Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 18-05-2008, 07:47 PM   #1
jack6
Starter Motor

Thumbs down 5.4 ltr barra/rubbish

ive got a 2004 rtv 5.4 ltr.done 60 000 kms and last week dropped a valve,top of lifter was sheered off, the cam.apparently valve got stuck in the valve guide and stayed open,then smashed buy the piston.had since new,never been flogged.ford dont want to no about it because its 4 years old.out of warranty.looking at about $4000.what a in joke.if it had 360000 kms on it i could understand.anyone else heard of this.never again.back to chev!

Old 18-05-2008, 08:26 PM   #2
Mongoose
Can't go around corners

So you join the forums to make this one complaint? And what are we supposed to do about it?
Old 18-05-2008, 08:37 PM   #3
davocol
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi welcome to the forums, it sucks when you dont pay the extra for the extended warranty doesn't it. I would still keep pushing it with Ford though, unfortuntately I am not sure if saying you are going to go get a chev is going to get you any sympathy around here.
Old 18-05-2008, 08:41 PM   #4
plext
Forum Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack6
never again.back to chev!
Quite.

Please don't let us hold up your departure.

We can help with that if you'd like.
Closed Thread