Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 23-04-2008, 11:09 PM   #1
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 
Default WSID tonight what the??!!!

I saw tragedy after tragedy tonight. A few fords and 90% breakdown rate. I still cant get over the amount with problems!! Did anyone else see that mess tonight? I think I should have brought a priest with me to bless their cars!!

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2008, 11:39 PM   #2
debacle-racing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

were the time boards working?
debacle-racing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2008, 11:44 PM   #3
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

The time boards were fine..I am exaggerating.Half the cars shat themselves unfortunately. One guy with a typhoon ran a best of 13.3 then splat coolant on the track.Some el blew a radiator hose.I saw an xa blow a driveline or gearbox...Ive never seen so many breakages.It was uncanny.Especially since i took my nephews and kids to watch the fords run.

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Old 24-04-2008, 01:36 AM   #4
Stav
Smile

It wasnt all that bad though..We saw an xw/y pull 11 second passes.Theres nothig like watching some old school muscle rip those times.

Old 24-04-2008, 12:48 PM   #5
MYV8
Gota be happy with a Hump
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stav
It wasnt all that bad though..We saw an xw/y pull 11 second passes.Theres nothig like watching some old school muscle rip those times.
Rich in his XA Coupe did a couple of 10 sec passes (10.3 best) before his transmission shat itself again, on third pass.
Didn't need to tape underbelly as I was home in time to watch it. LoL.

BluePower Racing Developments ............... Best in the Business
MYV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2008, 01:32 PM   #6
Stav
Smile

There were some fast cars there last night but did you see that sleeper white vy commodore last night? That thing was smoking!! It looked like a company car and it ran 11's!! I have a big soft spot for sleepers. There were fast looking cars last night but that vy made my jaw drop!! Impressive for such a subtle looking car.

Old 24-04-2008, 02:23 PM   #7
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYV8
Rich in his XA Coupe did a couple of 10 sec passes (10.3 best) before his transmission shat itself again, on third pass.
Didn't need to tape underbelly as I was home in time to watch it. LoL.
poor bugger - he knows how to take a hit, poor richo.

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2008, 05:52 PM   #8
Stav
Smile

I was video taping the coupe run as I knew it was gonna be hot...then it drove slowly the rest of the way.I was dissapointed for the guy...I am destroying the video too,.

Btw the vy commy raced a chammelion colour xr6t on the night which changed colour when you look at it from an angle.That thing pulled 12.8 on that run.It looked faster than it went. It is a real eye opener watching these runs.
I also saw an 11 second phoon run 13.3 on the night. I knew the bloke but wont say who it was .Me and the kids went up to say hello and as soon as his mates turned up t was like we werent there. A few manners would have not gone astray.Maybe I should buy a phoon and build that from the ground up so to show those blokes that they arent as good as what they think they are.
It really goes to show that real life can be made glamorous on the internet with smokescreens and bs.

Last edited by Stav; 24-04-2008 at 06:02 PM.
Old 24-04-2008, 07:24 PM   #9
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepower
All good, he's getting it fixed under warrenty spoke to Rich this arvo he's stoked.
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2008, 08:03 PM   #10
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I was video taping the coupe run as I knew it was gonna be hot...then it drove slowly the rest of the way.I was dissapointed for the guy...I am destroying the video too,.

Btw the vy commy raced a chammelion colour xr6t on the night which changed colour when you look at it from an angle.That thing pulled 12.8 on that run.It looked faster than it went. It is a real eye opener watching these runs.
I also saw an 11 second phoon run 13.3 on the night. I knew the bloke but wont say who it was .Me and the kids went up to say hello and as soon as his mates turned up t was like we werent there. A few manners would have not gone astray.Maybe I should buy a phoon and build that from the ground up so to show those blokes that they arent as good as what they think they are.
It really goes to show that real life can be made glamorous on the internet with smokescreens and bs.
Wow there champ, untill you run a car with some good power you will realise the issues/problems/mishaps you can get with them and you will be alot less critical there Stav.

Spoke to the guy with the pearl T6, really nice guy and did well in his manual and on street tyres considering the power he had, not easy at all with his setup.
Old 24-04-2008, 08:39 PM   #11
hot460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepower
I know how to damage a box thats for sure...... Its all good though, getting fixed under warranty and there putting in a trans brake this time! :
Old 24-04-2008, 09:10 PM   #12
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcams
Wow there champ, untill you run a car with some good power you will realise the issues/problems/mishaps you can get with them and you will be alot less critical there Stav.

Spoke to the guy with the pearl T6, really nice guy and did well in his manual and on street tyres considering the power he had, not easy at all with his setup.
As a spectator it would have been nice to see it rip a 10 or 11 second pass.It was a ford after all. You are right though. From up in the stand it all looks easier than it is. Im sure that a high powered car would have me learning quite a few new things . That white vy made it look so easy though...
I was too critical mate..

