Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 11-06-2008, 04:57 PM   #1
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 
Default wsid tonight.

Im bored whitless!! I am heading up to wsid .The car is running ethanol e 10 at the moment so my goal tonight is to aim for a good reaction time. I know its a bit different ..but getting a pb isnt everything. it looks like rain but bugger it ..I am on my way.If youre there come and say gidday

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2008, 05:07 PM   #2
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Have fun, i was gonna sneek out myself but next week will have to do, FULL street trim......As you say ET isnt everything but we shall see :evil3: :evil3:
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2008, 10:00 PM   #3
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Well it was great fun.I had no intention on getting an et and of course it never happened.Got 2 runs in the night and then it poured. Mr Stav chucked on some safer tyres and left.
I got 0.057 rection time and my first breakout ..red light at -0.022 heheh

it was good fun.
On another note I am glad I didnt aim for a pb..everything that could go wrong ..did.My wideband meter died and recorded none of my runs.In doing so it would intermittently flocker back on to show air fuel ratios of 9 to 10 ...It gives out a narrowband output to keep the eec happy..of course the unit died and didnt know what was happeneing. the best et was 14.6..Go full tank of ethanol!!!

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Old 11-06-2008, 10:22 PM   #4
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

Oh well Stav there's always next time, only 2 runs that's disappointing, did WSID give you a rain pass for next time????

Cheers CC
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2008, 10:22 PM   #5
Stav
Smile

I think the message i am trying to get through is that you dont have to be the fastest 11 second car there. There was a standard au guy there giving the reaction time a go as well. I think that everyone can go and have fun .It would be nice if more Sydney sixes from the forum came out and just enjoyed /experienced it..

Old 11-06-2008, 10:24 PM   #6
Stav
Smile

I didnt know they gave rain pass.Nar its all good anyway Craig. I have changed my focus more to having fun. 14.2 from an au wagon is not to shabby and the experience so far with you guys helping too...has been amazing..Coming from me ..I never dreamed a few years ago of even doing it at all. :

Whats even better....I just found and repaired a bad solder joint on the pcb of my wideband meter.

Last edited by Stav; 11-06-2008 at 10:30 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:39 PM   #7
Stav
Smile

On another upside I met a guy tonight with an xr6turbo who knew my whole story from the forums and he said he won the top door slammers in recent time. he was well spoken and seemed like a nice guy.He was from Newcastle...do you guys know who he is? Really nice bloke...

Last edited by Stav; 11-06-2008 at 10:59 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:11 PM   #8
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Stav could be wrong but if you only get 2 runs or less and its rained out you get a complementry pass for next time, keep your ticket and maybe give them a call.
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2008, 11:14 PM   #9
Stav
Smile

Might drop em a line tommorow .Theyre pretty good down at wsid.