #51
jeremyevans

we've got a 2 day refinery strike in britain tomorrow and that is going to get the prices soaring even ridiculously higher and there's going to be a shortage. people are already panic buying. and garages will be limiting to 20 pounds of fuel per car. (about 140-150 miles worth).

welcome to great britain!
jeremyevans is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2008, 07:27 PM   #52
ieatsports_cars
proud member of the MFCC

i live in maryborough qld fuel is abut 136.9 a litre today at caltex hervey bay is a 30 minute drive form maryborough and it is 10 cent more, bundaburg is 1 and 110 mins hour away from maryborough and it is cheaper than hervey bay, i just brough a push bike to ride to work and back because it is getting beyond a joke. if it keeps going up people will more likly to do a fuel ban for a couple of days.
ieatsports_cars is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2008, 10:34 AM   #53
ECOJET

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Tonko]
Sure, I will get a saddle made up for a cow shall I?
Or would you prefer i walk to work?
Easy to say when you live in the city/CBD
Yuppie.
you're obviously an exception, though you still should get an lpg conversion as it would pay itself off pretty quickly.
BUT a large majority of people are driving to work and many in big heavy cars when they could ride a bike or get public transport very easily.
Old 29-04-2008, 11:01 AM   #54
gz1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECOJET
BUT a large majority of people are driving to work and many in big heavy cars when they could ride a bike or get public transport very easily.
That is true however the government is heavily fining some of those that choose to do so. How? by the use of FBT. Those that lease their cars are charged a tax based on the mileage they travel. The less mileage the greater the tax. So if they choose to use public transport, bike etc they have to pay extra taxes in tune of many thousands of dollars. Further more if they do use their car every day, the fuel is a tax deduction, whilst if they use public transport the cost is not.
Therefore whilst the option of public transport, bike, walk etc are there and easy to use, the heavy fine for doing so not only outweighs any benefits but also makes it very expensive.
gz1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2008, 01:06 PM   #55
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

gotta love the govt.

blame inflation on the people because they spend too much on fuel, but keep taking copious amounts of tax each time we buy it! nice work guys, good to see you have the peoples interests at heart!

cut excise, reduce inflation, reduce interest rates. and i failed economics!
Old 29-04-2008, 02:31 PM   #56
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Fuel sucks... I now have to look at a fuel levy.. Deisel has gone up about 18% since Jan. (When I earn $1200 bucks on a quick job and spend 450 on fuel it gets a bit sad)

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
superpursuit83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post