Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 13-07-2008, 09:31 PM   #31
Gammaboy
Grinder+Welder = Race car

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBTom
rider was hidden by a-pillar.
Suuuuuuuuuuuuure.
Old 13-07-2008, 10:15 PM   #32
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBTom
On a similar note, I had a bingle a few weeks ago. I came to stop on a small backstreet, waiting to turn right into another small street. I waited until two cars passed and I went to move off, but because of a number of reasons I didnt see the oncoming moped rider and consequently cut him off and he hit the side of my car.

I got an infringement notice for failing to give way. 3 Points and $182 fine.
Can someone explain the finer points of this charge? Should I have been given this fine even though I did come to a complete stop prior to hitting the other guy?

Im fully prepared to cop this penalty, but I dont think I explained the incident to the officer very well and obviously if I dont deserve the fine, I dont want to pay it.
I do courier type work as part of my job and in the last year ive also had one speeding fine about 10 months ago for which I lost one point. So for the next two months I'll only have 1 point before being suspended.
Are you for real? You nearly kill a bloke and you need it explained? How did you get your license?

This has go to rate as one of the dumbest things I have ever read.
Old 13-07-2008, 10:26 PM   #33
EBTom
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Are you retarded? I did not nearly kill the bloke. It was a 40kph street with speed humps every 80 metres or so. He was moving at about 20-30kph and I was less than 5kph. You dont know a thing about what happened and you want to come on an internet forum and criticise me like a tool?
My point is that the police officer obviously decides what charges to lay based on the statements given by the witnesses, myself included. I didnt explain everything I wanted fully, and I was just wondering if the outcome wouldve changed if I had.
FalconCoupe gave me the answer I was after so theres no need for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
Are you for real? You nearly kill a bloke and you need it explained? How did you get your license?

This has go to rate as one of the dumbest things I have ever read.

Former Rides:
EB1 FAIRMONT – 4.0, A4, FULL EXHAUST, WADE 1004, TIP J3, 18” BA XR8’S, SUPERLOWS, SPRINT KIT,
AU1 FAIRMONT GHIA – 5.0, A4, 3" CATBACK, 20" VERSUS WRAITH, ULTRALOWS, TICKFORD & MOMO GOODIES
Closed Thread