Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 31-08-2008, 03:31 PM   #1
TZH
Only have the small Ford

Default Classically M3 , this is awesome !

Article from 1988 BMW M3 V10 project

Before >>

Body was acid dipped to remove all paint and glue leaving us with a bare metal tub to work with. Unfortunately a poor job was done and will later be cleaned up.

All new parts arrived from BMW including all E90 (2007 3 series) subframes, suspension, rear end, Moton shocks and Brembo Gran Turismo big brake kit with 15" rotors. Last but not least the new M5 V10 engine power plant with transmission/differential and components.

Chassis build contd. Engine fitment

Once the motor was fitted and MORE measurements where taken the body was removed once again to remove the motor. The body was then placed back onto the chassis to weld in the permanent frame rails fabricated to fit the E90 sub-frames.

Read the article at 1988 BMW M3 V10 project

Last edited by TZH; 31-08-2008 at 03:38 PM.
TZH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2008, 03:51 PM   #2
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Wow... bit of money wold have been spent on that...
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2008, 03:58 PM   #3
Boza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thats awesome i love e30 bmw's i've had acouple still got a 89 325is great little cars
Boza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2008, 04:05 PM   #4
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Ruger will not sleep after he sees this.
Old 31-08-2008, 04:07 PM   #5
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"

I really would like an E30 2.5 litre Evo M3 – just soooo right.

The yanks have done LS1 conversions in to early M3’s (Alpina did a 3.5 litre conversion too) so I guess a BMW V10 isn’t that bad. Wonder if they went manual or auto (America was the only country to get a manual E90 M5)?
Scuderia Rev: Otto the tow pig - 2007 3.0 litre Coupé, vernünftig schnelle aber kein peilstab, Bathurst 2007 und 2010 zwölf Stunde Gewinner Jaffa the angry ant - mid 70's Honda 市民の, 73 と立方インチ LSD Elle "the body" shell - early 70's Datsun フェアレディ coupe. いい体は彼女の内側、内側と土台を待つ
Rev28K is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2008, 04:57 PM   #6
XXRR-50
Formerly ORSMT-2

Just awesome! Obviously the budget wasn't a problem lol.

German BMW Tuners have been doing conversions like this for years. One of the craziest ones that I can remember was a 3-series Compact with a V12!

Previous cars:
'03 BA G220 Fairlane
'00 T2 TE50 #063(ORSMT-2)
'96 EFII Fairmont Ghia 5l V8(TOPGIA#2)
'03 BA Fairmont Ghia I6(TOPGIA#1)
'94 ED XR6(TKFRD-6)
'93 EB S-XR6

FOR SALE: ORSMT-2 NUMBER PLATES
XXRR-50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2008, 05:02 PM   #7
The Monty
Just slidin'

Rotors are as big as my rims, lol.
I think TerminatorS's build is equally impressive.
Old 31-08-2008, 08:39 PM   #8
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

that's awsome

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2008, 09:19 PM   #9
drew`SEVNT5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev28K
I really would like an E30 2.5 litre Evo M3 – just soooo right.

The yanks have done LS1 conversions in to early M3’s (Alpina did a 3.5 litre conversion too) so I guess a BMW V10 isn’t that bad. Wonder if they went manual or auto (America was the only country to get a manual E90 M5)?

E60 M5, son...E60

-2011 Nissan 370z Coupe (6M)-
-2006 Husqvarna SMRR450-
drew`SEVNT5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2008, 09:45 PM   #10
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew`SEVNT5
E60 M5, son...E60
Damn! Knew that I should've googled it before posting :togo:
Scuderia Rev: Otto the tow pig - 2007 3.0 litre Coupé, vernünftig schnelle aber kein peilstab, Bathurst 2007 und 2010 zwölf Stunde Gewinner Jaffa the angry ant - mid 70's Honda 市民の, 73 と立方インチ LSD Elle "the body" shell - early 70's Datsun フェアレディ coupe. いい体は彼女の内側、内側と土台を待つ
Rev28K is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2008, 09:47 PM   #11
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

That is an awesome build, would be a weapon to drive. Can't wait to see the end result.
Old 31-08-2008, 10:24 PM   #12
goof

All i can add to this is awesome, such build quality too. Cant wait till it finished and hopefully some video of it running
Go Mods: Raptor Supercharger, Bosch 440cc inj, 4495's, High flow cat, 2.5" exhaust, BF turbo brakes
Hows it go: 13.04@107.8mph 1.99 60ft 233.4rwkw
goof is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2008, 10:07 AM   #13
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

oh thats hot. soooooo hot.. i want one
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2008, 10:13 AM   #14
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Are the rear disk brakes gold in colour and the front silver? why is this do you think?

