Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

View Poll Results: Do you want to see NHL on TEN HD
Yes, I'd love to see the NHL 2 50.00%
No, Ice Hockey is stupid 1 25.00%
Maybe, if it doesn't get in the way of my daily viewings 1 25.00%
Other, please specify below 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 30-09-2008, 09:32 PM   #1
WindsorXR
FGII XR6, Focus Sport, XR

Default Should Ten HD show NHL?

Hi guys, I am just curious on what you guys all think.
As Ten HD are playing a lot of American sports-Nascar, NFL and I think NBA is coming soon. I was wondering how many people would be interested in seeing The NHL(National Hockey League- Ice hockey)as the 2008-2009 season is about 2 weeks away from starting?

I for one would love to see it showed as I try my hardest to follow the NHL, but as I don't have foxtel, I have to rely on the internet, but would rather see it played on the Widescreen TV.

Any opinions welcome! Cheers

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

BA XR8 Build Thread (SOLD)
1966 XR Falcon Build Thread
Old 30-09-2008, 09:35 PM   #2
Windsor220
Now Fordless

I'd rather that than NFL.
Old 30-09-2008, 09:58 PM   #3
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Not a big ice hockey fan but am a fan of the NFL. When I scrape together some excess cash, I'm definitely going to get a new HD tuner for my PC, I kinda miss tv (most of my viewing comes via a torrent).
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Old 30-09-2008, 10:29 PM   #4
WindsorXR
FGII XR6, Focus Sport, XR

Actually, I got a bit stuck on watching NFL today before i left for work. Some nice hard hits, How come USA get all the tough hard hitting sports?

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

BA XR8 Build Thread (SOLD)
1966 XR Falcon Build Thread
Old 30-09-2008, 11:05 PM   #5
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSSXR8
Actually, I got a bit stuck on watching NFL today before i left for work. Some nice hard hits, How come USA get all the tough hard hitting sports?
i dunno, i reckon getting tackled playing league or union would hurt a lot more than in the NFL...

dont americans always say we are heaps tough or crazy for playing contact sports without pads? :

EDIT: my bad, forgot the thread was closed and still posted :