Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 29-07-2008, 06:26 PM   #31
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco
Guys, guys, guys.

Chill pill!

This was just a general notice to let you know of our new club, and that you're welcome to it if it's your thing. Not to deconstruct it's constitution or criteria.

Like all things in life fella's, you have choices. If this one isn't for you, then that's cool. We're not here to shove it down your throats if it's not your cup of tea. This is your site and we are just advising as a courtesy, nothing else.

All good, don't worry about it.

cheers,
Dave.
All well and good..........I think most people will appreciate your efforts.........its just the way that the criteria comes across. As a GT specific car club, surely you have to respect the marque and allow any GT owner access should they wish to join. The latter day GT's ( BA -BF - FG ) are easily the most accomplished of the GT breed and represent the GRAND TOURING philosophy better than any other FORD model.........excluding them on the grounds of not being limited??????? build is sure to aggravate and ignite passions.............

Of course it is your club and your perogative, I just think your administration just needs to be more sensitive when publicaly advertising and justifying membership criteria.

Good luck with the club and hope all goes well..............
Old 29-07-2008, 06:28 PM   #32
disco

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP
All well and good..........I think most people will appreciate your efforts.........its just the way that the criteria comes across. As a GT specific car club, surely you have to respect the marque and allow any GT owner access should they wish to join. The latter day GT's ( BA -BF - FG ) are easily the most accomplished of the GT breed and represent the GRAND TOURING philosophy better than any other FORD model.........excluding them on the grounds of not being limited??????? build is sure to aggravate and ignite passions.............

Of course it is your club and your perogative, I just think your administration just needs to be more sensitive when publicaly advertising and justifying membership criteria.

Good luck with the club and hope all goes well..............
Ignite passions...I guess it can only be good. We're all on the same team behind the blue oval, and I can understand where you guys are coming from.

The new GT's are awesome cars, no doubt about that.

Anyway thanks for the well wishes and cheers guys.

Dave.
Old 29-07-2008, 06:28 PM   #33
GTP-RPD
GTP-RPD

Gee, interesting arguement. I am old enough to remember these production specials you talk about about as being everyday transportation for many people for many years. Used to see them in shopping centre car parks and in the city daily. A bit like some of the production models today.

I wonder if could start a club for LE Monaro's, and not include the modern ones cause they are pretty common? just my 2 cents worth.

but good luck with your venture.....
69 XTGT
70 XWGT
97 EL Fairmont Ghia
68 HK Monaro GTS327
73 HQ Monaro GTS427
71 XY GTHO
03 BA GT-P Mk1
04 BA Falcon XR6
05 BA GT-P Mk2
06 WRX
06 HSV GTO Z
93 ED Fairmont
16 FG-X G6E Turbo
Old 29-07-2008, 06:32 PM   #34
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I dont see what the problem is...

They have a preference so they have like minded cars and enthusiasts, they are willing to except other cars too, especially alot of the later GT's and a few more of the special breed of cars that are more than welcome in most peoples opinions.

They cant call themselves the Pre tickford and FPV club either, as that would be spiteful.

Early falcon car clubs I always considered were Pre XR, models like the XL XM XP etc.

I can understand where they are coming from, The GT Nationals in Perth last year were full with quite a few GT's, but seeing a few Ba/Bf's in the mix doesnt quite seem right IMO. They are nice cars but they are a different level of car and although they share the same name, they arent the same car.

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.
Old 29-07-2008, 06:32 PM   #35
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
think you mean flawed not floored :
In the words of Ralph Wiggam - Me fail english; that's unpossible!

*kicks self for not running spell checker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Highlander
i have been told that you guy's are not GT club friendly..
You've been misinformed.
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
Old 29-07-2008, 06:37 PM   #36
GTP-RPD
GTP-RPD

How about the Ford Performance Car Club??

Intersting point about the Perth GT nats. I am sure Carroll Shelby owners feel the same way every time he releases a new Shelby Model?????

Also they are not supposed to be the same.......
Old 29-07-2008, 06:39 PM   #37
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnoods
I can understand where they are coming from, The GT Nationals in Perth last year were full with quite a few GT's, but seeing a few Ba/Bf's in the mix doesnt quite seem right IMO. They are nice cars but they are a different level of car and although they share the same name, they arent the same car.
That is fine. I understand that.

But to include the BF 40th and Cobra model but exclude all the other BF GTs because they are not different enough, stinks of triple standards.
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
Old 29-07-2008, 06:40 PM   #38
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnoods
I dont see what the problem is...

They have a preference so they have like minded cars and enthusiasts, they are willing to except other cars too, especially alot of the later GT's and a few more of the special breed of cars that are more than welcome in most peoples opinions.

They cant call themselves the Pre tickford and FPV club either, as that would be spiteful.

Early falcon car clubs I always considered were Pre XR, models like the XL XM XP etc.

I think you bring up good points instead of the usual emotional posts.
Just wish them luck and thats it.....
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
Old 29-07-2008, 06:42 PM   #39
b2tf
not here much anymore

closed while I run out and check to see if the XR8 has somehow morphed into a GT. or a TS50. or an XW GT. Or ANYTHING that will get me into the club.
Old 29-07-2008, 06:43 PM   #40
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Hmmm a Claytons GT club that admits non GT's but not all real GT's.... :
Old 29-07-2008, 06:43 PM   #41
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
Hmmm a Claytons GT club that admits non GT's but not all real GT's.... :
my GT is more of a GT than your GT cos mine says GT on the GT more than your GT does