Old 24-04-2008, 09:15 PM   #13
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Fair dinkum mate , it sounds as if you want to defect ??? Better come up here for a holiday - 5 days with me and you will be rethinking things :
Nuthin but QWIK Fords rollin out my garage .............
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2008, 09:16 PM   #14
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSV-KLR
Fair dinkum mate , it sounds as if you want to defect ??? Better come up here for a holiday - 5 days with me and you will be rethinking things :
Nuthin but QWIK Fords rollin out my garage .............
Nar me never..heheeh
I was like a roman at the coloseum waiting for the fords to eat the lions..

Old 24-04-2008, 09:29 PM   #15
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
As a spectator it would have been nice to see it rip a 10 or 11 second pass.It was a ford after all. You are right though. From up in the stand it all looks easier than it is. Im sure that a high powered car would have me learning quite a few new things . That white vy made it look so easy though...
I was too critical mate..
Sweet mate,you obviously missed the F6 do a 11.4 on his last pass and that Black ls1 ute with the righting on the side was impressive 6lb harrop blower 10.9@125
Old 24-04-2008, 10:52 PM   #16
debacle-racing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

who is going next week?
debacle-racing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2008, 02:12 AM   #17
fpv608
BA MK2 GT

Hi guys, I was competing on that night on my first time run. You guys were right, it is an addiction, how nerves can a person get? wow.... my best time was ;
13.75 @ 106.39.... 2.248 60'
I had a incar video, after viewing Ive noticed the track ended around 50 metres after shifting in 3rd gear, in other words couldnt benefit from 3rd gear. Its a 4 speed auto, but I used the manual mode on that best time. ( the car was totally street strip, 20' wheels, full tank etc...)That was my intention, to know what she would do street strip. Can you please tell me what my second step would be to improve my runs. many thanks from now for your feedbacks.

Falcon-Tickford-FPV Car Club of NSW
http://bseries.com.au/fpv608
PB 13.2 @ 109 mph
fpv608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2008, 06:57 AM   #18
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpv608
Hi guys, I was competing on that night on my first time run. You guys were right, it is an addiction, how nerves can a person get? wow.... my best time was ;
I had a incar video, after viewing Ive noticed the track ended around 50 metres after shifting in 3rd gear, in other words couldnt benefit from 3rd gear. Its a 4 speed auto, but I used the manual mode on that best time. ( the car was totally street strip, 20' wheels, full tank etc...)That was my intention, to know what she would do street strip. Can you please tell me what my second step would be to improve my runs. many thanks from now for your feedbacks.
Your 60ft is where it all is, if you only have a std stall you should be able to get your 60ft into the 2.0 range, just takes a bit of practice but add a say 3000 high stall and you should drop another 4 tenths, 106mph will get you into the 12's with some good air and a good launch/60ft. And yes very addictive.
Old 25-04-2008, 10:13 AM   #19
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Hey man that car is very nice.Loved the gt i think the kids got some shots of it. They liked it alot.
As wade mentioned the 60 footer needs work.He knows alot more than me on the v8's so he is a good bloke to listen too.

Old 25-04-2008, 03:50 PM   #20
fpv608
BA MK2 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcams
Your 60ft is where it all is, if you only have a std stall you should be able to get your 60ft into the 2.0 range, just takes a bit of practice but add a say 3000 high stall and you should drop another 4 tenths, 106mph will get you into the 12's with some good air and a good launch/60ft. And yes very addictive.
Thanks Quadcams, Is their anything I can do to benefit from the topend of 3rd gear? Ive got std. diff ratio. As for the good air I need, Im using Blue powers CAI.

PB 13.2 @ 109 mph
Old 25-04-2008, 03:58 PM   #21
fpv608
BA MK2 GT

Quote:
Hey man that car is very nice.Loved the gt i think the kids got some shots of it. They liked it alot.
As wade mentioned the 60 footer needs work.He knows alot more than me on the v8's so he is a good bloke to listen too.
Thanks Stav, Its amazing the feedback I get from kids, Its probably is because the exterior was desighned by my son, his 11 yrs old. And Im not kidding.

PB 13.2 @ 109 mph
Old 25-04-2008, 06:16 PM   #22
Stav
Smile

No worries mate.I also noticed you are a member of the club I sponsor. Get a sexy car sticker off them next time at a meeting.I wanted to say hi but wasnt sure who you were.
next time

Old 09-05-2008, 09:15 PM   #23
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Hakan.Can you hold second gear down the 1/4? You may go faster...good torque multiplication from the gearing helps.

Last edited by Stav; 09-05-2008 at 09:31 PM.