Click here to see my ute
fordOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2008, 10:45 AM   #15
BAxtER
ive been 4490'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
Ruger will not sleep after he sees this.
lol indeed, but it is a very good build up thus far. No wonder he likes them...im starting to like em just with these pics!!
www.taipanmotorsport.com.au
BAxtER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2008, 01:33 PM   #16
H4ZE
Cannonballin'.

There was an army green E30 coupe (complete with pro touring suspension, brakes etc.) from Norway getting about on one of the E30-specific forums (r3vlimited or e30tech) that was running the five litre V12 from a similar vintage 750i. It ran five ECUs- two each for the two banks of cylinders, and the fifth ran the auto. IIRC they had to run with the auto, as the only manual that would slide behind it comes from the 850i and they're incredibly rare and expensive.
I myself am a big E30 fan- these cars are tons of fun to drive with their powerful engines and are relatively lightweight.

EDIT: found it, here it is: http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthr...light=750i+V12

Das ist gut, jah?
Sold: 1991 LTD
H4ZE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2008, 05:36 PM   #17
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4ZE
There was an army green E30 coupe (complete with pro touring suspension, brakes etc.) from Norway getting about on one of the E30-specific forums (r3vlimited or e30tech) that was running the five litre V12 from a similar vintage 750i. It ran five ECUs- two each for the two banks of cylinders, and the fifth ran the auto. IIRC they had to run with the auto, as the only manual that would slide behind it comes from the 850i and they're incredibly rare and expensive.
I myself am a big E30 fan- these cars are tons of fun to drive with their powerful engines and are relatively lightweight.

EDIT: found it, here it is: http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthr...light=750i+V12

Das ist gut, jah?
that looks menecing with the twin pods out front...and she looks the goods aswell!

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2008, 12:15 AM   #18
Ruger
Bseries Moderator

eheheh yer ive seen that build folks didnt know he got the engine in it though.

Yep that is why i love these cars and why i own one lol. The thing is the original engine that came from that m3 is now a sought after engine so he would have got a bit of money back on that.

Theres also a fellow on e30 tech thats cut pretty much the whole rear floorpan/chassis out of his e30 and fitted a corvette irs setup and iirc 11" slicks. absolutely insane. That is m3 3.2 turbocharged powered.

But yes people go overboard with these cars and its insanely beautifull. Its the first time ive seen e30 v10 though. The v12 has been done and is documented though not common, 24v six is super common and the m3 swap is also fairly common. Ls1/ls2, cosworth, nissan rb/sr and toyota 1j/2j have all been done aswell. all comes down to budget. Ive seen e30 funny cars, rally cars, circuit cars - they are very versatile. rwd, irs and can be as light as 900kg and full weight is under 1200kg... whats not to like

Only those that attempt the absurd achieve the impossible.

Serviced and maintained by Mascot Auto Repairs
Ruger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2008, 12:27 AM   #19
drew`SEVNT5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger

Yep that is why i love these cars and why i own one lol. The thing is the original engine that came from that m3 is now a sought after engine so he would have got a bit of money back on that.

Theres also a fellow on e30 tech thats cut pretty much the whole rear floorpan/chassis out of his e30 and fitted a corvette irs setup and iirc 11" slicks. absolutely insane. That is m3 3.2 turbocharged powered.

But yes people go overboard with these cars and its insanely beautifull. Its the first time ive seen e30 v10 though. The v12 has been done and is documented though not common, 24v six is super common and the m3 swap is also fairly common. Ls1/ls2, cosworth, nissan rb/sr and toyota 1j/2j have all been done aswell. all comes down to budget. Ive seen e30 funny cars, rally cars, circuit cars - they are very versatile. rwd, irs and can be as light as 900kg and full weight is under 1200kg... whats not to like

E30-itis is whats not to like :P

-2011 Nissan 370z Coupe (6M)-
-2006 Husqvarna SMRR450-
drew`SEVNT5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2008, 09:01 AM   #20
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger

I've an old 525e engine lying around ready for the M20 stroker build, which I reckon is a good E30 upgrade. Will probably chuck it in my E34 as every caant and his dog does it to the E30s.
For good racing youtube the popular NZ E30 racing series, limited to lightly modded 318s and 320s, I think theres around 40 entries at last count, much better racing than V8 show ponies.
smoo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post